1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Change

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by chuckie_os, Oct 1, 2018.

1. chuckie_os

chuckie_os Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    So after Burt Falco carved up our defense.. It is safe to say.. we have nothing better than a college JV defense..
    We have money saved up from Bell not reporting.. Do we dig into FA pull?
    Do we fire a coach or two (imo secondary coach and D-Line coach needa go)..

We only get pressure to the QB when we blitz everyone, and if we can't get to the QB, he shreds our D for 20+ yards..

Offensively we lack explosion.. Yes we have AB and JuJu but Ben is also a problem..

Lets hear some thoughts..

2. chuckie_os

chuckie_os Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    or not..

• Winner Winner x 1
  3. TenaciousD

TenaciousD Well-Known Member

Sep 10, 2017
    No changes will be made. The Steeler way. Consistency is our model - even if we consistently suck.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    I just plowed through 30 other threads that were loud as thunder with thoughts. No lack of them around this place. Perhaps at this point it's merely a rhetorical question to ask. :shrug:

5. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Ive been thinking.... we need some stability on the defense... and the Steelers have been planning on using Safety heavy packages this year to counteract the loss of Shazier...

What if we signed Mike Mitchell and used him as a coverage LB in certain passing situations?

He knows our defense, and as a LB he wouldn't be called on to cover the fastest guys on other teams... he also is a willing tackler. Edmunds could take some notes...

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  6. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    I think we'd be better off with Ryan Clark....or Lee Flowers...or Darren Perry.

7. shaner82

shaner82 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Ok I'll play. I'll tell you whether we should sign someone or not if you tell me who is available that could help us

8. Kreighoff

Kreighoff Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2017
    The only advantage of bringing in new guys is they haven't had their football instincts sucked out of them by our defensive coaching staff. Even if they don't know the so called complicated scheme they might know not to let a guy just run past you as you stand there flatfooted.

It really is looking like we have a dreadful defensive coaching staff, year after year when you hope guys will show improvement they seem to regress.

Davis was better as a raw rookie than he is now same for Burns. When is a healthy Tuitt going to show us something.

It is obvious to all of us that it goes much deeper than losing Shazier.

Last game it was like ok we won't blitz because we can't cover in man so we will stand around in zone and get shredded.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Jares

Jares Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2016
    It is funny you mention that. As I was playing Madden 19, I sat and watched as my DB stood flatfooted, staring at the sideline, as the WR ran past him. The guy never moved and I thought, wow, Madden sure got the Steelers secondary correct.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1