1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Choose your new OC! (poll)

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by diehardsteel, Jan 22, 2012.

1. Todd Haley

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Tom Clements

30.6%
  3. Brian Billick

23.4%
  4. Hue Jackson

21.6%
  5. Randy Fichtner

18.9%
  6. someone else

5.4%
  1. HugeSnack

HugeSnack Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    Yeah, but he was a head coach. Lots of guys are great OCs and terrible coaches. Todd Haley is the apparent fan favorite, and he was an awful coach with an awful offense. I think what really makes one look twice at Caldwell is that even though as an OC with a thriving offense, Peyton Manning was his quarterback, who not only is the best QB in the game capable of winning 12 games by himself, he basically calls his own plays. Does anyone even know how much Caldwell really did as Manning's OC?

2. diehardsteel

diehardsteel Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    I included the candidates who seemed to be getting the early "love" from our board. I had to draw the line somewhere or else there would have been too many choices, so Caldwell didn't make the cut. Also, the fact he's "Tomlin's guy", as you phrased it, likely will disqualify him in Art II's eyes.

3. 58stillers

58stillers

Nov 14, 2011
    What about PWP? I thought he was sending a resume in.

4. winggin

winggin Well-Blitzed Member

Oct 23, 2011
    I'm in the Hue Jackson camp. I think he did a wonderful job with Jason Campbell the past two years.

5. diehardsteel

Oct 19, 2011
    I included him in "someone else".

6. PWP

PWP Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    TY guys very much....I did send it in ,,but I highly doubt I will have a chance,but I do appreciate the Love.....We all want the best for our Team and I have Faith we will move in the right direction......

If I was the OC we would already be on that path...LOL....At least we are on a non-BA path and that's a huge step in the right direction....

7. hawkisteel

hawkisteel Member

Dec 9, 2011
    Just out of curiosity has anyone thought of Matt Cavanaugh, experienced coach, local ties?

8. mstng1863

mstng1863 Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    I am not sure who I really want. After hearing what Art wants to see, I am wondering if he will name himself the new OC?

Anyway, living here in the Baltimore /Washington region all I keep hearing is that Cam Cameron will be let go. I do not want the Raisins getting someone who we will have wished we had offered the position to first.

I realize that the Rooneys do not go things too quickly generally, but really I hope it is done soon... and correctly!

9. Forged Steel

Forged Steel Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2012
    Any ideas of how long before we name a new OC; days, weeks, a month?

10. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    If they go outside the organization it will have to be soon. Have to become familiar with the staff and players and get ready for the draft.

11. Coastal Steeler

Coastal Steeler

Oct 16, 2011
    I guess if we went outside I would like to get Billick so I can hear ray ray cry when we beat them

12. SteelerSteve

SteelerSteve Well-Known Member

Nov 2, 2011

This probably tells us that he is the right choice! Did you know that when Walt Disney made big decisions about his business he would ask his 10 closest confidants they're opinion and whatever their majority vote was to do, he would do the exact opposite! I think it worked! Welcome your new OC, Randy Fichtner everyone!!! Seriously, they will make the right choice and we will be back in the mix next year! It was time for a change. I have never been super fond of Arians playcalling and those predicatable wide receiver screens were a nightmare at times. I cannot wait unit training camp!

13. diehardsteel

Oct 19, 2011
    S.I. sportswriter Peter King's speculation is on Jim Caldwell. Given their Tampa Bay roots together, I'm sure Tomlin would be fine with it but I'm not sure Art II would feel the same. I could be wrong, but I don't think Tomlin has complete control of this hiring decision.

14. diehardsteel

Oct 19, 2011
    Just to refresh your memory, Todd Haley received the single most votes in our poll (other than someone else). Good job by the 32 board members who chose him! :thumbs_up: