1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Canada disputes Tomlin/Ben on 4th and 10 dump to Najee

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Maddog78, Oct 1, 2021.

1. Confluence

Confluence Well-Known Member

Jan 22, 2017
    so are you saying, hypothetically, that if they did not bring Ben back that wld be ripe for Dobbs to be more a part of their plans moving forward, a mobile QB, who can throw despite naysayers, to have a more prominent role, w/o Ben it wld b a UFC match between Haskins and Mason and than Dobbs

2. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Don’t know, one of them or maybe a draft pick. Just know a decrepit old man that waddles was the worst choice.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. Confluence

Confluence Well-Known Member

Jan 22, 2017
    after reviewing that 4th and 10 play, you may have a point

4. Steel Hog

Steel Hog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2017
    I get the feeling when they hired Canada they knew he was going to be OC the next year. How many position coaches get to be a coordinator after 1 yr and being mostly a college coach previously? SMH

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Thigpen82

Thigpen82 Bitter optimist

Oct 17, 2011
    They tried someone who was Ben’s style… Fichtner achieved **** all.

6. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    I’ve watched this play many, many times. First of all, the slot is not wide open until the defender leaves him because he saw the ball come out of Ben’s hand and reacted (actually a great reaction by the slot corner). However the slot was the best option, provided that the ball was thrown with enough loft to pass over the dropping linebacker. The coverage on the slot was going to be trailing and to the outside based on the way that the slot corner was moving before the ball was thrown. That left open a throw in front of the WR deep in the end zone. Moore was beaten badly by the DE, but there was enough time for Ben to plant and make a decisive throw, and then take the hit. Most starting QBs accept that he they will be taking a hit there to deliver a pass to the back of the end zone on 4th and 10. Ben’s story that the WRs were supposed to be blocking doesn’t hold up. If one of them blocked, and the other didn’t, he could claim that the one who ran a route made a mistake, but the fact that they both headed to the end zone exposes the inaccurate statement.

A few weeks ago someone pointed out that Ben didn’t see DJ breaking open deep on a double move, but on that play a film review showed that Ben made the correct read and throw in that situation. In this case Ben didn’t. Not even close. Both the pre-snap and post-snap reads show the slot as the highest probability throw. The dump off to Najee needed Najee to make get a mega-dose of gamma radiation before the play in order for him to have a chance.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  7. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    Hindsight, the cruelest & most astute of all advisors.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. PWP

PWP Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    I am sure that Mike doesn't want Teams to know his QB can be fooled that easily,,I am sure Ben doesn't want anyone to know he can be fooled that easily..Canada is like F that **** I didn't call that play in that situation nor would I ...

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Maddog78

Maddog78 Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2020
    Ben doesn't do that anymore.

• Like Like x 1
  10. D0bre Shunka

D0bre Shunka Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2012
    I don’t care, it was an awful call period. Just AWFUL!

11. Roonatic

Sep 4, 2017
    Why does Canada jump ship every few years? Is he asked to leave?

• Winner Winner x 1
  12. Roonatic

Sep 4, 2017
    Canada can't even spell Matthew. :sword:

13. Brice

Brice Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2018
    I think that is why Tomlin has Canada locked up in a booth far away from Ben.

This could have been a huge fight on the sideline as Canada would have ben in Ben's face of why he didn't allow the play to develop.

Right now Ben is destroying Canada's offense and this could hurt his NFL Coaching Career if people start believing that what we are seeing is all Canada brings to the table as an offensive coach.

14. Roonatic

Sep 4, 2017
    What has Canada brought to the table? A motion offense, uses it to help Ben. Pey Pey under center after the neck injections? I don't remember that too much. Enjoy the ride & you won't be disappointed that it ends.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Brice

Brice Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2018
    What? Are you saying that you believe what we are seeing now is Canadas offense and he doesn't bring much to the table because his offense looks so bad right now? This is why Canada is going to have to start calling out Ben and his bad play to save his future in the NFL.

No clue as to the Peyton Manning reference. The 2015 season the Broncos found a way to win even with Manning playing so bad. They still managed to start the season with 7 straight wins.; much like the Steelers last year. Manning was eventually in 2015 benched, his final year with the Broncos in the regular season: 9 TDs, 17 Ints, with a passer rating of 67.9

If Manning would have come back in 2016 for another year, he would have probably looked like Ben is looking now.

16. shaner82

shaner82 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    I disagree. He could have stepped into the pocket.

17. Roonatic

Sep 4, 2017
    I'm saying that Canada is a wash, doesn't matter who his qb is. NFL already has him figured out like most good college teams. :shrug:

We tremble in anticipation.

• Winner Winner x 1
  18. lewisha

lewisha Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    Najee going hulk-mode, lol! Good one, Elvis.

• Like Like x 1
  19. lewisha

lewisha Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    Respectfully, I disagree. NFL leaned into what they realized about the Steelers from last year with Fichtner ; a QB who can't throw accurately past 20 yards anymore, so guard the first 20 yards and your chance of beating the Steelers increases by about a 1000%. Until you have a QB who can be under center 90% of the time, who can also complete throws downfield, we won't see Canada's true offense.

• Winner Winner x 1
  20. Brice

Brice Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2018
    Agreed, Canada needs to start separating himself from Ben and letting everyone know this is not his offense or he could find himself out before the end of the season.

Tomlin may have to make a choice during the bye week who stays and who goes between Ben and Canada if they head into the bye at 1-5

This will turn into Ben vs Canada: Who you got?

21. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Canada isn’t running his offense, this is the same **** we saw the last 7 weeks of last season.

The silver lining for him is they should be in a position to get a QB in here that can run his system. Not saying that system or QB will be a success but right now he is handcuffed by Ben.

22. Roonatic

Sep 4, 2017
    Exactly why he's a wash imo, has special needs. I'm basing my reasoning on what Canada has done without Ben & what Ben has done without Canada. Canada has ants in his pants, well because he has to. The offense is catered for Ben, who needs some new wrinkles at this point in his career. Ben has everyone upset because he's washed too.

Ben won 11 games last year with Fitchner. Canada was looking for a job before the Steelers called. Guy is not getting promoted or sticking with teams, why?

Why is Ben allowed to throw the ball 58 times? I'm saying because no one confronts him. Put in a different package, use 2 tes, run the damn ball. OC stuff that Canada should be trying.

I get that he hasn't had a chance to polish the motion offense. In our small sample size that we have this year & the beginning of last year, his offense looks like it confuses the offense more than it does the defense.

I'm doing my best to be respectful Lewisha, thanks for your input, I respect your opinion. I'm pulling for Canada to turn things around with Ben, without Ben. The hill might be too steep given what he has to work with in the next 3 years. We find another playmaker to accompany Najee & learn how to run the ball again, Canada has potential.

Cheers

• Like Like x 1
  23. Roonatic

Sep 4, 2017
    Ben's been handcuffing the O for years now Blast. 11 wins out of him last year until the bottom fell out. I think we haven't hit rock bottom yet with this offense, it'll happen without Ben behind center. Just my observations.

• Agree Agree x 2
  24. Roonatic

Sep 4, 2017
    Ben isn't getting benched for multiple reasons.
    1. THE veteran qb
    2. According to our experts, Ben runs the offense, Canada picks his nose in the press box.
    3. The team isn't going to rally behind Mason imo, they'll throw in the towel.
    4. Ben's retirement tour, we don't have D. Jones #1 franchise superstar to fool the defenses. :lolol:

Canada wins over Ben when Ben can't get up or next year.

• Like Like x 1
  25. Roonatic

Sep 4, 2017
    Canada: garbage in garbage out
    This is his legacy to date.

& enough of this not being his offense. Take responsibility or take your wimpy azz someplace else.

• Like Like x 1