1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Chickillo cost us the game! Harrison???

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Steelcurtain710, Sep 24, 2017.

1. Steelcurtain710

Steelcurtain710 New Member

Sep 24, 2017
    The right side of the ball got killed all day long. There is no way D.C. could not see what was going on with #56. Who cannot see #92 needs to be in the game! 40 years of being a Steelers fan (since age 4)...and I will not watch another game if chickillo remains!

2. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    He only started because Watt was injured, Harrison isn't going to play many snaps anymore.

3. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    not sure what is going on with Deebo and yes I agree, the only reason they ran that much was because of chick's side. They could make a Netflix show called "the curious case of James Harrison" lol.

also our defense is still legit, it got gassed in the end. It can only do so much for our pathetic offense.

2nd in yards
    3rd in points
    2nd in pass yards
    22nd in rush

tied 2nd with 3 others with 11 sacks

4. BuckeyeBucco

BuckeyeBucco Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    I agree. The offense and special teams (muffed punt, blocked field goal) cost us the game yesterday.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    Yeah, but the defense looked really awful vs. the run against some pedestrian Bears RBs. That was not Terrell Davis, Barry Sanders, Adrian Peterson or Ladanian Tomlinson running the ball yesterday.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012

Howard is a legit rb, hardly pedestrian. Until the very end we had held them to 115 yards rushing and 40 something yards passing. Offense and special teams let us down. The defense held an nfl team to 17 points. An offense with a 20 million dollar qb, 14 million dollar rb, and AB should win that every single time.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. BuckeyeBucco

BuckeyeBucco Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    Jordan Howard was second in the league in total rushing last year on a bad team. That is hardly pedestrian. And I don't think anyone doubts the explosiveness Cohen brings to the table. The radio broadcast team was just talking about how dangerous he is right before he nearly scored (just barely stepping out of bounds) in overtime. Give the Bears some credit, and lay the blame for the loss where it belongs. The offense and special teams lost this game and kept our defense on the field far longer than they should have been.

8. sjromano

sjromano Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2011
    Agreed - offense was flat, lethargic and sloppy the entire day. Bears gave the Steelers every opportunity to win this game and they just didn't appear to want it enough.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. 69-2now

69-2now Well-Known Member

Aug 28, 2017
    I bet the Chiefs are licking their chops after yesterdays performance.

10. MadtownDruankard

MadtownDruankard Well-Known Member

Aug 31, 2015
    The situation with Harrison is a joke. Tomlin's issue has always been his unwillingness to adjust to the situation. Chickilo was getting whooped all game and Harrison sat. There's no defense for that unless James is hurt. His other issue of getting the team prepaired for bad teams imo is a result of ego and not being a details guy. Sloppy play and ultra conservative game plans against bad teams has been the theme in everyone of those embarrassing losses. Tomlin is either unwilling or unable to change plans.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. troybellringer55

troybellringer55 Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    3 guys being out yesterday did the Steelers no favors.

TJ Watt, Tuitt on defense.

Marcus Gilbert being out of offense.

• Agree Agree x 3
  12. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Kareem Hunt :fright:

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. CanadianSteel

CanadianSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Slo-mo of hold on Haden? <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Steelers?src=hash">#Steelers</a> <a href="https://t.co/7psDilE3u3">pic.twitter.com/7psDilE3u3</a></p>&mdash; Steelers Depot (@Steelersdepot) <a href="">September 25, 2017</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

• Like Like x 1
  14. Diamond

Diamond Well-Known Member

May 26, 2012
    Not any one player cost us this game, they were all sloppy and not focused on football, they let a sub par team beat them and a sub par team that will be lucky to win 6 games this year....

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. pellynch14

pellynch14 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2011
    Chickillo did not cost us the game, the muffed punt cost us the game

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. bigbenhotness

Nov 1, 2014
    Well last year we made lame qbs look like HOF, maybe we do it to running backs this year lol

17. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    I hope the Bears game was an anomaly, and the run D improves. Ravens will copy what Bears did this week, since Flacco is in a slump.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. BK99

BK99 Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2011
    The bears have a banged up o-line and Howard had a total of 59 yards in 2 games and almost had triple that against the Steelers. Chickillo was getting pushed out of the way as was Alualu, in fact if he could get off his block he forces the play back inside or makes the tackle. Where were the safeties? I'd love to see Davis on IR and then released next season, Golden isn't good either but better than Davis, time for some better player evaluation.

• Agree Agree x 3
  19. bigbenhotness

Nov 1, 2014
    We don’t have safeties lol

20. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Wicox ;)

• Like Like x 1
  21. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Howard was the second leading rusher in the league in 2016, he's no scrub.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  22. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    We lost in all 3 phases of the game. Football is 90% from the neck up,
    if your not mentally prepared to play the game your in trouble.

23. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    The lackluster Offense lost that game...

24. coldrolled

coldrolled Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2014
    Was there a ref named Chickillo... That ref missed holding calls on the left and right side. Some of the holds were basically tackles..

25. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    At this time I have only watched the game once, and haven't watched the coaches film. However, my initial impression was that Chick frequently fulfilled his contain responsibility and it was his teammates who were not in position to handle the runner being funneled off tackle. He wasn't perfect, but I'm wondering if there's a bit of misperception about what he was trying to do when it looked like he was being taken out of some plays when the runner cut inside of where he was being blocked.

When I spend time with coaches film, I may have a change of perception, but that was my first impression.