1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Chris Cooley?

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by spleeny09, Aug 28, 2012.

1. spleeny09

spleeny09 Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2011
  2. SteelerJJ

SteelerJJ Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Cooley used to be really good but the injuries have slowed him a lot.

3. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Cooley can still catch though....probably better hands than Saunders. Saunders has had an unimpressive camp thus far.

4. freakfontana

freakfontana

Oct 19, 2011
    cooley in his prime was the perfectkind of te we need block catch and can play fb in some situation , now i suppose is not the same player anymore

5. cajunyankee

cajunyankee Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2011
    Chris Cooley...

should we give him a look. I believe he's a better option at TE than Pope.

That would give us two solid vets, Miller and Cooley and a young guy in saunders come week 4. At that point we can move Paulson to the PS.

Cajun-

6. bignasty92

bignasty92 Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Re: Chris Cooley...

I still think he has more left to offer than most are giving him credit for.My wife is a die hard skins fan so i have watched him play alot. He is thinned down, and gotten stronger and in better shape than he has been in years. I still think the skins reasoning to release him was the money he was owed this year, but they will never say that. It would be like having to starters with him and heath on the team. :hmmm:

7. bigsteelerfaninky

bigsteelerfaninky Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    I would take him too...if he is cheap

8. mstng1863

mstng1863 Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011

Living in the Baltimore/ Washington DC area, I have seen this guy play a lot and when healthy I have loved watching him and think he would be extremely valuable to us... If he wasn't hurt so much lately and he WAS really expensive. He is too into the social media for me though.... He is always talking about what he is doing all of the time... I don't want to know that and no I do not tweet, yet, it is reported so much around here.