1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Cam Heyward nominated for Art Rooney Award

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Blast Furnace, Nov 15, 2017.

1. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Way to go Cam :applaud:

Defensive end Cam Heyward has been nominated for the fourth annual Art Rooney Sr. Sportsmanship Award. Each of the league’s 32 teams nominates one player for the award, which goes to the person who personifies sportsmanship through fair play, respect for the game, and integrity in competition.

“There are a lot of good football players in the NFL, but there are a lot of selfish players. Cam is not like that,” said assistant head coach/defensive line coach John Mitchell. “Cam wants to win. He doesn’t care if his number is called or not. What I like about him is when he encourages a player, or corrects a player, he is correcting himself. I have heard him tell players this is what we have to do, but I have to do it just as well as you have to do. That makes the player he is engaging with feel good because they know he isn’t just talking to them, but he is talking to himself too, saying Coach Mitchell wants me to do it better too.”

The award was established in 2014 in honor of the founder of the Steelers and Pro Football Hall of Famer.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Iowasteeljim

Iowasteeljim

Oct 26, 2011
    What a great honor. Way to go!

3. lexruthless

lexruthless Member

Nov 15, 2017
  4. Rambro

Rambro Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    We really missed him in the AFCCG last year. The heart and soul of the defense IMO. I remember he was almost labeled the next Ziggy Hood. I hope Bud keeps improving the same way Cam did.

5. steelcurtainmrp

steelcurtainmrp Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2016
  6. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    So glad he's a Steeler. IronHead would be very proud.