1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Can any WR get open?

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by DDinAZsteel1, Oct 12, 2017.

1. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Eli>Hunter .......IMO.

2. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    return to the active roster, like he will do this Sunday

3. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    If he gets a hat, dont expect to see many snaps. JuJu offers so much more than Eli ever could.

4. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    And if they move JuJu outside, taking snaps from Bryant, like Ben hinted at earlier this week, then we'll see JSS and Eli on the field at the same time.

5. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    I hope not. Have to get Bryant and Ben to hook up on those plays. Offense is so much more dangerous when those two were connecting.

It would help if they stop running Bryant horizontal so much and send him vertical more.

Really dont understand what Eli brings. Guess I feel the same way about him as you do about Coates :lolol:

6. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    Doesn’t matter who we have because every receiver will be triple covered lol

7. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Crossing routes are just fine. You just don't throw a 2 yard route when it's 3rd and 8.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. theRealeHarris

theRealeHarris Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2016
    Yes, yes Big Ben will :matrix0:

9. Busman

Busman

Oct 18, 2011

I literally watched this video and saw 2 passes which were not great passes .. right on the mark for most.. I dont think we see the same thing in Rogers and Ben

10. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    I'm happy to see Eli get a hat again. He's no star, but he's an effective slot option. In 4 WR sets I'd rather see Eli as the 4th guy than Hunter or DHB

• Agree Agree x 6
  11. PWP

PWP Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    At the 1.05 mark Eli has to wait the ball is not out front he can't beat the safety to the edge.At the 1.28 mark the ball is clearly high and Eli must leave his feet , if hit in stride he probably scores. At the 1.39 mark Eli has to stop and wait again for the ball he still almost scores.At 1.45 ball is way behind Eli.At 2.04 the ball is behind again and Eli reaches back and makes a great catch.At 2.45 the ball is high Eli has to reach up over his head by the time he tucks it he can'y avoid the last defender . Same type of thing at 3.00 minutes.Eli has to wait because ball was not out front Eli can't beat his guy to the sideline.At 3.12 with lots of space Eli is forced to go to the ground for the catch.No yac because of the throw.

The last throw at 3.20 the same thing ball is late and low. Eli has to almost stop reach down and then take off again . Decent yac but yac greatly effected by ball placement .

12. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    Rogers should get a hat this week. Hunter has done nothing. JuJu is a rising star, the third receiver and could be #2 if Bryant keeps struggling. Rogers will get a chance for redemption and is a better option as the #4. To many deep balls being thrown, need to move the chains, eat up clock to keep KC off the field. But this all hinges on the play of Ben. The Ben/Brown show has resulted in loss. The need is to spread the ball around and stop being predictable. Also, get the ball into Bells hands. This Offense has been pedestrian. Guess we will see if Ben is still one of the greatest or I don't think I have it anymore after Sundays contest. This is a pivotal game because if they get to the playoffs KC is a team they might be seeing again...

13. Busman

Busman

Oct 18, 2011

I agree whole heartedly. Watch out though.. PWP and DHB are kin lol

14. JackAttack 5958

JackAttack 5958 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Eli Rogers would be a star playing slot for Brady. I'm sure BB would love to have him with Edelman out for the season.

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Next you'll be saying he should be playing single high safety.

16. JackAttack 5958

Oct 18, 2011
    Had anyone heard of Wes Welker before he went to the Pats?:shrug: Edelman's career exploded up there. Rogers would have 80-100 receptions as the slot receiver in the Pats offense with Brady throwing him the ball with the emphasis that they put on that position and their style of offense.

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Yes, this is the common theme, that all NE players suck and the great Brady makes them superstars. Maybe perhaps they just have more talented receivers than they get credit for.

Wes was a damn good football player, concussions did him in after leaving NE. He was still playing at a high level after he left them until his noggin got too dinged up.

Has Ayers made the 53 up there yet? Hes as good as Rogers IMO.

18. JackAttack 5958

Oct 18, 2011
    I'm talking more about the pre-Pats Welker with the Dolphins than the post-Pats Welker with the Broncos. Rogers is a MUCH BETTER slot receiver than Ayers, IMHO. Ben does not use a slot receiver effectively AT ALL. Brady is a master at utilizing his slot guy.

19. thesteeldeal

Oct 18, 2011
    They demand that their players execute at the highest level or they go out and find ones that do. That's why they seem that be able to take no name players and make them stars. As much as I despise Brady he is the ultimate competitor,like Jordan was in hoops. They hate to lose and are willing to put in whatever work it takes to be the best. That work ethic is what separates the really good ones from the greatest to play the game(any sport). No matter how good you are,you can't get by on talent alone....not if you want to be considered the best.
    They have a coach and QB with that mentality and we don't.......simple.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. JackAttack 5958

Oct 18, 2011
    I remember a point in the Super Bowl last year when the Pats were down big and it looked pretty hopeless for them. Brady was pumped up and was pumping up his team as if they were up by three scores instead of down by three. He was showing true leadership on the sidelines. Compare and contrast that to Ben last week. Ben's body language and overall "woe is me " demeanor, both during and after the game, was very "Cutler-esque".

21. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    AB, bryant, eli, juju and bell as the 5th option out of the backfield. mix the TE's in at times for run pass options and play action passing. keep at least 3 wr's on the field at all times with bell as the 4th option but out of the backfield. get the extra lineman out of there for better pass catching. spread them out and run the ball or at least play action scenarios. make those defenses run and have to cover all over the field. bryant and juju are good blocking wrs. :cool:

22. thesteeldeal

Oct 18, 2011
    I love what Ben has brought to this team....with that being said I stopped making comparisons and thinking Ben was in his class a long time ago.

23. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Welker was a rookie with the Dolphins putting up about the same numbers Rogers did here. I doubt we'll ever know what Brady could do with him.

To me he looks like what he is, an undrafted receiver with average skills. Ayers looked more explosive and he could play outside as well as inside. That alone made him more valuable IMO.

Seeing as how they are using JuJu, I dont think it mattered much who would have been here, Rogers or Ayers.

24. PWP

PWP Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    DHB would make a lot better single high guy than Mike or Davis . The first skill needed is speed . Clown all you want he has much more of that than any Safety on the roster . Exactly why I say he is the best fit on the roster to run that position.

Just because our Coaches are loyal to a fault doesn't mean his skill set is not the best for that look. Proof is in the long run last game . He would have run that play down.Period.Exactly the reason he can play that position.

25. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    If only switching positions in the pros was as easy as it is in HS.

If only speed was all that was needed to play safety.

What a hoot.

• Agree Agree x 1