1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Chickillo & Watt

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by francobettis, Sep 12, 2017.

1. NY STEELERFAN

NY STEELERFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    Just asking not poking but what is your feeling right now on Shazier? So many going into last year were saying the same thing about him as some are saying about Dupree. I love the fact that now we have 3-4 olb that can start.

2. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    Shazier is overrated... not as good as Farrior and Foote back in the day at ILB. Of course.. none of our defenders, at any position, were as good as the '05 and '08 squads. We are spoiled.

3. SteelCity_NB

SteelCity_NB Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 23, 2011
    Shazier isn't as good as Larry Foote?

Cmon man.

Larry Foote is the textbook definition of mediocre.

As much as I liked Farrior, I'll take Shazier any day and every day.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  4. Steelers304

Steelers304 Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2015
    said it before i'll say it again. Dupree is a injury prone bust that doesn't produce what a first round pick should. Sure he's athletic , and had a decent string of games one time. Just don't see him developing any further, especially with the injuries every 2 weeks. Dupree is a faster Jarvis.

5. Steelers304

Steelers304 Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2015
    Shazier can ball and makes plays , he looks like a missile out there. No way shape or form is Shazier a bust

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    I didn't say he was a bust... just saying he's not as good as Farrior or productive as Foote.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  7. Blitz

Blitz Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2016
    I am very happy that Bud being injured did not hurt us. Chickillo has so far made a case for himself to stay in the LB room.

Never sleep on the ageless Harrison either. If Watt continues to make strides, we may not need to go OLB in the first next year.

We may not need to go CB either. Who knows what will be this team's glaring weakness end of the season.

8. Iowasteeljim

Iowasteeljim

Oct 26, 2011
    Wow, I can't believe how quickly our players get labeled on here. To each his own I guess, but comparing Bud to Jarvis is mind boggling (and numbing at the same time). They aren't even built the same, and they definitely don't play the same. Jarvis was built to be decent, and he didn't reach that potential. Bud is a freak, and I'm not sure we as fans have seen the potential ceiling he has. If you want to compare him to someone coming into the NFL, I think Timmons would be a better comparison. Either way, Bud is no Jarvis!

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  9. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

You are telling me. :lolol:

Comparing Bud Dupree to Jarvis Jones is the equivalent of comparing Stephon Tuitt to LT Walton. The difference is truly night and day.

Bud is a physical freak who has put it all together. Misfortune is currently why he was not seen last Sunday. Should he practice fully this week and play Sunday, expect those criticisms to fade away.

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. troybellringer55

troybellringer55 Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    Man I'm kinda of surprised to see all the Dupree hate. I guess fans need a new whipping boy since Jarvis is now gone.

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. AskQuestionsLater

Apr 21, 2016
    Dupree was limited today but here is something quite concerning for sure.

If that is the case then Anthony Chickillo will have more time to showcase his maximum potential.

12. Rush2seven

Rush2seven Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    ESPN reported Dupree wants to play this week.

13. TheSteelHurtin2188

TheSteelHurtin2188 Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2011
    If he would have been healthy all year last year he would have finished with around 12 sacks. Thats first round talent. The only question when it comes to Dupree is health. When he is on the field he is absolutely a playmaker.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. AskQuestionsLater

Apr 21, 2016

If that shoulder is not medically cleared, to heck with his desire to play. Health is critical here. Acting recklessly is what cost Dupree a majority of his 2016 campaign. He cannot allow that to happen again.

Getting back to 100% should be his top priority.

15. Busman

Busman

Oct 18, 2011

My vote is for conditioning coach :) Kinda only half kidding.

• Like Like x 1
  16. AskQuestionsLater

Apr 21, 2016

Yep.

Bud Dupree is now in the same boat with Ryan Shazier among the general consenus of fans.

Quite disappointing if you ask me.

17. Busman

Busman

Oct 18, 2011

We sure do ... Well rounded bunch. Now if we could fix the secondary. Looks better so far but it's early. Joe did not have a great game against the browns but it might have more to do with how they are using him then skill set. Expecting big things from him.

18. francobettis

francobettis Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    I really want Dupree to be the man at OLB (I thought he was going to be the next Lawrence Taylor when Dupree was drafted). But I'm starting to feel like he's going to be another Lavar Arrington. A super athlete, but never became the dominate player people thought. Chickillo is starting to remind me more of Mike Vrabel type of OLB. Very smart and student of the game. But I'm still hoping Dupree does become the next LT.

19. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Id rate Foote better than mediocre but hes not close to Shaziers talent. Thats laughable.

So is comparing Chick to Bud. Chick has had to deal with injuries too. Fans impatience with injuries or I should say selective impatience is ridiculous.

Chick and Foote = heart, hard work and determination. Bud and Shazier = athletically gifted.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    He is better and more productive than Foote.

• Agree Agree x 1
  21. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    They aren't going outside linebacker in the first round next year. Watt, Dupree and Chickillo can be the players they are right now and the team wouldn't be taking an outside linebacker in the first round next year.

Somebody compared Dupree to Jarvis Jones, which is ridiculous. Dupree is already a much better player.

• Agree Agree x 1
  22. SteelCity_NB

SteelCity_NB Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 23, 2011
    The Bud vs Chick debate is a bit silly. Neither has enough of a sample size to make an accurate assessment.

The probability is with Bud. Outstanding athleticism. I think Chick is showing he has alot of skills too.

Let's just not make this a debate about a 1st round pick vs a 6th round pick though. I'm sure at some point alot of people thought it was silly to say AB was better than Mike Wallace.

23. JackAttack 5958

JackAttack 5958 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Shazier is a ton better than Foote. Shazier or Farrior? Wow. I'll have to sleep on that one. I loved Farrior and feel that he was a much more technically sound player with a high football IQ. Shazier has him in the freakishly athletic department though.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  24. Ender

Ender

Apr 5, 2014
    I think there is no doubt that Bud has the potential to be better than Chick, but right now? I don't see much of a difference. They both have an explosive first step, and neither has really developed any pass rush moves besides the bull rush. The biggest difference I can see is availability.

• Agree Agree x 1
  25. LoneGranger

LoneGranger Well-Known Member

May 5, 2016
    Seriously! Chickillo is the man. Depree should be his backup. Chick's motor is always at high revs, red line high! Bud is a dud!