1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Cleveland must have an awesome foundation

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by LoneGranger, Jul 2, 2019.

1. tyler christopher

tyler christopher Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2016
    yea I dont get that putrid contract but the patriots seem to pull that off with everyone...............

2. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    I wonder how many SB's the Stains would have if they held onto Belicheat?:think:

Probably still have a big fat goose egg.:clowns:

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  3. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    Vernon had 192 pressures the past 3 years, 16th in the NFL - even with all of the time he missed. The problem is that Vernon was paid like a top 5 sack guy a few years ago. He couldn’t live up to the expectations of his payday. That doesn’t mean that he’s “garbage.” He’s just not a star.

As for comparing Richardson and Collins as players, Richardson got a deal worth 12.3 million/year with 15 million guaranteed at signing. At the same time, Collins got 1 year, 2 million with 250k guaranteed - after being cut by the Browns. If Collins is a star, a whole lot of NFL execs who know a lot more about gauging talent than you or me are very wrong about him.

4. tyler christopher

Jan 20, 2016
    Richardson is still young and getting paid off him being a top 5 pick a few years back hoping he is still gonna put it all together... Those gms are wrong... He is a total bust.......... Plus he is a total cancer in locker room.....

5. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    I hope you’re right.

6. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    On the potentially negative side:
    1. The worst owner in football, maybe professional sports!
    2. No proven experience at GM!
    3. Zero head coaching experience!
    4. Zero leadership!
    5. A 50+ year culture of ineptitude!
    6. A sophomore QB!
    7. A fanbase and media who "expect" to win it all and will settle for nothing less than a deep playoff run!
    On the potentially positive side:
    1. A little on field talent.

The Browns are the Browns and will be for some time to come.

7. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    They have improved dramatically, They can compete with anybody.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    50 years is not really accurate. Browns were contenders in the mid to late 1980s with Schottenheimer at HC. Browns went to 3 AFC Championships during this time. Hardly inept.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. lvsteelersfan

lvsteelersfan Well-Known Member

Aug 18, 2015
    Talent doesn't mean diddly squat. Year after year it has been proven that building through the draft is the way to go all the way. Bringing in high priced whiners like OBJ is not a good way to get chemistry. It kills your salary cap and pisses off the other players who aren't getting paid. Every team has a year of film on Mayfield. NFL teams are pretty damn good at turning flash in the pan 1st year QBs into mediocre players after one year of good film on them. They will know his tendencies. OBJ will be a locker room cancer if Mayfield tries to spread the ball around a lot. Then Mayfield may try to force it to him like Ben did with AB last year. I have been predicting that they will probably end up about 7-9 or possibly 8-8 because the coaches will lose at least 2-3 games for them. I am not saying they can't beat the Steelers because we will be their main target. BUT they will lose to other teams that they should beat. It remains to be seen if they can get their head out of their butts on the road this year. That is on Tomlin. If the Steelers play decent on the road they should easily win the AFC North.

• Like Like x 1
  10. 86WardsWay

Dec 27, 2012

Agree on most everything you said and will add if the Clowns win their 1st 2 games every ESPN talking head and Power rating will have them in the top 5 with 14 games to go. 90% of Stains fans will have reservations ready for Miami. That will be a huge amount of pressure right off the bat. If they then went 2 and 3 after 5 games their locker room would implode.

The Steelers are still clearly the favorites to win the division IMO. I think they will be out to prove something this year with the departures of the childhood behavior from the so called stars.

11. tyler christopher

Jan 20, 2016
    what he said..............

12. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    Browns were the cream of the crop when Dan Rooney was getting started. He said that he would use their franchise model for guidance on how to build a winner.

13. HeinzMustard

Nov 18, 2015
    Elway was to the Browns in the 80's as Brady is to the Steelers now. Complete 100% ownership in the playoffs.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    Every time I bet on Elway in the SB he lost. Will be 'Horse face' to me for infinity.

15. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    Despite going to three AFC Championships, they have the worst record of any team over that 50 year span = inept

The 80's in ancient history in the NFL and since returning to the NFL, after their team left town to get the stink off, they have the worst record of any team = inept

They have destroyed more talent than most teams have ever seen = inept

On field talent is a very small part of the equation and while they have "some" talent, they are still a dumpster fire = inept

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  16. HeinzMustard

Nov 18, 2015
    I hate to say it... but those Browns teams would've done better in the Super Bowl. Browns choked 2 of the 3 AFC Championship games to the Broncos.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. HeinzMustard

Nov 18, 2015
    What were the Steelers doing during this time period... mid to late 80's? 7-9 in '85, 6-10 in '86... and *ahem*... 5-11 in '88. I remember it well... two of those seasons occurred during my high school years. 1989 was really the only bright spot in that era... and the Steelers overachieved that year after getting blown out in the first two games.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  18. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    This is just silly! Everyone knows what the Steelers are and have been. This is a thread about the Browns foundation which is 100% pure garbage. It's just a question of whether you want to jump on the hype bandwagon or accept the reality that is, and has been, the Browns.

It's like Parcells said "you are what your record says you are" The Browns 1 year record is 7-8-1, their two year record is 7-24-1, their three year record is 8-39-1.

19. HeinzMustard

Nov 18, 2015
    Meanwhile... the Patriots have tied the Steelers in Super Bowl victories. I could not care less about the Browns. The evil empire must be defeated.

20. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Everything is fine. Every one can breathe again . Cleveland is still Cleveland. Just watched Greedy Williams pass off his receiver to no one and give up a 40 yard TD. They also tradedo Duke Johnson away so they are banking on Chubb until Hunt serves his suspension.

21. 86WardsWay

Dec 27, 2012
    WHY ON EARTH IS THIS THREAD STILL ON THE STEELERS TALK FORUM AND NOT IN THE GENERAL NFL FORUM?

I dig the owner and the mods here but they sure are whiffing on this one.

• Like Like x 1
  22. Junebug

Junebug Well-Known Member

Oct 1, 2018
    Mayfield looked excellent on the opening drive........

.........sorry.

• Agree Agree x 1
  23. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    The Browns looked excellent in the preseason 2 years ago then didn't win a game. They are going to be what they are.

• Agree Agree x 1
  24. Steelersfan43

Steelersfan43 Well-Known Member

Aug 10, 2016

But their defense...

25. Junebug

Junebug Well-Known Member

Oct 1, 2018

Well......what they WERE is not what they ARE now. That's just a fact.