1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

CFB players leaving for draft prep

Discussion in 'The Bill Nunn Draft Room' started by turtle, Dec 16, 2016.

1. Diamond

Diamond Well-Known Member

May 26, 2012
    Butt wont fall very far in the draft, projected a 1st rounder his ACL tear was a downer in his last game as a senior, I would draft him and put him on IR till he is rehabed probably by october, if he is on our board in the second round take him quick....

2. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    i don't think it hurts his draft position either.:cool:

3. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    I don't think he drops any for that. Not being fully healed for the draft evaluation process certainly didn't hurt Heath Miller. And Jake Butt said he doesn't regret playing.

And all the guys that performed at a high level in their respective bowl games probably improved their draft stock and made money.

The real issue at heart here could be the month long layoff from playing their last regular season game to playing in the bowl game. Yes they are practicing but its not game action. It would be interesting to see a teams practice schedule during that span and if they are going full go etc. The scheduling is doing them a disservice imo.

4. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Lets go with an 8 team playoff, might eliminate an in season conference game?
    Start these playoffs mid December. Eliminate these stupid Bowls and keep the big
    bowls for playoff venues. $$$$$$ win/win situation. Stipulations to include highest rated non 5 power conference.

Last edited: Jan 2, 2017
  5. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

Did not hurt the likes of Karl Joseph either. For that matter, do not expect someone like Leonard Fournette falling off much the same.

6. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    mostly it depends on how long they have to rehab, not their ability. teams may pass if these guys that get hurt won't be ready to contribute right away. if i'm a GM and i have two guys with similar ability and one is coming off a knee injury then i'm going with the healthy guy. :cool:

7. darcrav

darcrav Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2012
    and there goes Mitch Trubisky pro

8. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
  9. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011