1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Celebrations

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by The Glory Days, Oct 23, 2017.

1. The Glory Days

The Glory Days Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2017
    So what celebrations would you like to see?

I'd like to see an air band. The scorer gets to be the front man and use the ball as a mic. Two teammates would flank the front man and play air guitar and another would play air drums behind them.

What say you?

2. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    Don’t think you’re allowed to use the ball as a prop. At least that used to be the case. The nfl might have backed off of that one a bit.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Clive From PIT

Clive From PIT I don't often drink...but I'm starting to. Site Admin

Dec 14, 2015
    They did, and you can.
    :cool:

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  4. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    I'd like to see just one more time what I watched in the 60"s, Touchdown, spike ball and shake hands.

Can't remember who or what game but this morning I saw a highlight of a touchdown catch and the receiver handed the ball to the Ref, pointed at the QB and walked to sideline. Had me stunned for a moment.

• Like Like x 3
  5. theRealeHarris

theRealeHarris Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2016
    - group of players mimicking old school TD celebrations...behind-the-back ball spike, both knees point to sky, shuffle dance with hands at sides like cowboy guns, all the old schoolyard favourites.

- play keep away/monkey in the middle from one or two players

- I'd like to see a player/team cement a 'salute to the fans' style celebration. Something that sticks for years, players and fans acknowledge it as a mark of our team (Lambeau leap)

6. steelcurtainmrp

steelcurtainmrp Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2016
    Get ahold of the PA announcer and tell him to play some Skynyrd after a TD and just have the whole team air guitaring to FREEBIRD:rawk:

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  7. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    I'm old school and think the celebrations are getting ridiculous again the way they were when Ocho Cinco and TO were pulling out goofy stunts.

I wouldn't be surprised anymore if a team is down by 30 and the whole offense does the hokey pokey after kicking a meaningless field goal.

I had a Bengal fan over my house and was somewhat embarrassed at the Hide and Seek ordeal.

• Agree Agree x 3
  8. The Glory Days

Oct 8, 2017
    You had a Bengal fan in your house and THAT was what embarrassed you? ;)

• Hilarious Hilarious x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  9. The Glory Days

Oct 8, 2017
    For whatever reason, the kiddie gamed themed ones are resonating with me. This would be funny.

10. Coastal Steeler

Coastal Steeler

Oct 16, 2011
    Beat me to it LOL. I have a Bengal fan shows up for coffee here every other Saturday. He don't get the good stuff LOL

• Like Like x 1
  11. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    FUN BUNCH!!!

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  12. SteelHack

SteelHack Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    This was my choice as well.....simple...included everyone that wanted in....true team celebration. But if we are going to keep getting silly with it..might as well do this one

If you are going to do it...DO IT Put that 7th ring on it!!!

HACK

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. Daddymac10

Daddymac10 Well-Known Member

May 1, 2015
    Honestly, I rather not see a celebration. I know guys are having fun, but you know they start the play clock during these celebrations. If you wanna go for 2, you don't have much time. I rather see guys act like LaDainian Tomlinson...

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. The Glory Days

Oct 8, 2017
    Play clock doesn't affect us. We can't score from the red zone so the linemen haven't even made it down there to line up while the celebration is going on.

15. Boomer

Boomer Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2011
    I'd prefer they act like they've been in the end zone before and will be back there again so there's no need to celebrate. But with this offense, there's no telling how long it will take them to score a TD again. So I guess they have to act like a fool who just won the lottery.

• Like Like x 1
  16. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    I don't care if they celebrate I just have stopped paying attention to it...

17. Diamond

Diamond Well-Known Member

May 26, 2012
    Larry Fitzgerald is all class. Breaks the franchise record for TDs and just flicks the ball toward the ref. No showboating. Class act.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. 86WardsWay

Dec 27, 2012
    I live in Cincinnati so my daughter has a boyfriend who is unfortunately a Bungles fan. He was dressed head to toe in Bengals gear. I told him it wasn't Halloween just yet. I think he was more embarrassed than anything though. Especially when they took the knee in defeat formation.:roflmao:

• Like Like x 1
  19. Clive From PIT

Clive From PIT I don't often drink...but I'm starting to. Site Admin

Dec 14, 2015
    Agreed. Nice to see stuff my kid can recognize and laugh about.

By and large, they’re young men who’ve worked their asses off for years to get where they are and work their asses off to stay where they are: playing a GAME for a living. I don’t mind seeing some joy come out when they help the team by scoring.

• Agree Agree x 2
  20. The Glory Days

Oct 8, 2017
    Funny how JuJu and Lev are the only ones thinking up celebrations and they're the only ones scoring touchdowns.
    I was thinking about their un-victory formation. I don't think I've ever seen a professional team kneel in defeat. Probably have and just forgot. But that really struck me as odd.

21. Ender

Ender

Apr 5, 2014
    I've honestly never seen a pro team do that before. Everyone in my section at the game was talking about it.

22. 86WardsWay

Dec 27, 2012

With no time outs, Dalton was down by 15 and threw the ball wayyyyyyyy out of bounds on a 4th and 2 from his own 33 with 3:40 left on the clock. After a couple runs by Conner, the game had 4 consecutive kneel downs to end the game. 3 by the Steelers while leaving :38 seconds on the clock and the Bengals taking the final knee to run it out from their own 21. If that's not waving the white flag then I don't know what is. Dalton must have been tired of getting rattled by our defense and the thought of possibly going to OT to get even more beat up was probably running through his mind.

Not only have I never seen a Pro team do that, the only other competition I have ever heard of something similar was the No Mas fight of Robert Duran Vs. Sugar Ray Leonard.

• Agree Agree x 1
  23. bettissb40

bettissb40 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    I like to see none. Give the ball to the ref and get on with the game instead acting like a bunch of assholes.

• Agree Agree x 1
  24. SteelinOhio

SteelinOhio

Oct 16, 2011
    I don't mind the celebrations to show that you're excited. I mean c'mon, it's exciting to score points. But when they start getting acted out and over planned, it comes off as hokey to me.

Like Lombardi said, act like you've been there before, but I still don't mind showing some excitement with a fist pump or jumping up and down or something like that.

• Agree Agree x 1
  25. STEELWARRIOR

STEELWARRIOR Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Ok you said you had a Bengals fan in your house "oh my" and was embarrassed over the hide and seek celebration!!! Well misery loves company, because that Bengals fan should have been ashamed at Burfict's antics by trying to kick a Steelers player in the head!!! I guess that wild make you both pretty even as far as emotions are concerned!!! Just saying!!:facepalm: