1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Cam Heyward not sure if he plays in 2020 or not:

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Diamond, Jul 1, 2020.

1. Steel Hog

Steel Hog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2017
    Good. Maybe he can talk some of his teammates into joining him. Better yet, lets all live in fear and cancel the season altogether. I'm tired of all the worrying about whether or not we'll have a season. Either this situation is that bad and we shouldn't be playing or its safe to play and we should. Time to get off the fence. MLB is making a fool of themselves with the fake crowd while across the street the bars are packed.

2. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Not sure with these two Mac but that does seem to be a factor in many cases.

Interestingly enough. I have 3 elderly clients that got covid, 2 were completely healthy, just old and suffered just mild symptoms, one had a fever. They were on that cruise that was being kept off shore and then shuffled off to a base in Georgia. The other one is 82 and was rehabbing in a nursing home and has a number of health issues including diabetes which is a big one for covid deaths and she survived it.

Go figure.

3. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    It’s a Black vs Gold forum.

• Like Like x 3
  5. Vox Ferrum

Vox Ferrum Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2019
    One can read or hear about all the stats, a relatively small number of children have died from covid, yet when you hear of just one case it still tugs at your heart and makes you realize we are obsessed about sports when families are getting hit with life and death decisions. No the world does not stop, but stories like the one you shared ought to at least make us pause and reflect on what is truly important.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
  7. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Wrong, that’s part of his reason, the other part is right in his statement. Doesn’t want to spread it to others.

Cam has already stated he might sit out. Yes, I fully expect there to be others.

8. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

TuRnDoWnForWaTT Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2018
    Not so sure about that anymore.

It is hard to discuss the NFL right now without it becoming political, because that is what the NFL has made itself to be. As a society we politicize every minute detail. The NFL is no different.

I miss the days where NFL team management spent their time building the best roster possible, and NFL players spent their time becoming the best NFL players they can be. At the end of the day all came together to accomplish something together that was larger then themselves. It is the true nature of what sports is intended to be.

This is not the case now. The NFL is now about NFL management doing damage control, and trying to avoid lawsuits at all costs. The NFL is about who is, and who is not, going to kneel for the national anthem. The NFL is about players who want to be paid the maximum amount possible for the smallest amount of play possible. It truly is sad that a sport that has consumed almost all of my life as a player, coach and fan, I can barely stand to pay attention to.

Sorry for the rant Steel Elvis. None of this was directed toward you. I read the responses to some of this Covid stuff and it gets to me. There is a global pandemic going on. Instead of any of us working together to solve the problem, we beat each other down with our ideals. The sad truth is WE ARE ALL THE PROBLEM.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Be that as it may, there is no reason for it to be dragged into our forum. There are people that keep repeating the same offenses and it’s disrespectful and getting tiresome.

I have a **** ton of things I want to say on the political front but I do it elsewhere.

10. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

Jan 1, 2018
    Not to call you out Blast, but I'm not sure how a Chief player sitting out due to Covid is a thread that belongs on the Steeler board.

Any thread started that has to do with Covid is going to draw out exactly the type of response you are getting. Like it or not, right or wrong, it is a political subject.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    I'll tell you what is sad, roughly 5 million children worldwide under 10 die in a year. Nothing to do with covid. Real sad thing is a lot is because of hunger. Just doesn't seem right.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  12. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    I wonder how this will change the betting lines. Vegas will have a hell of a time keeping up if players keep changing.

I get my ass handed to me way to much when I bet on the NFL. I think I'll just enjoy the Pickem and Survivor which I hope the board has this season.

13. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Covid isn’t political, it was turned into it by others. It’s relevant because we have the first player sitting out and Cam is talking about sitting out and there are almost certainly going to be more or they wouldn’t have bothered with the opt out.

Also I wasn’t calling you out, far as memory serves, I haven’t seen you make those kinds of posts, certainly not a lot anyway. I was just responding to what you wrote.

14. BigBensBigBong

BigBensBigBong Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2014
    Yep. The statistics of average flu vs Covid-19 are not well explained. To get people informed they need to show first a baseline. Not only how many die of the average flu (which they say is 1/10 of one percent), but a breakdown of the demographics. Then compare that to up to date statistics for Covid-19. They also need to compare the after effects of each. Right now, I know nothing about that. During average flu, do some have lingering respiratory issues like Covid-19? How do they compare?

I would be interested in knowing for sure the exact statistics, but something as simple as actual mortality rate for Covid-19 are unknown because even the experts disagree. All they have is an estimated range because they really don`t know how many people got exposed and were asymptomatic and are not counted in the "cases" category.

Not knowing facts is part of the reason why we have one side who thinks the pandemic is blown way out of proportion and some of whom who think we should have just gone on business as usual. Some on the other side want to keep us in lock down.

What a disorganized mess we look like. Very disappointing and embarrassing for this country.

• Like Like x 2
  15. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

Jan 1, 2018
    I try my best to avoid that sort of thing on here. My original post was written out of frustration.

The point I was trying to make was that I miss when people of all sexes, races, religions, and political affiliations, could all come together and support a football team. Football used to be my escape from the problems of the real world. Now it is a constant reminder of them. I would rather sort through page after page of Lev Bell and AB threads than debate who is and is not racist. Or whether or not Covid is a disease made up to effect the outcome of the November election.

Like I said, as a life long moderate, watching all of this unfold everywhere is frustrating.

• Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  16. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Merged it with the Cam thread, now Glemm will be able to sleep at night.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  17. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Thanks. I would’ve responded earlier, but I was taking a nap.

18. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012

Too many people are focused on the mortality rate when it doesn’t show the whole picture. Under 1% suffer strokes. Another group permanent lung damage. Yet another permanent heart damage. Yet even more suffer permanent loss of cognitive function. Being that we’re only 5 months into this thing with no end in sight it will be a while before we have real hard data. Of course even then a bunch of people will claim it’s just the flu

19. AFan

AFan Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    Every year every where. I work internationally, spent lots of time in South America, Cariibbean. (Though not so much now!). It is sad, measles, polio,effect a lot of people.

20. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    Thanks man my anxiety gave you a thumbs up lol

21. bigbenhotness

Nov 1, 2014
    Not only that, him sitting out changes our defense dramatically.

22. bigbenhotness

Nov 1, 2014
  23. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    No more Hargrave to step in either, really hate that we lost him.

• Agree Agree x 2
  24. SteelersFanIrl

SteelersFanIrl Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2019
    If they lose one of Cam Heyward or Stephen Tuitt for significant time this year it will hurt them a lot. Hargrave was such an excellent stop gap last season but at $13m per year it was not realistic to keep him around. He was the one and only bright spot from that very unfortunate 2016 draft.

I feel good about Alualu and Wormley stepping in when needed, but not for an entire season.

• Agree Agree x 2
  25. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    Bud will need to step up if one of Cam or Tuitt doesn't play. Bush too.

• Like Like x 1