1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.

Calling all FF players (2017 league)

Discussion in 'The Steelers Fans Fantasy Football' started by Ray D, Aug 3, 2017.

1. Ray D

Ray D Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 18, 2011
    Once again, we'll set up as many leagues as needed pending demand.

If you are interested in joining the Board's league, or maybe 2 or 3 if it comes to that, please PM @Ray D@Ray D.

All invites will go out through PM and are first come, first served. Yes. Our leagues do a live draft (that's half the fun).

We usually draft Labor Day weekend, but I'd like to fill the league(s) as quickly as possible. Don't be shy. ;)

• Like Like x 1
  2. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin

Oct 12, 2011
    I'm in. Thanks for getting this going again, Ray! :clapping:

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. SteelCity_NB

SteelCity_NB Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 23, 2011
  4. blackandgoldpatrol

blackandgoldpatrol Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2011
  5. steelcurtainmrp

steelcurtainmrp Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2016
  6. Ray D

Oct 18, 2011
    I sent invites to the folks who posted here about wanting in. But as a general reminder guys and gals, PLEASE PM me with an invite request so I don't miss it.

• Like Like x 1
  7. NY STEELERFAN

NY STEELERFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    Thanks for setting this up look forward to my first year in this.

8. steelcurtainmrp

steelcurtainmrp Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2016
    When is the draft? Couldn't find it in the league.

9. Ray D

Oct 18, 2011
    That's odd. Could have sworn I set it.

It should be set now. Saturday, September 2nd at 1pm EST.

That's open to change if a majority asks.

• Like Like x 1
  10. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
  11. Ray D

Oct 18, 2011
    Well it didn't take long for me to have my first major goof. I'm usually good at math, and always performed well in school. But it appears as though I cannot count. :facepalm:

I sent out more invites to the first league than we had positions open. Then again, I did say it was first come first served. So one or 2 of you may not be able to join the league even though you have an invite depending on when you tried to join. When last I looked, there was still one spot open, but when you read this, it may be full. That's the bad news.

The good news is that I've already opened the second league and have started sending invites for that. If you had an invite for the first league, but it filled before you could join, PM me and I'll get you an invite to the second league. If you want to play with the board, there's plenty of room in league 2. Also PM me and we'll get you in.

12. Ray D

Oct 18, 2011
    Still plenty of room in the second league. Jump right in!

I'd also like to remind people, or let anyone know who's unaware, that the NFL.com Fantasy League has a smartphone app. I highly recommend everyone gets it. It seems that every year, someone (or as happened last year, half the league at one point) has trouble with the on-line draft. Either their computer crashes, the website freezes, something just isn't working. Or maybe you can't be in front of your computer for whatever reason. You CAN draft using that app. Internet goes out? If you still have a connection for your phone, you can still draft. Stuck at your mother-in-law's house? Phone app. You get the idea. ;)

13. truckin9999

truckin9999 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    add me please

• Like Like x 1
  14. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    I will not be able to make it, my son has his first game of the year that day at 1:30. If the time don't get changed I will prerank. ty

15. Ray D

Oct 18, 2011
    I can set it earlier while there's still time to get the word out. But I can't see setting it much earlier than 1100-1130. And that's assuming people are ok with it. These drafts tend to last 45 minutes to an hour. Would that even be enough time for you? I'm assuming you would have to leave a lot earlier to make his 1:30 game (warm ups, etc).

16. pjgruden

pjgruden

Oct 16, 2011
    Ray, if you still need spots to fill, you can always add me to the second league if you'd like.

• Like Like x 1
  17. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012

Thank you so much Ray, if it is no trouble 11 would work great. The funny thing is normally I would have to leave at 11ish however his first game is a home game and I live next to the school. Like I said if it is not trouble tot he others in the league that would be great but if it is a problem no big deal I can prerank. Thanks again for you flexibility.

18. Ray D

Oct 18, 2011
    Any objections to moving League 1's draft to 11:00 am EDT?

• Like Like x 1
  19. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin

Oct 12, 2011
    Works for me. :thumbs_up:

• Like Like x 1
  20. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
  21. pjgruden

pjgruden

Oct 16, 2011
    Ray, whatever works for the group. I most likely won't be able to participate as I'll have to work then . No big deal. I'd probably draft a better team with me not being there :dancing:

• Like Like x 1
  22. Ray D

Oct 18, 2011
    I've often thought the same... (about me of course. ;))

• Like Like x 1
  23. Ray D

Oct 18, 2011
    We still have 5 openings needed to fill for League 2. I don't mind people doubling up, and they are first come first served. Labor Day Weekend is quickly approaching.

24. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    Same here. I tend to do pretty well in FF, but I do well by managing the waiver wire. I'm usually not up on who's projected to do well statistically other than the Steelers until after the season starts, so my drafting isn't always so good.

• Like Like x 1
  25. Ray D

Oct 18, 2011
    Less than a week to go. We need players in League 2. If you're already in League 1, you can still join league 2. PM me for an invite.