1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

CAN WE GET BELL INVOLVED IN PASSING GAME?

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Wardismvp, Jan 21, 2017.

1. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    I hope so tomorrow, he can be difference maker, I believe we have
    not checked down enough to him these last 6 weeks. He can be a mismatch
    nightmare in the passing game.

2. Thigpen82

Thigpen82 Bitter optimist

Oct 17, 2011
    I don't know to what extent the chiefs were keeping him covered last week. James seemed to be used more as the guy to check down to, and he was open a lot.

For me, the game will be as much about guys like James, Hamilton and Rogers exploiting the attention on AB and Bell.

3. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Bell is a better receiver than most nfl teams have starting at wr position. Lets target Bell 5-8 times in the
    passing game.

4. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    We might have to and we should. They will key on stopping the run and I don't see how they can stop both. When they lost to Seattle their RB Procise had like 60 + rushing and over 80 receiving and I'm pretty sure Bell is way better at both. It's a must we stay ahead of the sticks,so check down often. I don't see how they stop a well designed and executed gameplan at least between the 20s .Where the running game needs to be at its best is in the red zone. Ben needs to be sure when/ where he is throwing the ball. Please look before you throw....I like DHB,Coates and the sure handed Hamilton over the top of their D gotta keep them honest. I like what Jesse has been doing and Grimble if no Green exploiting the seams. AB,Rogers and Ayers for everything underneath.

5. Diamond

Diamond Well-Known Member

May 26, 2012
    Didnt every team we played this year want to stop Bell from running, they want to stop him in this game but can they, easier said than done, he has an nfl record in rushing in two post season games and I expect him to have another record day, maybe in both running and receiving, keeping 8 in the box all day isnt smart defense.....Didnt the rats try to stop him with supposedly the best run defense in the league, he still had 122 yards rushing....

Last edited: Jan 22, 2017