1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Changes where do we start - list agree or disagree

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by edog55, Jan 8, 2012.

1. edog55

edog55 Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    End of an Era meaning some players will not be around any more. They need to do it right now. Changes need to be made this off season starting with this list:

Agree or Disagree

Ward - Bring on as wr coach
    Hampton - time is up, need a replacement, got to get him in the draft
    Aaron Smith - old and to injury prone, need to bring on as assistant coach to John Mitchell
    Chris Hoke - just old, time is up
    James Farrior - old and slow
    Bryant McFadden - you know he's done
    Will Allen - Need to draft a young safty to learn from Troy
    Arnez Battle - can only play special teams
    LarryFoote old and done
    Chris Kemo - his time is up, need to draft a starting guard
    Jason Kapinos - Better get someone better
    Shawn Suisham - Better get someone in free agency or draft to replace him, weak leg
    Anthony Madison - Just not good enough as a position player
    Mewelde Moore - Baron Batch is his replacement - Good bye already
    Willie Colon - To injury prone
    Byron Leftwich - Just worthless and Injry prone
    Daniel Sepulveda - To Injury prone

Time to move on and get good young replacements. Steelers need to go outside the box and rebuild through free agency and the draft.

Draft needs, a must:
    A starting guard
    A starting Nose Tackle
    A Safety
    A good running back in the middle round
    A QB - working on Bens replacement

Thats 5 picks so, they need to make some trades for more picks.

2. polyjb

polyjb Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2012
    ALL PLAYERS AND COACHES - AGREE

3. edog55

edog55 Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    I forgot Mendenhall. After what Redman did today, there is no need to pay him a lot of money like they did Woodley. Redman showed that he can get the job done. Now Mendenhall is expendable, especially because of his injury. This is who the Steelers need to draft:

Running back - Ganaway, Terrance - RB, 6-0, 240lbs, SR - DeKalb, Texas/DeKalb HS/Texarkana College
    I think he is a perfect fit to work with Redman. Draft him and trade Mendenhall or let him walk in free agency.
    Don't make the same mistake you did with Woodley by paying him all that money and not helping your o-line.
    They should have taged Woodley and paid him 10 million and used the other 51 million on some o-linemen to protect your 100 million QB! Don't make the same mistake and pay Mendenhall a big contract only to fine out that he is not the one.

4. steelers5859

steelers5859 Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    Agree with most but if you get rid of Farrior and Foote who calls the defense? Not ready to trust Timmons and Sylvester

Willie Colon? If he comes back healthy then move him to guard. Starks, draft pick, pouncey, colon and gilbert.

Byron Leftwich is young than Charlie Batch. I would keep him but draft clip board holder.

Kapinos i would keep unless their is someone better.

And don't forget, you need role players on a team.

5. 12to88

12to88 Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2011
    Dick LeBeau needs to retire

Mike Tomlin better step up and define what he wants this defense to be, because the "zone blitz" is done; it's over. Offenses have caught up to it. Neither Woodley nor Harrison can get to the QB anymore. Compare them to what Lloyd and Greene used to do. Actually, there is no comparison. The 3-4 zone blitz is done. Kaput. Scrap it.

Fire Bruce.

6. steelers5859

steelers5859 Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    I wouldn't say it was done, I just haven't seen it. Other than that stupid cross dog blitz with the inside linebackers and the occassionally corner blitz, I haven't seen it all year.

The creatively and exotic blitzes are lost this year. We need someone who can bring that back.

7. edog55

edog55 Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    Farrior will be 37 years old, he is done. And yes Timmons and or another vet can call the defense. Timmons is the logical one. Yes Sylvester is young and ready to play. Go with the youth and let them play and learn. Every other team does. Willie Colon has been injured the last two season, he is to injury prone, let him go. Leftwich is also very injury prone and he is not young, he is 31, will be 32 by the time the season starts.

Kapinos, is ;ess then average as a punter, they can do better. If they except his averageness, then they are only hurting the team. Suisham also has a very weak leg and needs to go.

As far as role players, they already have them on the teaml All the young draft icks from the last three years, they just need to play them.

8. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Miami is going to have a new GM and new HC think they might consider the trade of a "ahem top ten" RB or the fastest receiver in the game for Mike Pouncey?

9. freakfontana

freakfontana

Oct 19, 2011
    i was thinking the same yesterday rm for mp could be good for both team , i will never trade wallace (maybe for p.willis)

10. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Can't keep them both without some serious payroll slashing and roster gutting. More teams need WR help than do RB's

11. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Hampton and Farrior should be out the door, but sadly there is a lot of questions about who their replacements would be. They shouldn't be starters next year, but they might be backups.

12. Ronak

Ronak Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    You can't just jettison 12 to 15 people and replace in one season, especially not when your team is over the cap to begin with.

This wasn't our year, there is no need for knee-jerk stuff that would set us back a decade. Minor changes, keep drafting well. And....

:FBAI!:

13. Ronak

Ronak Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Also. I love Pouncey, but he's been fragile as glass.

14. GB_Steel

GB_Steel Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2011
    Yes. What if he misses significant time again next year? Do we keep him around for second contract or look for a replacement? I guess we give him the Troy treatment: he's good enough that we'll take the 10-12 games/season we can get from him. I think with the season ending a little early that he'll have some extra time to heal up. With a traditional offseason I think that will also help strengthen his ankle.

15. Ronak

Ronak Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    :this!:

Man I hope so. A healthy Pouncey changes our OL so much.

16. gpguy

gpguy Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2011
    Ward - If he takes a pay cut i'd welcome him back (i just dont think they can afford him at his current pay)
    Hampton - Depends on draft...pay cut? cap cut? who knows
    Aaron Smith - I think he'll hang them up
    Chris Hoke - Same
    James Farrior - Cap cut
    Bryant McFadden - Cap cut (would he make a decent BU Safety?)
    Will Allen - Unless they draft a replacement he stays
    Arnez Battle - Doesnt matter either way
    Larry Foote - If Farrior goes I think they keep Foote
    Chris Kemo - If they draft a high round G he is gone...also could simple be a cap cut
    Jason Kapinos - Unless they find someone better I have no problems keeping him
    Shawn Suisham - Would like a dependable stronger leg replacement
    Anthony Madison - He was just signed for this one game pretty much so doubt he returns
    Mewelde Moore - I love MeMo he has helped this team a lot...but if B Batch can do the same MeMo does and just as good then MeMo will be gone
    Willie Colon - would like to try at RG
    Byron Leftwich - Either him or C Batch need to stay
    Daniel Sepulveda - like him but injuries worry me

Draft needs, a must:
    A starting guard
    A starting Nose Tackle
    A Safety
    A good running back in the middle round
    A QB

I agree with all of these except the RB thats one of the only places they have a ton of depth (Mendy, Redman, Batch, Dwyer, Clay, even Moore/Spann). And i do not think of drafting a QB as Ben's replacement...but as a solid BU.