1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Cassel and Warner

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Da Stellars, Feb 7, 2012.

1. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    How do they feel about Haley.... particularly Warner, I wonder how he liked Haley as an OC???

2. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Some where on this page is a link that has a very unflattering article about Haley, one of the things mentioned is he even annoyed Warner. Didn't really like reading that, if he could annoy Warner then Bens head may explode.

3. BLACKnGOLDsince72

BLACKnGOLDsince72 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Yea. In that same article you mentioned if I'm not mistaken there was also something about Cassel shouting at Haley from the bench. Our offense might be a lot more entertaining to watch than anyone would have imagined :lolol:

4. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Oh right, because he benched Cassel for a series, buckle up Steeler fans! :lolol:

5. diehardsteel

diehardsteel Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    I'm sure Art Rooney is aware of all this history and think it probably came up in the interview. Can't believe he would risk a disruptive loose cannon in his locker room mucking things up.

6. TarheelFlyer

TarheelFlyer Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2011
    I am not that stressed about it. The think I would have liked to have heard from Haley if I was Tomlin was...tell me the mistakes you made in Arizona and Kansas City, give me specifics and tell me what you would have done different if you could do it again. Those answers would have been imperative to the hiring decision.

7. BLACKnGOLDsince72

Oct 16, 2011
    I'm with you and that's why it makes this hiring all the more interesting to me ;)

8. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    It was reported that Tomlin came away very impressed with the interview. I'm sure these things must have been brought up. I would think it has been made clear by Art and Tomlin that they do not want a circus atmosphere on the sidelines, the Rooneys are very image conscious. We'll see if the light goes on in Haleys head.

9. colsteveaustin

colsteveaustin Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011

I hope so.We don't need chaos on the sidelines. :praying:

10. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    Saw this on quote from Warner earlier-

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I guess that could be interpreted in different ways, depending on how you look at it. Here's an article from last month where KW is asked his thoughts on why Haley didn't return to AZ. http://arizonasports.com/40/1491801/War ... nt-a-match
    There's not a whole lot of meat in the article, but KW doesn't have anything bad to say about Haley. He basically says that Haley would be a good fit to return to the Cardinals if they needed an OC, which they don't. He went on to say that he couldn't see Haley taking a lesser role on a team.

11. KnoxVegasSteel

KnoxVegasSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    The piece was written by a non objective hater named Jason Witlock. He is not a credible source, IMO. I wouldnt take anything fatlock says as truth.

12. 12to88

12to88 Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2011
    Warner has no issues with Haley. Last month, he was on record as saying he's a good coach.

13. Coke Oven

Coke Oven Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2012
    If he did then that would tell us a lot about what's really important to him. Might be very different than what's important to us.

14. 12to88

12to88 Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2011
  15. 12to88

12to88 Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2011
    You sure have that right. I can't read Whitlock.

16. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Doesn't exactly give me the warm and fuzzies but he seems to improve players, if Ben buys in and Haley can elevate his game then great. Just hope Haley is smart on how he goes about it, going to be a cultural shock for Ben. Will be interesting to see what he can do with Wallace too.

17. JackAttack 5958

JackAttack 5958 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011

This is a great article. I loved this quote by Keyshawn Johnson:

“That works for some guys. And some guys, they’ll fold their tent. I’ve watched a lot of guys, they just hate him, just like they hate [Bill] Parcells. Some guys view it as ‘I’m good, and he’s demeaning my skills.’ But that’s not true. He’s sharpening your tools.”

Quite honestly, I think some of the tools in the Steelers offensive shed had gotten a little dull under BA.

18. shaner82

shaner82 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    If Ben is a professional, he will buy in. I guess we'll see which Ben is on the team these days, an older, mature, professional Ben, or the same arrogant, stubborn SOB that was on the team years ago.

19. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    I never like Keyshawn the player, but I do respect his opinions as an analyst. He is a straight shooter and usually tells it like it is.

20. TheSteelHurtin2188

TheSteelHurtin2188 Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2011
    in the post this morning. Also whiz was raving about him.

21. BLACKnGOLDsince72

Oct 16, 2011
    Good article. Thanks for posting it. BTW I'm shocked he couldn't get along with TO in Dallas :lolol:

22. Thigpen82

Thigpen82 Bitter optimist

Oct 17, 2011
    I like the sentiment there. This could be a move towards the "identity" that some people have been pushing for. Given the young offense we have, I'll be happy if they get a driven, no-nonsense guy behind them who's going to do something if they don't perform.

Arguably, that's what Tomlin's been doing already, though - so we'll have to wait and see, I guess.

23. diehardsteel

diehardsteel Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    I can't wait to see our new offense!