1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Career Coaches Challenges and League Average

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Rel, Nov 11, 2022.

1. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    :facepalm:

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  2. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Everyone in the stadium knows this when it happens

I suspect every team does it

The home team show what the want in their screen nothing more nothing less

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  3. Rel

Rel Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2018
    I know. I asked for this by making the thread. I knew deep down that presenting the facts that Tomlin has average success rate when it comes to challenges would mean very little to some people.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  4. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

TuRnDoWnForWaTT Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2018
    You of all people. How many times on here have you accused people of tinfoil hat conspiracy theories.

Here is a guy accusing stadium jumbotron operators of conspiring to screw Mike Tomlin out of challenges, yet you are all in. Shake my head. :facepalm:

• Like Like x 1
  5. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

Jan 1, 2018
    It's not cheating at all because it flat out isn't happening.

Hey guys? The Steelers play half their games in Pittsburgh. So does someone want to explain to me who's fault it is when Tomlin fails to challenge an obvious call at home? Is it Tomlin's or is it the scoreboard IT guy's fault? :facepalm:

Is Tomlin to blame for anything ever? The guy hired a below average, journeyman college coordinator. Nobody in the NFL wanted that guy. But hey, that is Colbert / Rooneys fault. Now Tomlin's complete inability to manage the NFL's red flag challenge system is the scoreboard operators fault. I do believe I have now heard everything.

Triple :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: to the lot of yinz.

Last edited: Nov 12, 2022
    • Like Like x 2
  6. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

Jan 1, 2018
    By the way, this is 2022 for any of @Rel 's conspiracy theory to hold weight we would have to assume that nobody on the Steelers Coaching staff owns a flippin Iphone. :facepalm: Every single game can be watched online. Do you really think if Tomlin was having trouble getting the proper replays on the scoreboard, that he wouldn't have someone watching a broadcast feed???? Even he isn't that dumb.

• Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 1
  7. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    The entire conversation about blame not being on Tomlin ended when I posted this: "First and foremost what I see, ground level, field level, from my eyes. Then assistant coaches and video board but first and foremost, my eyes." -Mike Tomlin referring to his replay challenge process.
    No one commented on it, but instead moved the goal posts so I played along.

• Like Like x 1
  8. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    What are you talking about?
    Everyone knows this is standard practice for the home team to not show replays that could negatively affect the home team as it pertains to possible challenges by the visiting team. Heck even the announcers regularly comment on it. Has nothing to exclusively do with Tomlin.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  9. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

Jan 1, 2018
    Heaven forbid you interject Mike Tomlin's own words into this. Lol

Not much can be done here. This thread belongs to the Mike Tomlin Appreciation Society. Rational thought and logical thinking are forbidden.

10. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    I'm going to take that as disrespect.

11. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

Jan 1, 2018

12. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    Rooney openly discussed hiring a 'replay helper', it was/is part of Teryl Austin's job title when he was hired. Tomlin lost 10 challenges in a row at one point. It goes on and on....

13. Thigpen82

Thigpen82 Bitter optimist

Oct 17, 2011
    Im fairly sure that iPhones are banned on the sidelines/in the booth. All the tech has to be NFL approved.

TJ Watt got in trouble for checking his phone at half-time!

https://www.usatoday.com/story/spor...t-steelers-sack-record-cell-phone/6605207001/

No idea how they enforce this…

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. Clive From PIT

Clive From PIT I don't often drink...but I'm starting to. Site Admin

Dec 14, 2015
    And Troy was nicked $10k for calling his wife to let her know he was okay after leaving a game with (yet) another concussion.

The teams are NOT permitted electronics from 90min before through to the end of games. (Team doctors are an exclusion, apparently.)

15. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    I believe another exclusion is streaming Facebook live from the locker room.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Clive From PIT

Clive From PIT I don't often drink...but I'm starting to. Site Admin

Dec 14, 2015
    • Like Like x 1
  17. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    We know everything in the NFL is on the up and up. Just ask Tua...

18. JackAttack 5958

JackAttack 5958 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    According to some on this board…ABSOLUTELY NOT AND HOW DARE YOU FOR EVEN SUGGESTING THAT BY ASKING THE QUESTION!!!:rules: (It’s in the fine print of the contract you sign at your rose colored glasses fitting ceremony when you join the Pollyanna Society of Rainbows and Butterflies)
    You shall never speak ill of or criticize the Head Coach of this football team EVER! It’s ALWAYS somebody else’s fault for any failure this football team may have, whether it may be related to player personnel, coaching hires, clock management, game planning, in game adjustments, insufficient preparation, inadequate playoff performance, etc. (etc. meant to cover everything else).

• Like Like x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  19. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    For whatever reason Tomlin stinks at challenges over the last several years.
    My point was that the home team definitely doesn’t show any replays to help the visitors when it come to challenges.
    This is common knowledge. Watch a few games today and see. Even the announcers will bring it up sometimes.

• Agree Agree x 2
  20. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    I do believe My Friend that would be very very against the rules.
    By the way I'm not sticking up for anyone, but I remember Bill Cowher getting mad at our own guy that runs the screen at the then Heinz Field. I remember it being a big thing on the Stan fox sports show.
    Because He didn't give Cowher the replay, and cut to something else. I bet You can even look it up ,and find this.

• Agree Agree x 1