1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Can this offense average 30 points a game?

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by 86WardsWay, Sep 21, 2015.

1. SteelerJJ

SteelerJJ Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    That'll be tough to do with games like the upcoming on with the Rams. Good front 4's give us problems

I was thinking the same about the letdown last season. Maybe it's partly match-ups? The Steelers do seem to struggle with good front 4s.

2. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    This is also a Rams front seven that gave up huge chunks of yards to a rookie RB and an improved Oline in the Skins to the point of Jeff Fisher comparing them to Dallas last year so they can be run on and that will open up the play action

3. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Same here, but I am hoping for an improving defense. I think we will be in a lot of shoot outs.

4. BowlsOfSteel

BowlsOfSteel Active Member

Jan 4, 2012
    Guess you might be right. But isn't it a good feeling to have Ben, Brown, Bell on our side? Soon a hopefully regenerated Bryant.
    Williams is doing a hell of a job at the moment and Heath is just Heath. I'm not worried.

5. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    Good front 4's give us problems because they manhandle our finesse O line. See Jags, Bucs, Jets, Ravens etc.

6. BowlsOfSteel

BowlsOfSteel Active Member

Jan 4, 2012
    OK, then lets have a first test on sunday. I think we can outsmart them.

7. Steel_in_DC

Steel_in_DC Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2012
    Usually the best way to stop an aggressive D Line is with well designed run plays (draws, delays) and screen passes. If there was ever a game for Bell to show what he is capable of this is it. I think we need to see a line from Bell something like 16 carries 75 yards, 5 catches 63 yards with a TD thrown in there to boot.