1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Chief Fan Here

Discussion in 'Football Talk With Other Fans' started by chief fan 23, Jan 9, 2017.

1. chief fan 23

chief fan 23 New Member

Jan 9, 2017
    Hello all,

I am a lifelong Chiefs fan and came here into enemy territory to converse about the game this Sunday against your Steelers, To maybe learn a little more about what to expect and to get a little inside info I maybe don't know and to give a little insight as well. Not here to talk much smack but just to have a little fun and conversate about the game and matchups.

First off I would rather have it no other way but to face the best and I respect the heck out of the steelers and mike tomlin. I Hope big ben is 100% and ready to roll. Steelers offense is a juggernaut with two huge studs in brown and bell and Big ben is well..Big ben. I do however think we can match up well in the secondary with Peters, Berry, and co. And If Houston is healthy the combination of him hali and ford will be able to put major pressure on big ben. our achilles heel has been rushing D. especially since derrick johnson went down. That is what concerns me the most. But with Extra time to prepare A reid has been stellar in putting game plans together.

I must say the first game was a perfect storm. Steelers came of an embarrassing loss to eagles. Then next week in a prime time nationally televised game was looking to redeem themselves and flat out beat the breaks of the chiefs. No excuse there. I do however think this game will be night and day. Just like the steelers were looking to get revenge on dolphins the chiefs are looking to do the same.

Lastly I see alot of comments on here saying they don't think the chiefs can keep up due to lack of play makers. That couldn't be further from the truth. I will give you Two names. Tyreke Hill and Travis Kelce. Which are huge mistmatches Also Jeremy Maclin is rounding into form the last few weeks after coming back from injury. And dont sleep on our RB Spencer ware. He is not flashy but runs hard. Its up to alex smith to take more risks downfield and I think he will.

I think this matchup will come down to protecting the ball especially if the elements don't cooperate. And As you all know the chiefs thrive and feast on turning the ball over.

Sorry for grammer and punctuation. I Didnt have time to correct everything lol. I wrote this in like 2 minutes.

2. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    Welcome. I am expecting a tight game right to the wire. I feel good about the game, but not nearly the degree of confidence that I felt yesterday. I KNEW we would beat Miami by double digits. I doubt we'll see anything like that in KC.

My big concern with KC is Hill. We have been a bit challenged covering kicks and punts lately, and he could make us pay for a coverage breakdown. I also think KC is very effective in the outside screen game. We tend to be solid defending those plays, but Hill's speed leaves little margin for error.

One thing thats easy to overlook in the Steelers is their receiving crew besides AB. Eli Rogers is the real deal as a slot guy, and The rookie DeMarcus Ayers has flashed since being called up from the practice squad a few weeks back. If we get Ladarius Green back from concussion protocol, he gives another vertical threat. Ben LOVES throwing to AB, but the difference in many close games this season has been the other guys making plays at key times. If Ben really takes that to heart and spreads the ball around, we could do some serious damage in the passing game.

3. steelcurtainmrp

steelcurtainmrp Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2016
    chiefs run defense is so sloppy. Le'Veon will cause them so much trouble. That'll open up the passing game even more. If we keep our special teams in tact and contain hill we should be fine.

4. NY STEELERFAN

NY STEELERFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    Welcome, it's always nice to talk with other fans and it not turn into a slamfest. I never go to other teams sites so you coming here is pretty cool. I think there are a few things the Steelers need to keep in check and none bigger than Hill. This kid is fast and can pose a problem on offense and on special teams. Speaking of special teams that is becoming one of our weaknesses. Another obvious match up problem is Kelce, he is a pretty damn good players and I hope we handle him with a safety. The 3rd part of this is one that a lot don't talk about and has me worried the most. I can see us shutting down Hill and Kelce only to watch Smith tuck it down and run to move the chains. Most don't think of Smith as a running QB but he will and I can see 3rd and 8 and him run 15 yards.

It is going to be a good game and I can't wait. Thanks for taking the time to chat with us, win or lose I am rooting for the winner of this game to win the super bowl..........I would rather win! :cool: