1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Claypool on the block?

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Blast Furnace, Oct 19, 2022.

1. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    I'm sure he would get a shot at the role if they traded Claypool, but I'm far from optimistic about him succeeding there.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    I would hope if there is a trade that he would get a chance, but we are not in practice. I like his special teams play also.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    He has the DJ's(dropsies) at times in his career. If their is interest I would wait the next 2 games to see if Claypool can duplicate his dominate performance. If so and someone offers a 2nd and a 5th you would have tp pause and think of the future. I wouldn't trade him for anything less.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Steelpens65

Steelpens65 Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2021
    How tall do you think Tyreek Hill is ? He is 5’9, that midget does pretty good. Austin brings speed which apparently our other wrs don’t possess.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    https://steelersdepot.com/2022/10/c...ore-than-happy-to-play-for-whoever-wants-him/

Throws a little water on the impending trade to the Packers. Most of this is based on a rumor in preseason that the Packers were interested. Theres nothing showing any interest on the part of the Steelers to trade Claypool and makes a good point that the next two games could decide Claypools fate. If they win both or even 1 out of two, would they really trade Claypool at that point? If they lose both, maybe they would.

You have a rookie QB, you wouldn’t be doing him any favors thinning out his receiver help. I guess if the Packers make an offer they couldn’t refuse it could happen but now I’m thinking it won’t.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Keep trying

7. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Let Me ask You a Question.....What did I write that was wrong???
    Nothing....I don't care if You traded for the next President of the USA....they still let Him go.
    Does He , or doesn't He almost have as many yards,and catches as two other years with the Ravens????
    LoL.
    Now I'm starting to see what the others have said about You. You say No facts, but name one thing I said that was without facts in that post. You can't.

8. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    One thing that is wrong is your assertion that cutting a player is the same as trading a player for a first-round draft pick. That simply isn't true. Your statement was either a bald-faced lie or an example of incredible stupidity on your part.

Also, no, 43 is not almost 91. Those are his reception totals so far this season and all of 2021. Also, 485 is not almost 1,008. In addition to being dishonest, you are having some serious issues with math.

I write facts and statistics all the time and I do so honestly. You should try it some time.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  9. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Are You trying to be stupid, or are You .....Again I said two other years.....He's played 3 years there You idiot. Two of his Years he had 46 ,and 58 catches in those years with 584, 769 yards....so yes with 43 catches ,and 485 yards.....He has almost equaled what He did in two previous years with the Ravens. Now I see why You are a Teacher....because You can actually feel somewhat superior over children. LoL. While Grown-ups laugh at You.

• Like Like x 3
  10. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    They can certainly give Boykin a look as the # 3 if it comes to that but I’m a Notre Dame homer and didnt want the Steelers to draft him.

His play so far to date has done nothing to make me change my mind about him.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. Disco1981

Disco1981 Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2017
    There in lies the dilemma...For arguments sake say it is GB, and we wait 2 weeks...Rodgers isn't getting any younger and they need help NOW...

If they suck the next 2 weeks, or Cosmo reverts back to the WR he's been for pretty much the last 2 seasons ( terrible )...

Why would GB give you anything of value

• Like Like x 1
  12. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    You didn't specify which years. The most valid comparison would be his most recent season in Baltimore. It is thoroughly dishonest and invalid to leave out his 2021 season. My error was assuming you would at least make an attempt at an honest comparison. I should know better than to expect that of you.

As an English teacher, I do enjoy the irony of you talking about adults laughing at someone. Maybe someone here will explain it to you if you ask nicely.

13. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    I doubt any team is going to base its evaluation of a player on just two games. The value of waiting is seeing where the Steelers are in two weeks. if they are 2-6, it makes sense to trade veterans for future assets if possible. If they win one or both games, maybe they can actually turn things around and contend in the division.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. defva

defva Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    One decent game and now he's a hot commodity?! But, with that being said, unless we turn things around offensively ... he's gone anyway

15. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012
  16. Steelpens65

Steelpens65 Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  17. Brice

Brice Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2018
    I still think Pickens will replace Claypool. I know you don't, but to me all signs point to Pickens being our jump ball guy.

Austin may have his speed, but it is going to be Pickens who turns into the Megatron of this team.

I think Claypool is worth a 3rd round comp pick if we do nothing and keep him for the next 2 years, so a trade offer would have to beat that. (800yds and 5 TDs, is that worth a Comp. 3rd?)

Last edited: Oct 21, 2022
  18. The Sodfather

The Sodfather Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2014
    Honestly the only reason I don't want him traded IS SO THEY DON'T TAKE ANOTHER G@DD*AMNED WIDE RECEIVER!!! They need interior lineman on both sides of the ball, linebackers are never a terrible idea (particularly inside now). How about a decent cornerback to help out Cam? I was on board with taking Pickens after losing JSS and Washington. But then they took Austin which was a bit of a head scratcher, and he can't get on the field. In fact, I heard a reporter on The Fan yesterday saying he is beginning to wonder if Austin will play at all this season. Enough with the toys. Get some grunts for the trenches FFS's.

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
  19. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    They won't have a top 5 pick this year :shrug:.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    You can get good players in the third round, some Steelers fans overrate these players.

21. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011

If that’s what it would cost, I don’t see the Packers providing that but, GM’s brah.

• Like Like x 1
  22. Dhazer

Dhazer Member

Oct 21, 2022

Hiya Folks I just joined because of this thread, I am a cheesehead who was raised 30 miles North of Green Bay but now live an hr east of Da Burg. So i kind of pay attention to the Steelers. I would love for the Packers to trade for Claypool so Jordan Love has a solid wideout to grow with along with the 2 rookies from this year. So maybe we trade Rodgers for Claypool lol j/k (I wish it was true) But the Packers are not all in and if you look at their schedule you will see why. They have the Redskins this week but then you get the Bills Eagles, Cowboys, Titans, and Dolphins. A lot of us Packer fans want to move on to Love and get rid of the so-called great QB. He is cancer that calls out coaches and players but he is like Ben was last year and can't throw a deep ball to save his ass. So like I said I would love to get Chase for a 3rd I don't see us giving up draft picks that we will need next year to get below the cap after we cut veterans.

23. AFan

AFan Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    There is no way on planet Earth, that Claypool fetches a similar draft haul as McCaffery. If the Steelers get an offer like that, they need to take it and run.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
  24. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    What??? Multiple 2nds plus additional picks?

25. The Sodfather

The Sodfather Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2014
    Claypool has been mostly untapped potential with flashes of brilliance. Who the hell is Dov Kleiman, and what "executives" believe he was on the trading block that are willing to give up for Claypool what was given for McCaffrey?

• Winner Winner x 2