1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

CB Coty Sensabaugh added also.

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Blast Furnace, Mar 20, 2017.

1. SanDiegoSteel

SanDiegoSteel Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2016
    I see it more as Golson will start over him if hes actually healthy for once. If hes injured as usual then Sensabaugh will start in the slot. Gay might be released.

2. RPO IZSB

RPO IZSB Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2015
    Golson is far far far more likely to be released than Gay

Golson hasn't played in a football game of any sort since the Senior Bowl in January 2015.... think about that. And since that time, he has participated in exactly ONE.... that's ONE.... week of practice at the NFL level.

Golson is a 3rd year rookie, coming off two major surgeries, with exactly zero football experience in the last 27 months.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. Diamond

Diamond Well-Known Member

May 26, 2012
    Your right, he is a total rust bucket who has never covered an NFL receiver in a game since he was drafted, and just may ride the IR roster here and never play a down the rest of his contract....

4. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    I didn't have high expectations for none of those guys :shrug:.

5. dobbler-33

dobbler-33 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2011
    Got to admit, I did for Boykin... Not so much Gilbert. Purely a coming from Cleveland thing hahahahaha

6. SteelerJJ

SteelerJJ Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    The knock on Sensabaugh is that he isn't physical and can't jam receivers at the line. With our 15 yard cushions he might play better here.

7. dobbler-33

dobbler-33 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2011
    Time will tell

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Thigpen82

Thigpen82 Bitter optimist

Oct 17, 2011
    The more I think about it, the more I see the Golsen saga as significant to the development of the D.

Granted, had he not been injured, he may not have been up to much. But if we had three high-round picks in the secondary with 1-2 years experience, plus Cockerill and the others mac mentioned, I don't think we should underestimate how the secondary needs would be looking very different right now.

Ho hum.

9. D0bre Shunka

D0bre Shunka Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2012
    High hopes for our 2015 pic Senquez G, hope to see him play a game. We have him until 2019 and that could be the year we take our 1st look!

I don't mind the Sensabaugh signing. I think he can help in the slot. Low risk and cheap we'll take it all the help we can get there for now.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2017