1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

CBJ!!

Discussion in 'Other Sports Talk' started by SGSteeler, Apr 23, 2014.

1. SGSteeler

SGSteeler Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2013
    Let's go Jackets!!!! I literally can't believe that just happened! It's on like Donkey Kong!

2. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
  3. SteelCity_NB

SteelCity_NB Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 23, 2011
    Marc Andre-Fleury. How is this guy still a starting goaltender in the league?

I thought the Pens would win easily, but with Fleury between the pipes, anything is possible!

4. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    One of the real problems here is that the Pens Achilles heel has been exposed and put on tape for the last two months of the season. You get bodies in front of Fleury and his game drops dramatically. They lack the big bodies to push these guys from in front of the net and so you see Columbus exploiting it. He also doesn't help his case with that bone-head move that he makes one every couple of games like deciding to play a puck with less than 30 seconds left in the game and two team mates within reach of it.

5. SteelCity_NB

SteelCity_NB Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 23, 2011
    Well Fleury just avoided another collapse last night. :lolol:

Good to see Malkin explode. T hat guy is a dominating force when he wants to be.

6. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    I haven't been following hockey closely since the 90's but I thought that part of the game was removed? The Flyers were great at that, they'd park a big body like Samuelsson in front of the net to screen the goalie, couldn't move him.

7. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    No it is still a vital part of the game although they have regulated it more so that there is less contact between an opposing teams player and the goalie. Used to be if you set up in front of the goalie you better be ready to take a beating because the goalie could whack away at your legs and midsection, it was the price you paid for prime real estate. Now goalies have less options and you need your defense men to clear them out so the goalie can see the puck. Last two minutes of last nights game prime example, Columbus pulls their goalie and get the extra attacker and they tried to get three bodies around Fluery and the crease trying to get a deflection or a juicy rebound.