1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Cassius Marsh thinks the Patriots are jerks!

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Formerscribe, Jul 14, 2021.

1. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
  2. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    Well I think they are jerks too!!!!

I'm sure you will get told by someone this is not Steeler related.;)

• Like Like x 1
  3. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Doesn’t surprise me but the bottom line for the Patriots is they were the most successful franchise in the last 20 years.

We’ll see if the Patriot way continues generating success now that Brady is gone. First year post Brady didn’t go so well. Treating people like **** may work when you are winning, not so much when you aren’t making the playoffs.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. troybellringer55

troybellringer55 Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    I don't think Belichick is much of a players coach, but he's been highly successful, not so good since Brady left for year 1.

But I still think defensively, and all around he's the smartest head coach in the game.

I mean this guy has been around since 1975 when he was with the Baltimore Colts as a Special assistant

That means he's been in at least some NFL capacity for 46 years.

Your not getting much more experience than that guy.

Cassius Marsh spewing hatred, looks like plankton trying to take on a Killer whale, when talking smack against the Pats.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Maddog78

Maddog78 Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2020
    What a cupcake. I'm sure he's happier in Pittsburgh, where coaches tell players to go play video games and not work too hard.

Reminds me of the post-game chatter after the Pats waxed the Steelers in the 2016 AFCC Game. Mitchell said they didn't see the flea-flicker on tape because they only watch the last four games, and they had run it 7 or 8 games earlier.

Belichick was asked how they scouted the Steelers: "We watched every play they ran all year."

US Marine Corps vs. Delta House

Last edited: Jul 14, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  6. AFan

AFan Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    This isn’t a good look for Marsh. He’s the very definition of journeyman: 6yrs - 7 teams- 9 starts. I guess he’s been on enough teams to know which ones are more player friendly. Maybe the Pats treated him badly, but a strong training camp performance from some other UFDA and he’s working at Sheetz. They might treat him better, but he’ll be making 5% of NFL minimum.

• Like Like x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  7. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    I looking forward to hearing what he has to say about the Steelers when he's playing for his next team...

• Like Like x 2
  8. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    Another player with his mouth open...:facepalm:

It might take years for these yinzers to learn about fools.

• Like Like x 1
  9. The Sodfather

The Sodfather Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2014
    Dude, you're lucky to be in the league. Just stop whining and be happy you're drawing an NFL paycheck.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    What a goof.

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. Seven4Steel

Seven4Steel Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2020
    I'm sure other teams' players run their mouths too, but I don't care about other teams. I'm sick of Tomlin's culture that manifests itself into players who think it's more about them than the team. If you want to make it all about yourself, wrestle. If you want to play a team sport, STFU and get with the program.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    My take away from that article wasn't that he was complaining about I'll treatment but that it was a wake up call that the Patriots run their team as a serious business and expect that level of dedication from their players. Marsh's experience seemed to indicate he looked at it as getting paid to play a game and he wasn't as focused as the Patriots players are/were.

I'd have thought the guys who are all over Tomlin about his lack of control in the locker room would be eating this stuff up rather than taking shots at Marsh

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  13. Roonatic

Sep 4, 2017
    How is this on Tomlin? I agree to a point that Tomlin gives his players the big head but censoring them would be a disaster imo. I blame the fool with his mouth open...:shrug:

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. TheTerribleOwl

TheTerribleOwl Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2017
    People must be really desperate if this is what causes outrage now.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. Seven4Steel

Seven4Steel Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2020
    I want things to be a certain way, and my way is unrealistic. But it's what I want. I know I'm never going to see a professional team with a team-first group of players. Oh, they can call themselves a band of brothers. They can circle the wagons in defense against the haters. So they act like a team, right? Nope. They are full of their own self-interests. They get paid millions of dollars to live a lifestyle us shlubs can only dream of. And they deserve every penny they can squeeze out of their contracts. But after making bank, they conduct themselves like it's all about them. The organization that just made it possible to fill garages with luxury cars isn't as important as what they want to do in their spare time.

So yeah, I blame Tomlin because it's his "team." I'm supposed to give him credit for their successes, right? I mean, I lambaste the guy for the failures, so I should credit him with success as well...and I do, when it's warranted. He has enabled these rich boys to believe it's more about themselves than it is about the game/team/organization/fanbase that has made their fantastic lifestyle possible, and the social platform that wouldn't be available to them without it.

I blame Tomlin. But that's just me. I'm a curmudgeon. Ben will have good knees before I have a good attitude towards Tomlin.

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  16. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    Outrage isn't the word, but Marsh certainly deserves to be mocked.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. mytake

mytake Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2016
    Who?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    I'm really on the fence about Tomlin.
    One minute I really like him . The next I'm pissed about the whole thing, but everything else You wrote was spot on.:thumbs_up:

19. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    You

• Like Like x 1
  20. Roonatic

Sep 4, 2017
    Idk, i think he preaches Steeler football but the problem came before Tomlin. Free Agency has them playing for the $$$.

Maybe bringing back 17 round drafts will help?

21. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Find it a little disturbing that Marsh is getting bashed and not NE.

Bad behavior doesn’t change unless bad behavior gets exposed.

Last 9 to 5 job I ever had and what propelled me to go into business for myself treated people like **** and before you tell me we all worked for companies like that, let me know if yours fired anyone on 9/11 for going home or made your department (mine) shut of the radio and crack the whip harder saying “come on guys, lets knock these bags down (job orders) the way they knocked those buildings down.” I have a whole slew of stories like that with that company.

**** that owner and **** NE.

• Like Like x 1
  22. Roonatic

Sep 4, 2017
    I have had a few jobs that i just never went back, i hear ya.

• Like Like x 2
  23. Maddog78

Maddog78 Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2020
    What horrors did he endure? A shortened lunch hour?

And those p*ssies on D-Day probably complained about getting shot at.

• Like Like x 2
  24. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    I’m willing to bet there is a whole lot more than food breaks. When you’ve worked for companies/organizations like that, you recognize the signs.

He did compliment them on their work ethics. You can work hard and still treat people like decent human beings.

• Agree Agree x 1
  25. SteelersFanIrl

SteelersFanIrl Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2019
    Foolish comments from Marsh, he is lucky to have a job playing footballs. Superstars can get away with bashing ex teams, roster bubble guys. Not so much.

NE success was down to a combination of genius coaching and masterful QB play from Tom Brady. That cycle has been broken and they are just another team now, IMO

• Like Like x 1