1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Carson Palmer

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by truckin9999, Oct 18, 2011.

1. truckin9999

truckin9999 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Adam Schefter reporting on twitter:

Carson Palmer to the Raiders now official. Compensation expected to be a 1 in 2012 and a conditional 1 in 2013.

2. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011

LOL, opps, should have waited another minute to post my Dixon question. Oh well.

3. CaBurghfan

CaBurghfan Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    This does not help us in the long run at all. I know we don't worry about the Bengals too much the last 5-6 years, but Dalton is impressing so far, and if they get 2 rather high draft picks the next 2 years, due to bad records, and add on 2 more from Oakland????? That's stackign up some good talent, if they pick wisely.....

And, in the short term, I think that puts Oakland in the top 5 in the AFC, however laughable that may seem.

4. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    Man, I heard this rumor yesterday and laughed at it. The Carson Palmer trade rumors were turning into Brett Farve watch 2011. I think he's got a shot at doing well there. I was hoping that the Bungles would hold onto their grudge and keep him locked in forever. Mainly for the reason that they can only gain from getting rid of him.
    This^.

5. Ray D

Ray D Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 18, 2011
    Dumb trade by the Raiders IMO.

He isn't worth a single first round pick.

6. CANTON STEEL

CANTON STEEL Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    Kinda thinking this myself. At first I thought it sounded good for both teams, but the more I think about it i'm not so sure the Raiders made the right call. A 1st rounder for a guy who's been sitting around watching tv and eating cereal all day doesn't add up. lol

7. blair

blair Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011

I agree, let's pray they fail on the picks. I too don't think he is worth as much as the raiders gave up.

8. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Typical Raiders move. I guess this signals the end of Jason Campbells run there too. Wasn't he playing well? Obviously the Raiders were winning so he must have been doing something right. I would be stunned if any other team gave up so much for Carson but it's the Raiders. I would have thought a 2nd rounder. Now the Raiders are without a 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 7th round pick in 2012. The article I just read though said they might get compensation for Nnamdi and another player they lost to FA. I think Carson is better then he was playing in Cincy but I think they gave up too much.

9. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    I don't know, they took a "washed up" QB named Jim Plunkett and did pretty well with him. They also took an above average guy named Rich Gannon and did alright with him too. I always kind of liked Palmer and felt sorry (a little) for him that he had to play in Cincy with the likes of Chad Johnson, Whosyourmama and Terrell Owens. As long as the Raiders beat the Chargers twice a year, I'm happy!

10. JackAttack 5958

JackAttack 5958 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    The Bengals made out like a bandit here. Two 1st round draft choices is much too high a price.

11. oldschool

oldschool Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    this....

12. CaBurghfan

CaBurghfan Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    Here's the thing. He was in Cincy, where he had to try to win games by himself at times. However, in Oakland, with a running game and good defense, he can get away with just managing a game. It could be dangerous for the teams they are playing.......