1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Calm down everyone...

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Go 'lers, Sep 8, 2019.

1. Go 'lers

Go 'lers Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2015
    So Antonio Brown has now signed with the Pats (just like we knew he would) would you expect anything else? They did this with LaGarrette Blount and James Harrison, it's just what New England does.

Brown is a good deep threat but seriously.. who cares. Let's calm down and focus on a few things...

• They have Brown but no Gronk this year (well, at least right now) and Edelman isn't 100% at the moment. They brought him in because they're desperate at the receiver position.
    • We won't be facing AB during our week 1 matchup with the Pats, this is most definitely in Antonio's best interest!
    • We got to fleece the Raiders for a 3rd and 5th round pick which I'm perfectly okay with.
    • He's now New England's problem, I know they do a decent job at trying to reign in troubled players but this guy is a serious nut job, hope they enjoy!
    • Finally, and this is the most important thing to remember, he's a cancer we no longer have to deal with!
    I know everyone is worried but seriously, the Steelers got infinitely better when they dropped Brown then the Patriots did picking him up. We are going to be fine.

In the words of Aaron Rodgers: "Relax"

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 1
  2. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    Not worried at all...

I mean it’s not like the patriots are better having the best WR and they could end up winning the super bowl surpassing us while Steelers inevitably paid for Brown to help them do so...

9D03A913-67CF-4537-A8A9-B2D79B1D79FA.gif

• Hilarious Hilarious x 5
    • Winner Winner x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  3. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016
    I am very calm personally. I had Pittsburgh winning this game shortly after the selection of Devin Bush. After seeing how improved the defense has become, I am more comfortable now than I was in April.

Antonio Brown being in New England did not factor in for me. Even if he was, who is to say AB is the same?! He has not played all Preseason to boot while dealing with his frostbite.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    The Pats 3 top skilled position players are 42, 33 and 32 and no Gronk.

Id be much more concerned with AB going to them 10 years ago.

Belichick and Brady aren’t going to change what they do to make sure AB gets his stats which AB cares way more about than winning. Just the opposite, they could be 0-6 but if AB has big numbers he’d be happy anyway.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. bigbenhotness

Nov 1, 2014
    I think if we keep patriots to a low scoring slug fest we will win. Can’t beat them In a shootout

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. bigbenhotness

Nov 1, 2014
    Exactly. Brown wants the ball and $$

7. STEELWARRIOR

STEELWARRIOR Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    I'm not worried actually I'm pretty calm and confident about this match up that the Steelers will walk away with the win!!! Everything must come to an end all the great teams have experienced it Steelers of the 70's, 49ers of the 80's, Cowboys of the 90's, and now the Patriots of the 2000's the time is now!!!! We almost got them last year!!! You keep chipping at the iceberg and eventually it becomes ice cubes!!! All Steelers fans should be very excited right now its the season opener and who do we draw!!!! The Patriots the champs what better way to start the season!!!! They will be hoisting their 6th banner tonight, but hey we did it first been there done that!!! So you have 2 Six time Super bowl champs going head to head on Sunday night Football where the whole nation will be toned in. Go Steelers:herewego!:

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    If they don't score we can't lose. :smiley1::cool:

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  9. defva

defva Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Just heard that the patsies offered Colbert a #1 in a trade. And, Colbert turned it down

10. KnoxVegasSteel

KnoxVegasSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    Devin Mccourty is #32 and Malik Gant is #42. But who wears #33????

;) Just kidding.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  11. Jammasterc

Jammasterc Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    I just hope the 2 announcer goofs tonight can drop it pretty quickly.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    I'm not worried about this game as much as I'm worried about season. I have a great fear of the Pats and Eagles in another Superbowl. Impossible for me to root for either team. Push comes to shove it's the Eagles I hate more. Tough living among their fans and just a minute ago I had to hear that annoying as hell Eagle war cry.

13. Ray D

Ray D Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 18, 2011
    The Patriots have shredded defenses (including us many times) using taxi drivers and plumbers as WRs. And you think we have no cause for concern when they add the arguably best WR in the game?

I need whatever drugs you're on.

• Agree Agree x 3
  14. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    But we are the best at adding wrs. What's the concern? :cool:

15. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Strangely I’m not worried that much about this game or the season. I think we have a very realistic shot of beating them tonight. As far as the season goes I feel we have the potential and right mindset on paper to do something special. I actually expect a good year and as long as nothing boneheaded and catastrophic costs us a shot at the ultimate goal(SB) I can be content with most outcomes ( unless AB shreds is in the AFCCG) :facepalm:. I’ll sum it up like this if we have things go our way and actually win a SB.....fantastic. If we have a bad year and underachieve again this year I think and hope the necessary changes will be made. It’s almost a win/win as far as I’m concerned. Tonight is a big step...forward or running in place? The time for talk is officially over....

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. STEELWARRIOR

STEELWARRIOR Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    That's very true back in March so in the end they scratched that itch!!! The will stop at nothing to get their way in the league!!

17. DukeDukeDaDaDa

DukeDukeDaDaDa Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2017
    How are we supposed to be calm when the most corrupt team in the league continues to do whatever they want with no repercussions? And one of the worst human beings on the planet will probably get a ring out of it. But hey at least we still have Mike Tomlin. Yeah everyone calm down!

18. Busman

Busman

Oct 18, 2011
    We are fine. This will be a very close game. Looking forward to seeing this new faster defense with the hybrid pass rushers and run stoppers. Brady is 42 and he needs his oline to protect him more now then ever. I see Vance making a few keys plays in this game and TJ getting to Brady once or twice and Cam is going to reak havoc

19. rutan74

rutan74 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011

20. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    I personally don't give a shat. Just glad this mental defective is gone. Lets see how he adjusts to being just another player. Yea, I feel it isn't going to go well. And Gordon I would put money on he will be suspended again.

21. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Who's worried, I like our team.

22. steelpens

steelpens Well-Known Member

Mar 9, 2019
    Hindsight is 20/20, of course it sounds good now we got a 3rd and a 5th and they got him anyway.
    But had the Steelers traded him to NE, they would have (rightly so) been flamed to no end. I know I would've been pissed.
    Of course in the end, that's where he ended up and hopefully, both the patsies and AB get what they deserve

• Agree Agree x 1
  23. Frost33

Frost33 Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2014
    AB going to the Pats makes them better, period. That said, I like this team a lot. We haven't seen this good of chemistry in a LONG time. The defense isn't perfect, but they're young and really fast, which is a great combo.

I'm torn on what AB is going to do in NE. The Pats have a history of getting troubled players to get in line and do what is necessary to win. Look at what they did with Moss a few years ago. I wouldn't be surprised to see AB get in line and be a model player and I wouldn't be shocked to see him get there and in the next few weeks start to blow that locker room up.

24. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    :facepalm:

25. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

Hm?! Interesting.

Care to elaborate?!

• Like Like x 1