1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Can you believe what's going on with Santonio Holmes??!!

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by JackAttack 5958, Jan 1, 2012.

1. KnoxVegasSteel

KnoxVegasSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    He must have been stoned.

2. HugeSnack

HugeSnack Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    What morons made him captain in the first place? There are plenty of "real" football players on that offense. By that I mean guys with talent that are also good off the field, in the huddle, in the locker room, without major mental damage. Mangold, Ferguson, Tomlinson...

3. Steeldefense08

Steeldefense08 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    the guy is a tool. ego maniac

4. steelers5859

steelers5859 Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    outside of the off-the-field crap, I'd prefer Holmes over Wallace.
    Can you imagine Holmes+Brown? :bowdown:[/quote:8fp82xgy]

Agree. How soon people forget what he did for us. I think they were a little hasty to get rid of him. I think it was because Ben was going through his mess and wanted to send a message. Tomlin had him under control and that stuff would not have happen in Pittsburgh. Tomlin would have reeled him in quick. Holmes and Brown would be deadly.

5. JackAttack 5958

JackAttack 5958 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011

Agree. How soon people forget what he did for us. I think they were a little hasty to get rid of him. I think it was because Ben was going through his mess and wanted to send a message. Tomlin had him under control and that stuff would not have happen in Pittsburgh. Tomlin would have reeled him in quick. Holmes and Brown would be deadly.[/quote:2a4ueulk]

Having Holmes on this team with Antonio Brown and the other young WRs would be disastrous. He is like a cancer and would not be the type of guy you'd want around these young men. Too much wakin' and bakin'.

6. steelers5859

steelers5859 Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011

Agree. How soon people forget what he did for us. I think they were a little hasty to get rid of him. I think it was because Ben was going through his mess and wanted to send a message. Tomlin had him under control and that stuff would not have happen in Pittsburgh. Tomlin would have reeled him in quick. Holmes and Brown would be deadly.[/quote:3or51jmb]

Having Holmes on this team with Antonio Brown and the other young WRs would be disastrous. He is like a cancer and would not be the type of guy you'd want around these young men. Too much wakin' and bakin'.[/quote:3or51jmb]

With the veterans on this team i doubt Holmes would be a problem. Hines Ward is "old money" in the young money crew, he would put a stop to it immediately..

7. Steeldefense08

Steeldefense08 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    I find it funny that the jets didnt make the playoffs after Rex talking smack and the offseason pick ups

8. cory_86

cory_86 Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    both annoying Ryans are watching the playoffs from home :good:

9. NorthFLSteel

NorthFLSteel Member

Jan 1, 2012
    ...and hopefully the two whiny Harbaughs are soon to follow....

10. cory_86

cory_86 Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    i'm having nightmares of a SF-Rats super bowl ... would be the line from "alien vs predators": whoever wins, we lose

11. GB_Steel

GB_Steel Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2011
    :roflmao:

I can't stand either of those two guys and can only hope that they both lose their first game.

12. lostyank

lostyank Well-Known Member

Oct 28, 2011
    I'll have to book a desert island vacation for a couple of weeks, if that happens.

13. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Lots of talent, dopehead! Likes his dope better than playing football.

14. 43FOLyfe!

43FOLyfe! Well-Known Member

Nov 27, 2011
    Can you imagine Holmes+Brown? :bowdown:[/quote:3qp3bcnh]

I'm hoping Wallace improves his game still. Like fighting for the ball, coming to it and also breaking up bad passes. Seems like he quits to easily.[/quote:3qp3bcnh]

I have been noticing that, of late, he has been quitting early on the ball.

15. sjromano

sjromano Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2011
    Can you imagine Holmes+Brown? :bowdown:[/quote:oxplcwo0]

I'm hoping Wallace improves his game still. Like fighting for the ball, coming to it and also breaking up bad passes. Seems like he quits to easily.[/quote:oxplcwo0]

I have been noticing that, of late, he has been quitting early on the ball.[/quote:oxplcwo0]

Sort of..I've been noticing that unless the ball is right on the money, or where he can just accelerate in a straight line to get it, he won't adjust to make the catch (or break up an INT). Brown did exactly what I'm talking about yesterday on that amazing over the shoulder grab - nice adjustment since the ball wasn't right there.

16. diehardsteel

diehardsteel Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Agree but wish we could have done better than getting a 5th round pick for him. Super bowl MVP for a low draft pick = bad deal. But that's old news and Im happy he's gone!

:thumbs_up:

17. JackAttack 5958

JackAttack 5958 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011

Having Holmes on this team with Antonio Brown and the other young WRs would be disastrous. He is like a cancer and would not be the type of guy you'd want around these young men. Too much wakin' and bakin'.[/quote:15gdcig8]

With the veterans on this team i doubt Holmes would be a problem. Hines Ward is "old money" in the young money crew, he would put a stop to it immediately..[/quote:15gdcig8]

Uh, excuse me? Hines was on the team when Tone was beating the snot out of his girlfriend, getting pulled over with drug paraphernalia and making references to smoking weed in his tweets. Didn't seem to help then.

18. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011

Having Holmes on this team with Antonio Brown and the other young WRs would be disastrous. He is like a cancer and would not be the type of guy you'd want around these young men. Too much wakin' and bakin'.[/quote:mnmp5dul]

With the veterans on this team i doubt Holmes would be a problem. Hines Ward is "old money" in the young money crew, he would put a stop to it immediately..[/quote:mnmp5dul]

Uh, excuse me? Hines was on the team when Tone was beating the snot out of his girlfriend, getting pulled over with drug paraphernalia and making references to smoking weed in his tweets. Didn't seem to help then.[/quote:mnmp5dul]

All off field issues, as far as I know he wasn't blowing up the locker room like he has done with the Jets. He also wasn't pulling punk moves and quitting on the field and starting fights in the huddle. I don't expect the vets to baby sit and hold these guys hands away from the field but they do keep them in line on the field.

19. NM Steelers Fan

NM Steelers Fan Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2012
    The problem with Wallace is, at first only we knew how good he is. Now everyone knows. He's gonna draw the better CB now, when it used to be Hines.