1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Cancelling a reply...

Discussion in 'Need Help?' started by Bleedsteel, May 3, 2012.

1. Bleedsteel

Bleedsteel

Oct 16, 2011
    Occasionally, when I am typing a reply to a thread, I realize, that I just really don`t want to say, what I was about to say, after reading what I typed.
    Is there a "cancel" button, somewhere on the page where I am typing my reply?
    I see the "Preview", "Submit", and "Save as Draft", buttons, but usually, in these cases, I don`t even want to save the draft. Just delete the whole reply.
    Is there a "delete reply" option, I am not seeing?
    I usually just close the whole browser page down, to avoid "double posting", or posting something I don`t want to in the first place.
    Is there an easier way to cancel a reply?
    (And you can ignore this same question, in the "Logging In" thread. I was just trying to refresh my memory of what the page looked like, where you type replies...) :hehehe:

2. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    There isn't a cancel button, but to avoid submitting your typed post, you just navigate away from the page without pressing submit. So, click the link at the top of the page back to the forum you were in, or the Board index. It won't save your message.

3. Bleedsteel

Bleedsteel

Oct 16, 2011
    Thanx. Seems like an obvious solution, when you put it like that... LOL. ;)
    And, thanks again, for creating a board where questions are answered, and concerns are actually adressed, instead of being run by some, unknown, faceless, never present "gods"...
    YOU ROCK!!!!