1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Classic Tomlin

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by MadtownDruankard, Sep 9, 2018.

1. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    No.... on all of those. I'd rather get a young HC from the NCAA ranks.

2. Busman

Busman

Oct 18, 2011

You should really do something about that cough. Robutusin I hear is good.

3. Busman

Busman

Oct 18, 2011
    Waiting for the " Tomlin is undisciplined"

4. Busman

Busman

Oct 18, 2011
    It was the reincarnate Jacksonville game

5. Steelcitian

Steelcitian Well-Known Member

Sep 6, 2017
    Tomlin is undisciplined. He never has the team ready to play each week.

• Like Like x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  6. Mr.HammerZz

Mr.HammerZz Well-Known Member

Mar 13, 2018
    You just can't turn the ball over 6X's and expect a W....

• Agree Agree x 3
  7. Steelsax

Steelsax Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2011
    What in the world has Fisher ever done? He went to one SB in his tenure with Tennessee and lost. And talking about "classic," Cowher was always classic when going up against Belichick in the AFCC, always a loss. BTW, how many "new" coaches won this past week?

8. HeinzMustard

Nov 18, 2015
    I'd rather have Pederson, Belichick, Payton, Carroll, McCarthy and McVay at HC... any day of the week over Tomlin. There's probably more. If the Jets turn it around and sweep the Patriots with a rookie QB this year... hell...then I'd hire Bowles too, as new HC.

9. Thigpen82

Thigpen82 Bitter optimist

Oct 17, 2011
    I was also annoyed at playing conservative in the 4th, but the weather conditions were a factor. If we’d gone out aggressive and turned the ball over, people would be saying we should have played safer.

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012
    I would take Cowher back in a heart beat

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  11. HeinzMustard

Nov 18, 2015
    Cowher's heart is not in it anymore. He looks like he enjoys his job with CBS. CBS job is much easier than HC... and less time consuming.

12. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012
    Has he said his heart's not in it?... JMO but he would be better than most HCs out there right now. And he would def have control of the lockerroom/team. but i kno he will prob nvr coach again

13. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    They went out conservative and turned the ball over anyway, no win situation as far as criticism.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    You can't prepare for 6 turnovers duh

• Like Like x 1
  15. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    Jeff Fisher aka Mister 8-8 :lolol:

16. LoneGranger

LoneGranger Well-Known Member

May 5, 2016
    Double duh! Who prepares for 6 turnovers? You prepare for zero turnovers. You do prepare for players having a bad game and have the balls to replace them during the game.

17. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    So you wanted Ben to be replaced?:shrug:

18. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Bruce Arians said something similar prior to last Sunday’s game.

19. MattyMo9

MattyMo9 Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2017
    Point on

How he hasn’t been fired by the Steelers yet is mind boggling.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. MattyMo9

MattyMo9 Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2017
    Trust me Ben gets as much blame as Tomlinfor that debacle on Sunday. Still doesn’t mean Tomlin isn’t clueless and has 0 locker room control or football game plan adjustments.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  21. SGSteeler

SGSteeler Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2013
    He didn’t have to leave his feet... it was a perfect throw. Jesse is a pro athlete, he should be expected to catch a ball that hits him directly in the hands. That’s a routine catch for pop warner kids. JJ was beside himself after that play. He knew it was his fault.

I don’t excuse Ben for his performance, but that pick was 100% squarely on JJ.

22. Diamond

Diamond Well-Known Member

May 26, 2012

Maybe this didnt help:

On sub-package issues: "There were a couple of times where we got into our hurry-up package. And we have some new coaches that didn't understand it.

"We have to get better and crisper in our substitutions."

Aside from all that, Cam Heyward had nothing to say.

23. JAD

JAD Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2012
    Can you tell me what you think he does right, his discipline of players, his, Awareness of game situations, his ability to see when a player is fatigued or injured, his overlooking an opponent were playing this week and talks about the opponents a couple weeks away, or maybe it's his time management, or the ability to recognize sooner when a player just doesn't have it ie, Javis Jones, Jones(qb) Mike Mitchell, Golden, Tousant, his game planning, offense and defensively, his ability to see when a player needs more reps in preseason in order to get their game timing and game speed so as to not start the season rusty, obviously there is more.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2018
  24. DSteelerCT

DSteelerCT Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2011
    "I don’t know Mike Tomlin. I tried to call him a couple times, and he didn’t return my phone calls. That’s no big deal; there’s a lot of people that don’t return my phone calls. I did use an outside source to try to hook up with him.

"I played for a tough guy in college. I played for a tough guy in Pittsburgh. Mike Tomlin is winning football games, but at the same time, Super Bowls are just disappearing, and that’s my criticism. How can you have this great offense, and you being a defensive guy? That football team should have been in another Super Bowl, or two. How could they not be? And to lose at home to Jacksonville? I don’t care how good Jacksonville played New England in the championship game. You lose 45-42 — are you kidding me — in a championship game? Ben and those guys on the offense, they should have won the game 42-17, 42-10. But they didn’t. I go look at the coach and criticize him; I could care less. That’s my opinion.

"I played for a tough sucker, and I was afraid of him. I played my ass off for him because we feared him, and I don’t see that for this guy. He’s chest bumping and all that. I’m heavy corporation here, man. I’m the CEO, I’m the chairman of the board, I’m talking to the stock holders and I’m telling them, ‘Here’s what I’m gonna do at the end of the quarter,’ and I’m selling this thing, and I’m not delivering the goods which is championships, you gotta face the criticism. I’m sorry, but he’s not my kinda coach, but I’ve said it before and I’ve said it again: they win. But look, how could you not win. How could Belichick not win in New England with Brady? He’s going to win. He’s got the people to win."

TB