1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Cheatriots Game

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by TerribleTowelFlying, Oct 16, 2011.

1. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    Am I the only who thought the Cryboys were actually going to squeak out a win? Gotta hand it Brady, he executed a damn fine last minute drive to win, but I sure hate seeing him win.

2. BurgherBoy7

BurgherBoy7 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    I thought they were going to pull it off too, but the golden boy came back...seems like the cowboys defense laid an egg in those final 2 minutes.

3. passhappy

passhappy New Member

Oct 16, 2011
    the cowboys just needed 1 more first down :x

4. Rush2seven

Rush2seven Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    I've tried to pass off the Patriot's success because of being the NFL's favorite team or because they cheat, etc, etc. The truth is, they can run the ball when they want to. They give their QB time to throw the ball. And, (this hurts to say it) their QB is one of the greatest of all time. Certainly, the string of home wins in impressive. Then again, so is Ben's tenure, except for a string of games in the 2006 and 2009 seasons. But more impressive, was his ability to drive down the field as time was expiring and make full use of the time they had. I thought for sure when they called the time out with 27 seconds left that they made a mistake. What if Brady was sacked? What if he made a completion in bounds? They may not have had the time to get the field goal unit on the field. Instead, the fieldgoal was rendered moot when Brady make an excellent throw for the score. Most teams, once in field goal range, would not have kept throwing the ball. And if I am correct, at no point during that drive, did the Patriots go empty set.

At 3rd and 2, with a first down allowing the Steelers to run out the clock, instead they lined up with an empty set. Run the ball, power your way to a win. If not, let the clock run down. Or, have a quick pass play on a 3-5 yard route so that the oline doesn't need to hold their blocks long enough for a 15 yard route to develop.

5. SteelersGirl25

SteelersGirl25 Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2011
    :lol:

6. mstng1863

mstng1863 Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    A little bit off the original thread... Am I wrong, but doesn't it always seem that the Pansies always have their bye-week to extra prepare for us?

7. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    It does seem that way! But, I'm sure it's a coincidence.

8. rutan74

rutan74 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Hey, I lived in Mass for 28 years! I know the mentality.

It is the old drive for show, putt for dough. The Pat's ring up massive stats during the regular season only to fall flat in the playoffs, at least over the last couple of years. Why? Simple, playoff football is a lot different than regular season. Defense's are way more tuned in.

But given that, the Pat's still have a great offense. Brady wastes no time getting rid of the ball so you must confuse him. A team must try to slow him down. Personally, I'd throw everything at him, every play. If he beats you, he deserves it. But you will get to him sooner or later and history shows he does get rattled when he gets a few sacks. Until that last drive, he looked pretty ordinary.

If it weren't for the Cowboys ineptitude on offense by not being able to get one first down there, against the worst offense in the league I might add, Marsha would not have seen the ball on that last drive. But in true Cowboy form over the last 4-5 years, they imploded at a critical point of the game.

Now, I don't hold out much hope for this current edition of the Steelers beating the Pat's in two weeks, but there are some glimmers of light. The Pat's do not play that lights out on the road and secondly, they will be playing on grass, not a pool table. We could hope for rain.

I'm really not scared of the Pat's run game since it only exists as an afterthought. It is, or should be pretty easy to gain yardage when you are playing 7 defensive backs as many teams have done against them. So, their rushing game is masked behind the passing attack.

Another plus would be if the Steeler's get wiped by the Pat's, that should make them more hungry to play lights out against the Ravens the following week.

rutan

9. harristotle

harristotle Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    I hate seeing the patriots wins! It really all comes down to their offensive line. Brady is nowhere near as good when he has pressure applied to him. And why did the cowboys not let Romo do his job and close out the game... the lack of trust in Romo cost them that football game.

10. Jim90

Jim90 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    if DeMarcus Ware didn't injure his back it would've been a different game, they were getting to the pretty boy ( at least he cut his hair)

11. SpeedyMikeWallace

SpeedyMikeWallace Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
  12. bettissb40

bettissb40 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Heck with the Cowboys. We need to worry about ourselves out their when we play the Pats. If we play them the way we played our last game, they will eat us alive on our own field. 17-3 and we let the Jacks back in the game and almost lost it. Playing down to the opponents level again.

13. ScottChab

ScottChab Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    There was no doubt in my mind that the Pats would beat the Cowgirls. I actually though it was going to be a slaughter.

14. bigplaywillygay

bigplaywillygay Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    The Cardinals and Pats each had/have 2 weeks to prepare for the Steelers. Steelers don't play the cards well on the west coast and the steelers are like 1-10 vs the Pats recently. Then we play the Ravens on SNF, 3 tough weeks imo

15. SteelerJJ

SteelerJJ Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    That loss is on Jason Garrett. He got too conservative late and you simply cannot give Brady that many chances.

16. SteelerD

SteelerD Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2011
    Brady is a great quarterback. However, he does not walk on water and if he can be forced to make a mistake or if he has to get up off his a** a couple of times early in the game he has a habit of completely falling apart. The problem is that it is very difficult to force that mistake. The only way to pressure him is through good coverage. If you leave someone open he will find them quick. We are going to need some pressure from the front three + Woodley. Harrison is also a huge factor, not only for his own skills but if he is back Timmons will move back to his MLB position. The Steelers are going to need his pass coverage ability. Foote and Farrior will get lit up in the middle against Brady. Don't be scared of the Patriots. They can be beaten. Everyone they have faced in the playoffs since 2007 has managed it.

17. Steel Buckeye

Steel Buckeye Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2011
    I thought dallas had a great chance to win and that reason was simple: Rob Ryan. If he could beat the pats with an average browns defense last year, he could do it with a better cowboys defense. And if not for dallas not being able to pick up a first down on offense, they wouldve won. Rob Ryan always seems to keep that high powered pats offense in check. Its a shame we cant figure that out