1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Can we finally all admit Tomlin is garbage?

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by WattDaHell, Sep 18, 2022.

1. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    I know what you wrote

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  2. Beerburgh

Beerburgh Well-Known Member

Jul 8, 2022
    He can't manage a freaking game clock, either. Disgusted at the mediocrity we accept that comes with Tomlin. Puke.

3. Beerburgh

Jul 8, 2022
    Tomlin will sit him the entire year if he has it his way. He wants that fat paycheck as long as humanely possible and will be more than happy to get a free year of salary this year and next while we are "evaluating" Kenny.

4. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    But we've got to keep the loonies on the grass (or field). :guitarplayer:

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. Disco1981

Disco1981 Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2017
    Yep...I know what I typed to, and corrected it after you pointed it out to me ( Is that allowed on YOUR board ) I made a mistake, Sorry Mr. Perfect... I'll try not to ever make a typo again...Thanks for pointing it out though when someone makes a mistake, like you always do...Must be awesome to be perfect like you Glenn

6. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    I called you glib because you point to an interception and only play to the MOF and think that explains it all away. I have two years of watching with two different QB’s, one a future Hall of Famer having the same problems and you want to pretend it has nothing to do with play design. Those charts that show where the passes are going are identical to Bens. It’s a problem.

7. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    In a similar vein, whenever I have a back and forth with someone here it makes me think of this song.

:sneak:

• Like Like x 1
  8. Hardini68

Hardini68 Well-Known Member

Dec 3, 2018
    He will never admit a mistake
    The real question is when will Tomlin fire Rooney ?

• Like Like x 1
  9. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Isn't Gunner responsible for counting the number of players on the field, he made two mistakes on that play then.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  10. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Danny Smith special teams unit helped them beat the Bengals, with Minkah blocking that XP.

11. Jim90

Jim90 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Yeah just watched it on you tube, thought the one off the face was intercepted.

• Like Like x 1
  12. BURGH43STEL

BURGH43STEL Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    Possible reason why the QB didn't throw the ball to the middle of the field? Possible reason why the coaches didn't call more play designs to the middle of the field? I didn't explain anything away. I gave possible reasons.

Flim bro watch some film. Review the schematics.

Ben wasn't the same HOF QB post injury. Everyone could see this. As a result, he struggled to push the ball down the field consistently.

Where the passes were thrown and where the WR's go are different issues.

That being said, there were WR's and passes that were thrown to the middle of the field. Passes were thrown deep. IMO the bigger issues was the lack of consistently EXECUTING DOWN FIELD PASSES and not the schematics. Players and coaches tell fans this all the time. The review of the ALL 22 tells shows you this. Football is a game that boils down to execution.

MT has only played two games with this team. We will see what happens going forward.

13. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    If you want to send your posts to me to proof read first I can handle that for you.

By the way I’m just busting your balls.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Beerburgh

Jul 8, 2022

Tomlin is a clown and his nut-huggers are bigger clowns.

15. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    So who are the nut huggers you’re referring to?

16. Steelrules

Steelrules Well-Known Member

May 12, 2013
    Danny Smith’s special team did save the game there, but it wouldn’t have happened if their LS had not gone out with an injury.

17. GtownNCSteeler

GtownNCSteeler Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2018
    If Tomlin can’t beat this sorry ass New England team and Belicheck in his house,, he will never win a Super Bowl with HIS team. The only one that he won was wrapped in a bow and hand delivered. I could have won a SB with that team! I never thought coaches could choke as much as he does but wow he is class choker and still hasn’t learned from it!

18. StillCurtain

StillCurtain Well-Known Member

Dec 24, 2018

I would have to agree with this sentiment. I go to a steelers bar to watch the games and the same hopes and optimisms are expressed among everyone there when we chat as game goes on. Many of the viewpoints and concerns are the same as well with some variations. But no one is there to question another person's love for the team. We are all celebrating when we win and bummed out when we lose. Sometimes we get passionate and places like this forum and the steeler bars are where we can also go to complain almost for therapeutic reasons like you do with family because with family you won't judge too harshly because you love the same thing. May come off as corny to some and that's fine but it's just the way I view it because the steelers have been a part of my life since I can remember.

19. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Easy to answer. I actually have some of the same criticisms as others, but you just seem intent on finding new bizarre angles on things. I don’t like you. You make trollish posts. It’s annoying

20. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    I thought he retired

Sorry I had to stick that in here :smiley1:

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  21. Disco1981

Mar 20, 2017
    I screwed up, and you caught it... You're to quick for the old man :drinks:

22. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    I have people watching for me

23. Disco1981

Mar 20, 2017
    LMAO... I'm sure you do :blink:

• Like Like x 1
  24. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Doesn't matter what we think, the Rooney's are not going to get rid of MTomlin

• Agree Agree x 1
  25. MeanJoeBlue

MeanJoeBlue Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2013
    I think we need to lock in the same room the fans who are willing to have the team be terrible in order to load up on draft talent for the rebuild, with the fans who are outraged that the team is doing poorly while rebuilding.

Noll drafted Greene & Greenwood in 1969, Bradshaw & Blount in 1970, and Ham & White in 1971. Was he "hot garbage" for having a losing season in 1971, despite all the talent on the team? Or were there still position weaknesses and lack of depth?

• Like Like x 2