1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Charlie Batch Sums it Up Nicely

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Steelsax, Nov 30, 2014.

1. Steelsax

Steelsax Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2011
    When the team plays good and has success it's because of the PLAYERS
    When the team plays poorly it's because of the COACHING

Steelers could win the SB and still a lot of you would be hating on Tomlin. Ben had a bad game today, is that really Tomlin's fault!?

2. shaner82

shaner82 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    HOw many bad games do our players need to have before you blame the coaching staff? What's telling to me is that no matter how much talent the Patriots lose, they are true Super Bowl contenders every single year. They constantly trade and cut players that seem important to their success, yet it doesn't even slow them down. Their players always seem to play at the top of their game, and when they don't, they quickly find themselves on the bench.

That's simply not the case with us. It's unacceptable that we have perhaps the best WR and RB combo in the league, yet we have trouble scoring points. That's beyond unacceptable.

3. steel1031

steel1031 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    they cheat!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4. 12to88

12to88 Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2011

Here is the answer.

This is a talented football team, especially on offense. When they win, it's because the talent has overcome the coaching.

Mike Tomlin is the biggest joke of a head coach in the NFL. How much so? Gee whiz, Michael Vick was just benched in favor of Geno Smith, the same Michael Vick that lit up Tomlin's team a few weeks ago.

I guarantee that most of the NFL HCs could take thie Steelers +2 weeks against a team coming off a short week, on the road, and beat them.

Not the screw-up we have at HC.

I will NOT rest until Tomlin is fired. period.

5. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012

Yeah it's Tomlin's fault that a $100,000,000 quarterback threw 2 interceptions and should have had 4 or 5 more. In addition to that garbage he also missed wide open receivers repeatedly!n Enjoy your sleep depravation!

6. freakfontana

freakfontana

Oct 19, 2011
    tomlin has no leadership even as a cheerleader ben is running the team in complete anarchy , he doesn't know hoe evaluate any defensive player .. this team is a mess from the head to the bottom .. every game you don't know in what mood they show up ...

7. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012
    :this!: and im afraid we are not gona get much rest...

8. jaygorius

jaygorius Well-Known Member

Nov 6, 2011
    Couldn't have said it better. Anyone who has watched most of the games the last three seasons knows something with the team just doesn't feel right. Yes, the players are to blame as well but Tomlin hasn't been great. Tomlin is not a bad coach, maybe the reality is that he is only a .500 coach who had a good run while his message was still fresh and not falling on deaf ears. He has shown again and again that he doesn't not have what it takes to right the ship when things go bad. That's ok, not everyone is chuck Noll or Vince Lombardi but we should strive for better, shouldn't we?

9. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012

So far every game this year they came out flat,( not including the Browns game at the first of the year) is flat a mood:shrug:

10. Homestead____Works

Homestead____Works Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Ben had his worst game of the year.
    The coaching doesn't fit, what could be an explosive offense.
    Ya, call a time-out 1 minute into the 2nd half, while losing. Mr. time-out, clock manager, though that wasn't such a big deal... , this time.
    Offense could be great, defense not great, but, not bad in today's NFL.

1 - 10 scale
    players over-all - at least a 7
    coaches - no better than a 4

11. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    This seems pretty obvious to me. I'm always on Bens side but he had a bad day. And I knew Brees would carve up this secondary.

12. shaner82

Oct 16, 2011
    But Brees wasn't carving our secondary early on. In fact, we were stopping them. They only started putting up points when Ben started giving them the ball. That's on Ben of course and not Tomlin, but why do our players have so many bad games under Tomlin? Great coaches know how to get the best out of their players. They seem to be always able to get their players to play to the best of their abilities. That's not the case with Tomlin. Look at how many of our high draft picks haven't panned out under Tomlin. The guy can't coach his players up.

13. Jammasterc

Jammasterc Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Saints receivers had a few drops in first Quarter.
    One was a wide open TE right up the middle that would have been a TD.

14. freakfontana

freakfontana

Oct 19, 2011
    yes is his fault , i saw the lockeroom after the win in tenneseee and he was greet all players like they had won a superbowl while instead they had a subpar performance .. he should have beat them with the wood .. :beathorse: . the players dosn't feel any power leadership from the head coach ...and they come out always flat

15. Aerosteel

Aerosteel Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Don't argue - Shaner blames Ben for everything, including the bad defense.

16. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Because of the success we have had, I have had some blind faith in our head coaches. I have season tickets. I do not see the leadership from the sidelines during the games that we had in the past 30 years.

17. shaner82

Oct 16, 2011
    How do you not blame Ben for this loss?

18. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    And some give Ben credit for everything. It averages out.

19. BigSteel

BigSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2011
    I'm only stating this from what I hear from most of the Tomlin haters but Ben is the biggest reason we lost this game, Ben is Cowhers player... Our number 1 corner and safety(Taylor & Troy) is Cowhers player and everybody know there is no talent in the rest of the secondary so why do we blame Tomlin after every loss loss?

20. Aerosteel

Oct 19, 2011
    How about the defense allowing 4 touchdown drives of 79, 80, 89 and 80 yards?

21. freakfontana

freakfontana

Oct 19, 2011
    is so evident i can 't understand people cannot see it

22. Rush2seven

Rush2seven Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    It's a shared responsibility. Ben and the defense played poorly. The coaches coached poorly. At least, we are blaming our coaches and players. The Raven's fans are blaming the refs.

23. Aerosteel

Oct 19, 2011
    :this!:

24. Rambro

Rambro Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011

25. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    They're right.............this time.