1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

CAP SPACE

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by NY STEELERFAN, Mar 10, 2019.

1. NY STEELERFAN

NY STEELERFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    Ok according to OTC we are at Team Cap Space: $11,498,156. I do believe we get 1 mil more of space with the AB trade but we have lots of holes and not a lot of cap space......... Anyone thinking we are gonna be active in FA think again. :crycry::crycry::crycry:

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  2. SC Gamecock

SC Gamecock

Oct 18, 2011
    There’s wide speculation that in addition to Roethlisberger, that they’re gonna restructure Tuitt.

I’d say they’ll make another $7-8 million with them alone, if they really want to. Then don’t forget about guys like Burnett

Edit: cutting Burnett alone would save $3.6

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. R2sojr

R2sojr Well-Known Member

Mar 9, 2018

And they better drop Bud from 9 to 4ish mil. If they pay him that then Colbert definitely deserves to be fired.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. SC Gamecock

SC Gamecock

Oct 18, 2011
    Just not sure they have a choice this year. Now if they were able to get Bosa or Josh’s Allen it’d be a diff story

5. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    how about gilberts trade? thats 4.9 mil.:cool:

• Like Like x 1
  6. R2sojr

R2sojr Well-Known Member

Mar 9, 2018

Honestly they can release Bud and be fine. He had 5 sacks and ran himself out of plays. Bud is another player the Steelers hold on to and not work out. 4 years now and he’s been absolute garbage.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. SC Gamecock

SC Gamecock

Oct 18, 2011
    But who would step in and replace him?!

8. SC Gamecock

SC Gamecock

Oct 18, 2011
    All i know is they gotta quit f’in whiffing on these 1st round OLB’s! :frustrated:

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. Rel

Rel Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2018
    They did stop. Drafted Watt.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    Losing Shazier brown bell not much in return or cap relief lol.

11. NY STEELERFAN

NY STEELERFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    There are lots of options cutting Bud, Burnett and Burns saves 14.6! Remember though all them have to be replaced which cost money as well........

12. Diamond

Diamond Well-Known Member

May 26, 2012
    If they put the 5th year option on a player they have to pay the going rate for that position, they cant low ball it under the CBA agreement....

13. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    I’m really surprised someone hasn’t balked at the 5th year option. I mean it’s essentially the same thing as being Franchise tagged?

14. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    Anyone wanting to play with scenarios can do just that on overthecap.com, and it’s free. I’ve done it many times. It’s good enough so that I no longer maintain my own salary cap model in Excel. You can select players to cut, select players to extend and plug in numbers for bonuses and salaries, and pick outside free agents and put together their contract numbers.

Bottom line - were in good shape if we stop the bad decision-making in its tracks. Step 1 is to release Burnett (who wants out anyway), and step 2 is to do something other than pay Bud 9+ million. Trade him, work out a new smaller deal or cut him. Whatever. Just do NOT tie up $9 million on that lottery ticket, because the odds of him becoming a stud are about as good as winning a lottery jackpot.

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    I don't know about balk but we're about to strike out if we pay him 9 mil. Anyone who thinks these young guys like Watt ,Conner and JUJU if they continue their path of success are gonna sign team friendly deals because they are nice guys are fooling themselves. They will be looking for market value that matches their production. Their agents and the NFLPA will demand it for future player contracts. Mr. Nice Guy today can easily be your PE number 1 tomorrow. Keep that in mind.....

16. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    I didn’t Know AB got a team friendly deal or that the offer of 70 million for Bell was team friendly.

Now if you are talking about guaranteed money then yes, I expect the Steele’s to operate as usual and JuJu and Conner to sign and play under their contracts like every other player on the team not named AB and Bell. You’re fooling yourself if you don’t think it was their personalities that led to those conflicts.

17. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    AB was the highest paid WR at the time of his signed contract. Steelers have and do pay productive players,
    nobody would suggest the above players are going to give the hometown discount to the Steelers and the Steelers
    wouldn't ask for it any way. The Steelers have always paid at the cap threshold. Up until you had AB and Bell
    with their me first attitude the Steelers have been known to take care of their own.

• Winner Winner x 1
  18. thesteeldeal

Oct 18, 2011
    Time will tell.....money talks bull**** walks

19. thesteeldeal

Oct 18, 2011
    See my response below:smiley1:.......above now:smiley1:

20. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Ben will probably get his contract extension done this week, that will free up more cap space before FA. Also cut Burnett, and maybe a few contract restructures will free up more money.

• Agree Agree x 2
  21. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    I'm looking forward to whatever it's called when a team loses a large portion of their talent in a short period of time and the majority of the remaining talent is aging or aged and their cap number isn't great, so they turn to the draft and free agency to improve what they have over the course of multiple seasons.

• Like Like x 1
  22. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Go root for your Cowboys, since you think the Steelers can't do anything right.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  23. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    Don’t hate lol

• Like Like x 1
  24. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

Shazier is the most devastating one; all the more reason I will not be surprised if they trade up for who I believe they just might trade up for. Pro Day's are still going on no less. 2019 is shaping up to be a most interesting story.

Regarding the trade up, if you think the Terrell Edmunds pick was bad, should they truly trade for quite possibly the most controversial defensive player in this draft, hold onto your proverbial seats!

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  25. SC Gamecock

SC Gamecock

Oct 18, 2011
    Worilds, Jones, Dupree....for every Watt there’s been many more duds

• Dislike Dislike x 1