1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Cheap stitched jerseys from China?

Discussion in 'Other Sports Talk' started by IAmTheWalrus, May 5, 2015.

1. IAmTheWalrus

IAmTheWalrus Active Member

Apr 23, 2015
    I recently heard about and looked at the stitched jerseys from China. They sell for 20-30 bucks a pop. I have read very mixed reviews on them though. Many say they charge your card even after you already paid. I also heard some are super low quality. I heard from others thought the quality is not bad at all and other than having to wait 4 weeks they had no issues. Anyone have any experience. I am all against Chinese stealing our jobs and revenue but a guy like me who has 2 adoptive kids and not a huge budget for extra stuff a $25 stitched jersey is very hard to pass up.

2. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012
    I bought a woodley jersy for my self, ,when he was a rookie , and a A peterson jersy for my son a few years back from China, ,and i thought they where both well made, i coudnt tell the diff from the ones you buy in sporting good stores, and it only took rougjhly 2 weeks to recieve them in the mail... Iam going to order another this year, but cant decide what player i want,, I'll prob go with a woodson throwback jersy if they have them there

3. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    We have a guy at work that we go through he charges like five dollars extra for each jersey which is about right since he is assuming all the risk and the normal order is some where around 25-45 jerseys. That is my suggestion to you get a group together that way it is a bigger order and will get here sooner(average wait for us was 2 weeks) also less problems with customs.

Now as to quality you can't beat it for the price 25 bucks for what would be a 299 dollar jersey if you went through the NFL's store. I bought a Jordan Staal Penguins jersey that had the 2009 SC playoffs patch, the 200th anniverady of Pittsburgh patch and the pants snap in the back. The Greg Lloyd jersey I got was excellent except for smelling musty, took 5+ washes to diminish the smell. Hines Ward, Bettis, and Miller all great, my Merril Hoge jersey was spelled correctly when I placed the order but they added a "D" to it when it shipped so it said Hodge but my mom who is an awesome woman was able to remove the D and put the name plate back and it looks presentable and for 25 bucks I'll take it. Other people at work have had the name plate done up side down, or the name mispelled but again under 25 you can find a shop to fix it and still come out ahead. So it is a risk but high reward as well. I'm hoping to get an Aaron Smith one this year possibly a Keisel as well. Given the price gouging by the league I don't feel bad about it at all since i still paid 150 for my Lambert replica back in the day.

Hope this helps

4. Supersteeler

Supersteeler Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2015
    I may or may not have 10 of them in my closet and they may or may not all be perfect quality and couldn't be differentiated from a $300 NFL jersey.