1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Choose your new OC! (poll)

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by diehardsteel, Jan 22, 2012.

1. Todd Haley

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Tom Clements

30.6%
  3. Brian Billick

23.4%
  4. Hue Jackson

21.6%
  5. Randy Fichtner

18.9%
  6. someone else

5.4%
  1. diehardsteel

diehardsteel Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Choose who you would like or who you believe the next OC will be.

2. shaner82

shaner82 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    I want Hue Jackson I think. He'll ensure that we fix our running game.

3. Jack LHambert

Jack LHambert

Oct 18, 2011
    :this!:
    He has a nice balanced attack. That's exactly what we need. Haley is a hot head. Hue just seems to have more positive enthusiasm on the sideline.

4. mdbates2

mdbates2 Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2011
    I put "someone else" because I'm unsure and there was no choice for that. Whoever it is will probably be a surprise to all of us.

5. jhmiller3

jhmiller3 Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    :this!:

6. SteelerJJ

SteelerJJ Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    I picked Fichtner for continuity sake. I just can't see Billick taking on a lesser role like OC.

7. steel1031

steel1031 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    I am excited to see who tomlin gets. I voted someone else because I dont think any on the list are his guys. I would be surprised if the coach has head coaching experience. I think tomlin knows what kind of offense he wants and will find someone to run his system instead of a coach who will install their system. just my opinion

8. ScottChab

ScottChab Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    I'm getting a new OC? I didn't realize I had an old one.

:roflmao:

9. JackAttack 5958

JackAttack 5958 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    HIRE TODD HALEY IMMEDIATELY!!!

10. GB_Steel

GB_Steel Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2011
    Same here. Our offense just needs a small tweak and Fichtner should be capable of providing it.

11. bigsteelerfaninky

bigsteelerfaninky Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    I votes someone else...I want someone who will throw the ball

12. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    How about Mike Martz? He likes the throw the ball.

NOTE- I would utterly puke if it were Martz...

13. KnoxVegasSteel

KnoxVegasSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    Ditto on the puke part. I think Martz is BA's idol. Throwing the ball is cool. So is running when you need to. Many have posted about having a balanced offense. To me that is the key plus not abandoning what is working.

14. HugeSnack

HugeSnack Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    I'd take Martz over BA. I've said this before, but Martz is an expert at executing a passing offense. BA simply doesn't like to run. There's a difference there.

15. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    I disagree about Martz's expertise. Martz had success with a very unique set of players, two of them HOF level players (Faulk & Warner). Other than that, his scheme has been proven to be pretty... defense friendly.

16. HugeSnack

Oct 17, 2011
    I disagree about Martz's expertise. Martz had success with a very unique set of players, two of them HOF level players (Faulk & Warner). Other than that, his scheme has been proven to be pretty... defense friendly.[/quote:11r85b7p]
    And if we were the Jaguars, this wouldn't be an issue. But... Warner, Faulk, Bruce, Holt, Hakim... Ben, Mendy/Redman, Wallace, Brown, Sanders, Miller... He woud know what to do with them.

17. TheWanderer

TheWanderer Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2011
    has anyone here even seen/met fitchner? i have. heard him speak for about thirty minutes. he seems like position coach material to me. i can't envision him as a coordinator.

18. TheWanderer

Oct 20, 2011
    i don't think anyone is going to be offering billick a head coaching opportunity any time soon so, if coaching is his thing, i would think he would jump at the opportunity.

i just don't think clements is an option. he's interviewing for head coaching positions as we speak and, with philbin sleeping with the fish, wouldn't clements just get promoted to oc in green bay if the head coaching offers don't come in?

19. diehardsteel

Oct 19, 2011
    Alright boys and girls we're winding down the polling and Todd Haley is tied with, basically our "none of the above" choice. I'm sending this poll off to Mr. Rooney so would anybody who hasn't voted yet like to break the tie?

20. edog55

edog55 Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    I'm voting for Mark Whipple!!

21. GB_Steel

GB_Steel Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2011
    Haven't seen or met any NFL coach, let alone any on this list. We had a position coach as an OC for the past 5 years and did OK. Maybe a different position coach can build upon what BA accomplished while fine-tuning the thing BA couldn't or wouldn't do so well. If it's not Fichtner, I think Jackson would "get" our scheme/personnel the most and have the most success.

22. diehardsteel

Oct 19, 2011
    Todd Haley just took the lead in our poll. Think I'll print this up and mail to Art II first thing tomorrow morning. Please vote for your choice if you haven't already!
    :flag:

23. SteelTerp

SteelTerp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Why no Jim Caldwell option? He's a tomlin guy and is one of the front runners for the job. I'd much prefer jackson or Haley personally.

24. HugeSnack

Oct 17, 2011
    Hmm, the current favorite to actually receive the position, Fichtner, is currently dead last with 6 votes. Just an observation.

25. TheWanderer

Oct 20, 2011
    well, fair or not, he didn't really make chicken soup out of his personnel in indy this past season . . .

i doubt his team's lack of offensive production, coupled with his termination, catapulted him to the top of anyone's short-list.