1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Chris Johnson Was Almost a Steeler

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Blast Furnace, Dec 6, 2022.

1. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Lol thats not the direction that gets me but this freaks me the **** out. Why would you do this??? If thats even real but there are definitely stunts like this that are real.

upload_2022-12-6_20-38-4.gif

• Winner Winner x 1
  2. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

TuRnDoWnForWaTT Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2018
    I'd say it's real. Notice how he makes every effort to land to the inside of the ledge. That why he botched the jump.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Insane.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. METALMAN_68

METALMAN_68 Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2022
    Fear of heights gets worse with age. I used to be able to go up in lifts and crane baskets but that sh!t makes me more and more nervous the older I get. Glad to be a shoppie now.
    Claustrophobia is the real deal too. I get anxiety watching any movie scene with a person trapped in a coffin alive. Luckily I can handle the MRI machines easy enough. And they didn't used to have the open air ones.
    Phobias are legit fo sho.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    I agree, and Mendenhall had all the tools. I believe His main problem was He was a great football player that didn't really like football.....I'm not wording that right.
    He was great at football, but it wasn't His dream....it was more a means to an end, but not a final dream, or yearning. JMO when listening to Him talk about music, and writing a few times. Also.....He was a weirdo. LoL

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Hell I get vertigo every time I played Assassins Creed.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    I remember back in the day welding on a big girder job for a bridge with a lot of camber.....So You would be really High up in the shop, and they were like....why haven't You done that up there yet....LoL....I said ....if I can't jump from there , and live.....I'm not going up there. LoL Case closed.

• Like Like x 2
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  8. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

Jan 1, 2018
    Those were great games. Leap of Faith

• Winner Winner x 1
  9. METALMAN_68

METALMAN_68 Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2022
    No chit!

• Like Like x 1
  10. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    I always turned My head away for the leap of Faith....Hell I wouldn't have done that if climbing back down wasn't so much worse. LoL

11. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Still is. I can’t even elaborate on his latest controversy, totally against board rules but holy **** he is an ahole.

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

Jan 1, 2018
    Man... What did he say? I will have to google it. I am sure it's mind boggling.

13. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    That's more good sense than it is a phobia.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    Ditto to all of this. Fortunately (unfortunately?) I’ve had enough of them so that they’re a non event for me if I ever need one again.

I did come close to ruining an MRI scan laughing once. They asked me about music preference and I had them play a Pink Floyd Pandora station. Well, Pandora I guess plays songs or artists similar to the artist you select, and eventually it started playing Stairway to Heaven by Zep. Anyway, during Stairway one of the loud sequences of the MRI machine started up and it was in time with the song and combined with the speakers to turn it into an industrial version of Stairway. It struck me as funny enough that I really needed to keep control and not ruin the scan by laughing my ass off. Im glad MRIs got casual enough for me to have that be my problem, because for a wider shouldered person they can be super freaky when your shoulders and arms are so tight that you wonder if they’ll be able to slide you back out w/o Crisco.

• Winner Winner x 1
  15. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    I almost hit the record 2 billion dollar Powerball. I was just 5 numbers and the Red Ball off. I will always think of what could have been though.:hmm:

• Hilarious Hilarious x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  16. forgotten1

forgotten1 Well-Known Member

Mar 4, 2022
    Sry I was even closer.
    Still needed 5 and the powerball but as I said I wS closer and as you said I think what could have been.
    Ahhhhhhhhhhh.

17. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

Jan 1, 2018
    I almost hit the other day as well. I was walking past a gas station and almost went in and bought a ticket. Man what could have been.

• Like Like x 1
  18. OX1947

OX1947 Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2017

Ugh! That is so damn depressing.

19. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012

Well if we would have drafted Marsha we would probably have about 12 SB trophies right now. Hindsight is always 20/20. Coulda, Woulda, Shoulda.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. forgotten1

forgotten1 Well-Known Member

Mar 4, 2022
    Dude wave me down
    Hop in.

21. Kreighoff

Kreighoff Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2017
    A little fear of heights is a good thing it prevents most of us from doing stupid risky **** like that video.
    What's really strange is stand with your toes on a crack in the floor tile or where it changes from hardwood to carpet or just a line now lean over see how far you can lean forward.
    Now find a cliff or a ledge and your natural fear of heights kicks in unless you have a death wish you can't even get both feet close to the edge.
    Long time ago as teen my buddy's and I were up to no good when we should of been in class so we are at this small water fall with a 150 ft drop into a big pool of water and we decide to toss a rock down and listen for this loud funky sound it makes at the bottom of this bowl.
    Each of us take a softball sized rock and get as close to the edge as we dare and toss it over, after a few turns I am coming back from the ledge and my one buddy is passing me at a good pace with a rock as wide as his shoulders over his head. It looked like he going right off the edge I couldn't even watch. So he doesn't die and I am WTF MAN and he gives a WHAT ?
    He was not a risk taker or a wild man I just think he was missing that gene or something that makes you not do **** like that.
    There might of been some alcohol or something it was the 70's so I don't remember.

• Like Like x 1
  22. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    You obviously don’t have a clue

23. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    DAB

24. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    I walked out to the bare edge of a wide flange on a high level bridge in a 3 piece suit and black wingtips just to see the view

I climbed head first over the parapet of the standard oil building 1008 feet up to check how the stone on the curtain wall was secured

I don’t do drugs so I have to get my self in to a complete disassociate calm before I can go in an MRI

To each his own

But Dumb Asses not understand this are just dumb asses

I pick large snakes off my tractor seat and ask them to sleep somewhere else

My wife would move if she knew this

• Like Like x 1
  25. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    LoL.
    I do feel sorry for those that have a few of these phobias.
    Just having the one ....it's easy to get around, but I have known people with many, and I wonder how they cope.