1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

CBS Bite me

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Coastal Steeler, Dec 4, 2011.

1. Coastal Steeler

Coastal Steeler

Oct 16, 2011
    I saw the Pats* once up 35 points and they leave the game on. Begining of the 4th here on the Carolina Coast, they took the Steeler Murder of Cincitucky off because it was out of hand.

2. ScottChab

ScottChab Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    Not everywhere. I saw the entire game.

3. bigsteelerfaninky

bigsteelerfaninky Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
  4. SteelerJJ

SteelerJJ Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    I had to watch online while the Skins-Jets snooze-fest was televised locally.

5. RobVos

RobVos Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    must of been the local affiliate...???

6. SteelersWin!

SteelersWin! Well-Known Member

Oct 29, 2011
    atleast it was on...our cbs affiliate from Harrisburg opted to show no game at 1:00 and have the Ratbirds on at 4:00. Pathetic!! luckily my friend has sunday ticket

7. motorstreet

motorstreet New Member

Dec 4, 2011
    Yea, it happened here in Dallas too. Still in 3rd quarter and they switched to Jets game. Luckily, I was able to find an illegal (I suppose) feed online and saw the rest of the game.

8. diehardsteel

diehardsteel Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    With the NFL ticket on Direct TV, that kind of :bscow: almost never happens.

9. harristotle

harristotle Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    They did the same thing here, I was pissed! I recorded it only to find out I had to miss the whole 4th quarter, at least I got to see all the scoring...

10. edog55

edog55 Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    Also, on the RedZone, they never show the Steelers game. They show it a few times when they are about to score and thats it. One time today they showed the Colts game when they had the ball at ther own five yard line and losing the game. They also showed to much of the Pattiots, even when they were not in the Red Zone. Makes me sick. I think they might have showed the Steelers three times the whole afternoon.

11. mdbates2

mdbates2 Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2011
    Actually it NEVER happens with the NFL Ticket, because the channels are dedicated to the feeds from particular games. I LOVE my Sunday Ticket!

12. Jim90

Jim90 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    lost here in toronto, canada too.. lucky for me the guy upstairs bought the Sunday ticket so i went to that channel for the rest of the game

13. 43FOLyfe!

43FOLyfe! Well-Known Member

Nov 27, 2011
    NFL Sunday Ticket!!!! I've said it before and I'll say it again.

14. bettissb40

bettissb40 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Saw the whole game here in Ky. and do not associate Cincy with Ky. they are two different animals.

15. KnoxVegasSteel

KnoxVegasSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    Yeah totally different. There are more teeth per capita in stinkcinnati than in KY. But just barely...

16. dkblue

dkblue Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    My local CBS feed went to the Jets game but I also have DIrect TV in my man cave. I was concerned because Direct TV usually blocks the game shown locally but the Steelers were on so I got to see it.

17. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Not sure if I would say never. I used to watch the ticket at the holiday Inn bar and since the bar manager blew it opening weekend the first year they had it(idiot didn't bother to make sure it was working before he advertized it) no one ever came back. It was awesome since my brother was the kitchen manager and there were only three of us there every weekend we got to set up the twenty some tv's to what ever games we wanted. Now I seem to remember several times where Direct TV pull the plug on a game and switched to a more competitive one. Not sure if it was because the went with the local affiliate feed or not. May not happen a lot to Steelers games but it did overall.

18. BLACKnGOLDsince72

BLACKnGOLDsince72 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Exactly. What a bunch of :bscow: I ended up listening to it on the radio and I hate that because that damn Bill Hillgrove drives me nuts ! He absolutely needs glasses or something. He constantly makes wrong calls on the play by play. You'll be like celebrating a Steelers TD only to hear him say 5 seconds later "Nope, the receiver dropped the ball". This guy can have your emotions swing from sky high to rock bottom just on one play. Imagine that feeling on every play of a 3 hour football game. It's pure torture :frustrated:

19. HugeSnack

HugeSnack Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    Really? My sunday ticket burned me yesterday.

The game was nationally televised on CBS, along with the Texans game (here in Texas). When that happens, at least for me, Directv does NOT air the game on their regular sunday ticket channel (709 yesterday). If I were to put it on 709, I'd get a message telling me that the game is not on because it is being televised nationally, and I need to check my regular channels.

That's all well and good. UNTIL CBS abandons the Steeler game. Sure, when CBS switches to the Jets/Skins, channel 709 starts carrying the Steeler game. But I was recording the game and not watching it live. I always let it "get ahead" a bit when the game starts so I can skip commercials. So when they switched and I was still 30 minutes behind live TV, that means I can put it on 709 but I already missed 30 minutes of the game. I would have missed the rest of the game if I'd been out of the house or farther behind. The only way to combat that would have been to simultaneously tape CBS as well as 709, which would just be a screen with a message for the whole game until they switched over. But who has the DVR space for that, and how am I supposed to predict that they won't show the whole game they promised?

If there's a happy ending, it's that I get to see the 30 minutes I missed on the Directv short cut, which is awesome. But had something important happened in the time I missed, I still would have been very cranky.

The WORST is when you set up your game to record ahead of time and won't be there to watch it live, but don't realize that the game is being nationally televised. Then you come home to "To see this game put it on CBS" and nothing else. That happened to me two years ago. :frustrated:

20. Homestead____Works

Homestead____Works Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Got cut off here.
    Had to switch to Sunday Ticket. Geez, that's getting expensive, though.

21. rutan74

rutan74 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    With a little work with the DirecTV customer service department, you could have gotten it free. I got the ticket free this year and for the last 6-7 years, I have never paid full price.

Next year post a thread and I will spread the information. Note that this is not about stealing the signal. It is just done through the retention department at DirecTV. Complain enough and the squeaky wheels do get oiled.

rutan

22. lersgofor7

lersgofor7 Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2011
    Direct TV is awesome!!!!

23. VA_Black&Gold

VA_Black&Gold Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    I *hate* when they do that. I've given up on our local stations for the most part and head out to watch. I like watching all the games anyways, so it works out well. I do get incredibly annoyed when they cut off any game though, because a lot of people make the decision to watch at home and then can't get a spot at the bar for the rest of the game if they want to see the last part. I remember a couple years ago they cut off the Steelers game barely into the third quarter!

24. HawkeyeJames

HawkeyeJames Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Living in Iowa the Steelers are the national game very few times. So with the ticket I really have no issues other than the minor ones pointed out above. I thought this post was going to be about how Nantz was trying to find a way to explain Cincy into this game and how Pittsburgh was just getting lucky. Nantz is terribly biased against the Steelers when he and Sims do a game...