1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Classy Arthur Moats

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by niterider, Nov 17, 2015.

1. niterider

niterider Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2012

The browns fans that immediately started bashing him are idiots. But Moats handles it with style. More players need to look at how moats responds to criticism.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  2. GB_Steel

GB_Steel Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2011
    Yeah you could tell immediately after he did it that he was remorseful. Just something that happens when you try to bring down the ball carrier. I personally loved watching Manziel's body contort to Moats' grasp.

3. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    I agree with that wholeheartedly!

4. blountforcetrauma

blountforcetrauma Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    I enjoyed it as well but thought it would have been even funnier if they'd have missed the call. LOL!

5. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    Sorry I tried to rip your head off Bro, no hard feelings right?! :lolol:

• Like Like x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  6. niterider

niterider Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2012
    How he responds to comments were even better. Didn't know he was that classy.

7. MeanJoeBlue

MeanJoeBlue Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2013
    Agree on the remorse and lack of deliberateness.
    Moats has already said he expects a hefty fine, and based on Twitter it seems like he and Manziel have patched things up.

At least it wasn't like he deliberately pushed himself into a QB's shins as he was diving, or did a Suh-stomp after the play was over.

8. Steelers412

Steelers412 Well-Known Member

Nov 2, 2015
    I love how nobody brings up how he was mugged/held. It would have been a sack but since he was held he just reached out in desperation and that was the result.

9. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    JM was totally cool about it, he was basically like, thats football. His play the last two weeks and comments like that are earning him some points from me, I was a big JM basher.

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. Guest

Guest Guest

That about sums it up. :lolol:

Classy move by Moats on the apology, I agree.

11. Iowasteeljim

Iowasteeljim

Oct 26, 2011
    Same on both counts. When he started I found myself hoping that the kid awfulled himself right out of the NFL. Now I kind of hope he ends up being a notch above awful which to the Browns would equal probowler.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    So, I agree that Moats' response has been great. However, I think the play itself merits a fine. I haven't watched it since Sunday, but I did watch the replay a few times during the game and it looked like he held on a dangerously long time. I know that things move fast on the field, but he had to have realized what his hand was wrapped around before he actually released the face mask. The next day I was chatting with a fellow Steeler fan at work, and she was thinking the same thing. He could have broken JM's neck. Just my opinion.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Guest

Guest Guest

14. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    I stated in the game day thread, but does anyone remember the Keith Gary sack of Ken Anderson on MNF? Pretty much the exact same play. Nasty to watch.