1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Chance to bury the Ravens in 2 weeks with a win...

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by steel_ben7, Oct 24, 2016.

1. steel_ben7

steel_ben7 Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2015
    This is pretty much what is at stake for the Steelers if they can win this game in Baltimore in 2 weeks. A win puts you at 5-3 and the Ravens at 3-5 with a full 2 game lead plus the head to head tiebraker. And a loss puts you at 4-4 with the Ravens at 4-4 and they would own the head to head tiebraker for the time being. This is definitely a bigger game for the Ravens to win more so then the Steelers. The Ravens know they can't afford to fall 2 full games behind the Steelers and have a loss at home to them as well. This game will be the Ravens Super Bowl this season so expect them to be desperate and play a really tough game.

2. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    I think the Ravens are on their bye week also, they are really struggling to score on offense. The Steelers need to jump on them early, a lot of the Steelers injured players should be back for this game.

3. Guest

Guest Guest

If Ben is back, we've got this. If not, we need to give Batch a call. He knows how to take care of the Rats in their nest. :rawk: :lolol:

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. steel_ben7

steel_ben7 Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2015
    Even though Landry didn't totally stink yesterday and played okay at times I still don't wanna take my chances of the Steelers winning a game in Baltimore with so much on the line with Jones as the QB.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    Hate to say it........but........due to the impending circumstances..........it might.........be time.........to give........ZIT MAN a ringading.:hmmm:

6. SteelerJJ

SteelerJJ Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    I have gotten some Ravens games here in Richmond. Their offense just looks out of whack. Flacco has been sacked 14 times and Mike Wallace is their leading WR.

7. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    The Raven's have not looked good the few times I have been able
    to see them. That being said it is Steeler week in the Charm city. All bets are off.
    Prey that #7 will be able to play.

8. Thigpen82

Thigpen82 Bitter optimist

Oct 17, 2011
    I'd say we need Heyward back, and Coates firing on all cylinders, and DWill there to keep Bell fresh.

We need Chickillo to keep playing out of his skin, and Burns and Davis to learn from their previous games.

Obviously we could do with Ben back as well, but it's a mistake to think he's the sole difference in this game.

9. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    Ravens always have our number. Hairball gets chubbies thinking of ways to beat us. Probably only game plans for us lol

10. rukus4ever

rukus4ever Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    Winning this game is vital. It is very important that the Steelers put Sunday far behind them and focus on controlling the AFC North. By the time the season winds down, I hope this team will be healthy, more disciplined and firing on all cylinders. That would be a great way to head into the playoffs.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Real steel

Real steel Well-Known Member

Dec 9, 2012
    It's more likely the Ravens will be burying us if Ben doesn't play and the defencs doesn't get there act in gear. Flacco might be hurt which means M laugh.jpeg allet will torch us again

12. defva

defva Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Amen....he needed others to step up and help him with a win but he still didn't play winning ball to me

13. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

Indeed. Some fans do forget that this Baltimore team swept us a year ago. If there is that one team that gives Pittsburgh far more fits than New England, it is Baltimore and it is not even close.

Players have to play much better or this game is going to be another ugly loss; 19-22 against sub .500 teams dating back to 2012 as a result. Even worse, Pittsburgh is 1-5 dating back to 2014 against Baltimore according to footballdb.

14. Lizard72

Lizard72

Oct 23, 2011
    If Ben is back get ready for a 3 INT night and a loss. He doesn't do well first game back off an injury and those guys get after him with a purpose!

Landry needs to find some inner strength to pull it together in games he has a chance to make a few good throws.

He makes one or 2 better passes and they win or come close to winning against the Pats.

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. SteelerJJ

SteelerJJ Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    I don't see Landry beating them. He is good enough to be competitive but with our D we need more points.

16. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    If we get Heyward back, it's a better defense.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. pjgruden

pjgruden

Oct 16, 2011
    I honestly don't want Ben back for this game. I feel if he comes back he just might get re-injured. Think of all of the shots he has taken over the years against the Ravens. And to just be coming back from injury? No thanks.
    If the Steelers play mistake-free football they should be able to beat the Ravens, even with Jones starting.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Dustin

Dustin Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2016
    I do agree with you when it comes to him getting shots, but I think this game is way too important in the case of us winning the North. I think he should play if he can. What should really happen but never will: He should dress and if Landry can put them away early, let Ben rest, but if we need him he could be available. This is not realistic though. If he is 90% i bet he plays. HUGE game for us. We all know that records and previous play doesn't matter in this game. Throw that all aside. We need everybody that is ready for this one!!!!!!!!!!

19. DwarfToss

DwarfToss Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2016
    That goes back to 2013. 3-8 Since the start of the 2011 season. Here's another scary Baltimore related stat. After each of those 3 wins in the last 5 years, we've followed up with a gratuitous egg-laying Tomlin classic:

2014 - Lost to 1-8 Jets 20-13
    2013 - Lost to 2-4 Raiders 21-18
    2012 - Lost to 4-8 Chargers 34-24

20. DwarfToss

DwarfToss Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2016
    Hahahahaha...That will be the buttoned up Tomlin game plan - conservative, safe, risk-free. And stuffed by the Baltimore defense.

21. Diamond

Diamond Well-Known Member

May 26, 2012
    The way have lost two games on the road I dont think you can say we got this, with or without ben the rats seem to get up big when they play us, last year they beat us with a defense that was at half strength and a QB who came off the couch the week before, so we havent got this, untill we do.....

• Agree Agree x 1
  22. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    Bengals are our b*tch, we are Ravens b*tch, Ravens are bengals b*tch, and Browns are Browns b*tch lol.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  23. troybellringer55

troybellringer55 Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    We need to just beat them. We had no business losing to them twice last year to a team that went 4-12.
    Cost the Steelers the division and home field last year.

• Agree Agree x 2
  24. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    No, the Browns are EVERYONE's b*tch

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  25. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Ravens beat us with Mallet, who joined the team, what, like 3 days before they played?

Never a sure thing when these two teams meet. This game worries me, and like everyone else here, absolutely can't stand losing to that team.

• Agree Agree x 1