1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Camp Report

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Ben There, Aug 14, 2017.

1. Ben There

Ben There Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2011
    For Sunday Aug.13th.
    Shirt pocket notes from Camp:
    Sunday was another Beautiful Day in Latrobe. The Team worked for 2 hours and 20 minutes in full pads.
    _The most pleasant surprise was to see Artie Burns Dressed and being a full participant. He had some EPIC battles with A.B. during a 20 minute D.B. vs. W.R. drill. The crowd of over 10,000 which lined the hills grew quite and watched intently when they would line up opposite each other, which they did about 80 per cent of the time. They also met up later in a ones vs. ones-- 7 on 7 drill.
    _Yesterday was a good day for the D. as they won the majority of those battles. Some days it just happens that way.
    _Injured players who did not take part: Shazier, Demarcus Ayers, Landry Jones, Sammy Coates, James H, Senquez Golson, Mike Mitchell and Markice Pouncey. B.J. Finney played center with the 1st. team.
    _Other injured players who dressed and did limited work: JuJu Schuster,James Conner,Big Al, Cam Sutton.
    _It was Martavius Bryants first full practice and on his 1st. W.R. Vs. D.B. he blew the doors off ross Cockrell at the line for a T.D. and he looked explosive but maybe needs to shake off some rust as he did little after that.
    _A lot of work on the running game after Fridays meager running yards. The 2nd. team O-Line actually ran the ball better yesterday than the makeshift 1st line.
    _Players who looked good: Artie Burns,Matt Feiler,Knile Davis, B.J. Finney, Chris Hubbard, Cobi Hamilton, Justin Hunter,Stephon Tuitt, Tyler Manakovich, Jacob Hagan, Xavier Grimble. And yes I did have my Binocs trainned on the line play most of the day.
    _One thing to remember about "looking good" for one Camp session--Kordell Stewart always looked All Pro every Camp! LOL!
    _Players who need to step it up: (In my view) Josh Dobbs-- very inaccurate passing, Fitz Toussant--Needs to not go down on first contact, Eli Rodgers--Makes the hard catches, drops easy ones!, Cainen Serviern--dropped a ton of balls,Vince Williams--He's a starter now, play like it! Robert Golden--looks lost at times and I thought Hagen out played him yesterday.
    _ John Mitchell doesn't get enough acclaim for his work.
    _So strange to not see Dan Rooney at Camp! Rest in Peace!
    _No more lovely place on Earth than Latrobe Pa.!
    _Is it just me or do The Steelers when they get inside the oppositions 5 yard line and I want them to "Ram it down their throats" they throw 3 times! Yes they did it yesterday!
    _All that said my evaluation is this is a Super Bowl Ready Team!
    Go Steelers!

Last edited: Aug 14, 2017
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 1
  2. Ben There

Oct 20, 2011
    After I wrote this I saw the Steelers cut W.R. Serviern and signed an outside L.B.

3. Ben There

Oct 20, 2011
    This team is loaded at W.R.!

• Agree Agree x 1