1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Cam Sutton is back!

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Steelersfan43, Jun 5, 2024.

1. SteelerNole

SteelerNole Well-Known Member

Nov 24, 2019
    Ok, whatever. SMH

2. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    Now try reading my post again. I wrote that he was accused, not that he did it. Gotta love when an attempted gotcha fails so spectacularly as yours just did. :lolol:

• Like Like x 1
  3. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    Translation: You have no argument for the point. Thanks for playing.

4. Steelpens65

Steelpens65 Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2021
    It was more of a joke than trying to be politically correct

5. Steelpens65

Nov 28, 2021
    He does have an argument… Ben and Harrison accused not criminally charged. Vick and Sutton criminally charged, one went to prison the other downgraded to a misdemeanor.
    Dont get me wrong, I am happy with the return of Sutton.

6. Steelpens65

Nov 28, 2021
    I bet you think Mike Tyson actually raped that woman who came to his door at 1 am. Of course he was criminally charged but that was a Don King production.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    I don't think you know what politically correct means.

8. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    Harrison was criminally charged. If I remember correctly, they were able to make it go away because they convinced the woman not to press charges.

Read the accounts of what we know Roethlisberger did that night in Georgia. We don't know what happened in that bathroom, but everything leading up to it is disgusting.

No, Sutton's situation is not worse, so no, he doesn't have a valid argument.

9. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    Now you are going to bring in unrelated conspiracy theories? I don't have an opinion on whether or not Tyson raped that woman.

10. Brice

Brice Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2018
    I thought Sutton pleaded guilty to the Domestic Violence charges and was entering the diversion program to eventually have them removed from his record. (Charged March 31st, and plead guilty on April 8th) IF he was claiming that he was 100% innocent he would not have entered the diversion program, and would be going to court to fight the charges.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id...eron-sutton-enters-pretrial-diversion-program
    Sutton entered the batterers' intervention program April 8, according to the Hillsborough County (Florida) records, which show he isn't allowed to have weapons or firearms and will have to undergo a mental health evaluation.

He also is subject to a probationary period and isn't allowed contact with the victim, according to the records.

This is why I am assuming the league will give him a 6 game suspension for his 1st Domestic violence offence. (2nd DV offense and you are banned from the league for life)

Last edited: Jun 11, 2024
  11. steelersrock151

steelersrock151 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    This is what's known, in NY at least, as a ACD, or adjournment in contemplation of dismissal. It is neither a guilty plea or a non-guilty plea. It is an agreement between the DA and the defendant in non-serious, usually first offense, cases. Once the conditions of the ACD are met, all charges are dismissed. It is not an admission of guilt, as much as you'd like to make it that. Cases like this can take a year or more to make it to court, and allows the person charged to get on with their life, rather than fight the charges, spend a year and thousands of dollars in limbo fighting a case where you're at the mercy of 12 people who couldn't get out of jury duty.

• Winner Winner x 1
  12. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
  13. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    If He didn't rape her .....what part of what He did was disgusting????
    Unless You don't prefer women (which I'm not accusing anyone of)....I don't know what part is disgusting between 2 people if it's not rape.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Brice

Brice Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2018
    Hey I think you might be right. In Florida for a pretrial diversion you do not need to enter a plea. (I don't know if this was a deferred adjudication or a pretrial diversion)

Diversion programs
    In Florida, diversion programs are available for those facing certain crimes. Additionally, these programs consider the defendant’s criminal history, as this could impact their eligibility. While they could go by various names, a diversion program is an alternative sentencing program. They could fall under the category of deferred adjudication or pretrial diversion.

For a deferred adjudication, this requires that the defendant pleads guilty or no contest to the charges at first. While the court does not enter a judgment of guilt at this time, it lays out the conditions that the defendant must meet. Once these requirements are fulfilled, the charges will be dismissed. As a result, the defendant will not have a criminal record concerning this charge.

In contrast, pretrial diversion will remove the defendant from prosecution. This means no plea of guilt or contest will be made. At this point, the prosecution will halt the case for the defendant to meet the conditions set. Thus, if the defendant fails, the matter can move forward to trial.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  15. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    You really should read the account of what happened. He went to a bar for college students and got a woman who was under 21 drunk to the point that she couldn't have possibly consented to anything. He went to the bathroom, then had his buddies, including Willie Colon and an off-duty state cop, bring her to him and guard the door. That's just a short version of it. It's worse when you read the full account. At best, he was a scumbag.

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. SteelerNole

Nov 24, 2019
    Real translation: i obviously have don’t care as much as you. Obsess elsewhere

17. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    Yet you keep responding. It's okay. You made a foolish point. It happens.

18. Steelpens65

Nov 28, 2021
    This guy is an auto correct machine. Who needs AI when we have @Formerscribe

19. Steelpens65

Nov 28, 2021
    So what does that make Colon and the cop? And were you there? Im not saying it didnt happen but you know how stuff gets twisted. If Ben and the others did it, shame on them and they truly are chit

• Like Like x 1
  20. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    What makes you think I'm excusing Colon or the officer? I'm not. Their actions were also unacceptable.

My understanding is that nothing in the published accounts is in question except what happened between Roethlisberger and the young woman once she was shut in that room with him including that she was too drunk to consent. It is the story up to that point that I find disgusting because I doubt anybody other than Roethlisberger is sure what happened in that room. Hell, he was drunk, too, so maybe he isn't even sure.

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  21. Steelpens65

Nov 28, 2021
    Flattery will get you no where

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  22. SteelerNole

Nov 24, 2019
    Stalker

23. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    If you are going to post, please only use words if you know what they mean.

24. Born2Steel

Born2Steel Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2023
  25. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    In Maryland it’s known as pbj or probation before judgment. Basically they say we have this against you, but if you stay out of trouble for however long we will drop it.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1