1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Chickillo & Watt

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by francobettis, Sep 12, 2017.

1. SGSteeler

SGSteeler Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2013
    Littering and???
    Littering and???
    Littering and....

Smoking the reefer

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  2. LoneGranger

LoneGranger Well-Known Member

May 5, 2016
    Stud? Dud!

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  3. STEELWARRIOR

STEELWARRIOR Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    That's "High Wattage":emperor::herewego!:

• Like Like x 1
  4. NY STEELERFAN

NY STEELERFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    Wow......if you want to say Shazier is not as good as Farrior I will not dispute that but there is no way in heck Foote is even close to Shazier. When healthy Shazier will give Farrior a run for his money and imo over time probably end up with a better career, but he has to stay healthy.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    I disagree as far and the Jones comparison, never has Jones had a couple of good games in a row. Dupree has to stay healthy but he has talent, not sure Jones ever had talent past the college level......

6. TheSteelHurtin2188

TheSteelHurtin2188 Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2011
    Wow do you even watch the games? Each have 8 starts over their career and Chickillo has played in more games than bud yet Dupree has 4 more sacks than him and more tackles. Hmmmmmm

Last edited: Sep 14, 2017
  7. TheSteelHurtin2188

Nov 30, 2011
    here's the bottom line. Tomlin has proven he is going to put the best players on the field. Dupree is the starter. If Chickillo were better he would be the starter.

8. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    Exactly.

Foote stayed healthy and started for 2 Super Bowl champion teams. Yes, Foote is not the overall athlete that Shazier is, but what the hell good is extraordinary athleticism if Shazier isn't on the field?

I hope Shazier doesn't end up like Patrick Willis... great talent, but burned himself out too quickly.

9. steelcurtainmrp

steelcurtainmrp Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2016
    Dud? No way! If you're trying to think of a dud OLB, Jarvis should come to mind.

10. LoneGranger

May 5, 2016
    Hmmmmm, Chick has improved considerably. Rugged, he is. Bud has not. Fragile, he is! Right now Chick is the man.

11. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    This is a fun thread. Opinions ranging from Bud is a dud/bust to Bud is a phenom. I think the current reality lies in between those views. While it's undeniable that Bud's raw ability is off the charts, we have yet to see it play out on the field over an extended period of time. Until he develops a track record of dominance, there's no way to call him a special player. Special talent, yes. Special player, no... not yet.

I think he will be special. There have been signs, both last season and in his limited time this preseason. However until he puts it all together for an extended period of time, nobody truly knows for sure whether he is a stud or a dud. My money is on stud, but he needs to prove it between the stripes.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. TheSteelHurtin2188

Nov 30, 2011
    So because one guy holds up better he should start over a guy that is clearly better than him. Even with Chickillo progression he is not on Duprees level.

13. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Gimpy ankle he has. Missed playoff games he did. Ironman he is not.

• Like Like x 1
  14. LoneGranger

May 5, 2016
    Dupee's level is usually horizontal on the sideline.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  15. TheSteelHurtin2188

Nov 30, 2011
    So once again a player should start because there's less risk of injury? Hargrave got banged up last year McCullers didn't. McCullers should clearly be the starter.

16. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    They take two different paths toward the same goal as others have mentioned. One with athleticism and one with heart. From their respective starting points, I think Chickillo has improved more over his time here. But Bud missed a lot of time with the hernia last year and also the start of this season. It's really a great problem to have and more of a debate when the season is over and you can look at their 3rd year in entirety. As for this season, Bud will start when he returns healthy and that is how it should be. The team invested more in him through draft capitol etc. Some may not like that, but that is how the NFL works. I don't believe Tomlin is one to give someone's starting job away due to injury.
    4 beasts at OLB and the 5th a system vet...I'm not complaining. This will be a better debate next offseason. Chickillo should high on their priority list to re-sign though when his contract is up. This has got to be JH92's last year and I'm sure Moats doesn't have much left. Chick would be the top back up at both ROLB and LOLB. The only way they are benching Bud is if he performs like Jarvis and that is far-fetched.

17. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    I'm not ready to say which he isclearly better at this point they both have a ways to go,but it's als a good problem to have....I think some people are unaware of Chickillos athleticism,he was very highly recruited and regarded. He was asked to play out of position in college and is now finally dropping the weight and regaining his athleticism and feel for the position. I think we are in good hands with either one but it's great to have the depth with both playing at a high level and to their potential....

18. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    I am not sure there is anything anyone can do about these guys staying healthy. Yeah they can train better and get more treatment I suppose but at the end of the day you just can't predict injuries. With that said Foote's career was nothing special, imo. The 2 Championships you mention have nothing to do with having some pretty good talent around him like say..Troy, Ike, Woodley, Farrior, Clark, Big Snack, Deisel and Smith. Where I am going with that is while Foote was just a part he wasn't even asked to be a top 5 player on his side of the ball. However we are talking about Bud and Shazier being one of if not the best player on his side of the ball.

Not trying to take anything away from Foote but I am just pointing out where his role was compared to Shazier and Bud. In 2 championship runs which was 7 games Foote had 8 tackles 1 int and 1/2 a sack, they are numbers both Bus and Shazier put up in one game.

I agree with the Willis statement and hope these guys don't take the route cause if they stay healthy imo they are going to be fun to watch.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Potential is huge for both Chick and Bud, having them reach that potential
    is also huge since they both seem to be injury prone. Don't like players missing games.
    Strike one with me. Until either of them can consistently play MAJOR minutes without missing time
    and show me production then really there is no need for me to talk anymore about them.
    I see this a lot with Mike Tomlin player's. Does anybody beside's AB want to be great?

20. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    Your view on injuries is biased because you're only thinking of Steelers. The greatest TE of the last 10-20 years has missed significant time due to injury, but has had huge postseasons when healthy to help his team win championships. The best slot receiver in the league missed significant time a couple of years ago, and is now gone for the rest of 2017 (but was a key cog in winning a SB last year). The best defensive player of our generation missed most of last season with an injury. Injuries are part of the game, and most of them aren't the result of someone being "injury prone", but are the result of something happening on the field that would likely injure anyone subject to the same situation (such as the twisting tackle by Burfict that tore Bell's MCL, or the low tackle by a Browns defender a fews ago the tore Gronk's ACL, or the hit that Ben took in St Louis a few years ago that initially looked like it had ended his season).

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  21. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    So it's Tomlin's fault if a player gets injured :facepalm:?

• Like Like x 1
  22. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

Of course it is! Who else silly? :lolol:

23. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

I feel bad for you my man. :applaud:

Same statements every single time yet more of the same. :lolol:

You know they say insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result?

24. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    You are correct, I am only thinking about the Steelers, because that is the only team I care about.

25. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    chicka boom. watta hit. :cool: