1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Caleb Williams

Discussion in 'The Bill Nunn Draft Room' started by AtlSteel, Mar 2, 2024.

1. AtlSteel

AtlSteel Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2021
    I haven't heard him speak before. Heard him talking at the combine about his goals for the NFL - wants to be the best ever, seat at the table of the greatest ever, says he tends to rewrite history. Didn't say one thing about wanting to win a Super Bowl or anything team related. Small sample size and he might be the greatest team guy in the world, but it stood out to me.

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. doubleyoi

doubleyoi

Apr 26, 2012
    I was just reading an article about the "opt-out generation". They mentioned that the promotional video of the NFL combine featured the top guys and none of them are actually participating. They also said Caleb Williams is the only guy they remember declining to share medicals and is not allowing the medical exam at the combine. In some respects I understand - when you are already one of the top guys you only can lose by participating in any of this.

https://sports.yahoo.com/as-stars-l...es-with-the-opt-out-generation-023322745.html

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012

You got that from this interview?

4. Vox Ferrum

Vox Ferrum Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2019
    I actually agree with him is taking this stand. The medicals are available to a certain extent, and he said any team he visits he will do the medical stuff, but 32 teams can't draft him. I understand the business side and you want all the info you can get to make the decision, but why should I go through 32 gropes and coughs when a limited number of teams are actually going to even get the chance at me. If you want to talk trade with Chicago bring me in on you limited visit list and do your thing, if not do not waste my time, lol.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012
    I watched a lil bit of a video today , saying more a less he is a walking red flag. Also said his dad causes problems to ..????

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012
    NFL Scout is not sleeping on Bo Nix, Here is part of his take

People are sleeping on QB Bo Nix.

Most think Caleb Williams is the answer because that’s what’s pounded into our heads.

There’s a difference between great college QBs and great NFL QBs.

Things like going through progressions, not locking in with receivers, time to throw, downfield ball placement, and ball security matter in the NFL.

It’s for these reasons Bo Nix’s overall skill set translates better to the NFL than the skill set of Caleb Williams.

Game film ✔️ votes for Bo Nix.

Yet, all we hear about is Caleb Williams.

As someone who worked under Hall of Fame Coach Bill Parcells with the Jets in the Pro Scouting Department: My comp for Bo Nix is Kirk Cousins. My comp for Caleb Williams is Zach Wilson.

Who would you rather have on your team, Kirk Cousins or Zach Wilson?

Bo Nix has the best short-to-intermediate passing game (0-19 yards) in this draft class and that’s a majority of NFL plays.

Bo Nix also has elite accuracy on the move in the short-to-intermediate route levels.

No question Caleb Williams is the better athlete.

No question Bo Nix is the better quarterback.

What does 2023 game film reveal?

I studied every single snap of these two QBs:

Caleb Williams ⬇️

Bo Nix ⬆️

In other words Caleb Williams regressed —and Bo Nix showed improvement.

Against top-25 teams the last 2 seasons:

Nix 6-5
    Williams 2-9

Time to throw:

Nix: 2.44 seconds (PFF)

Williams 3.21 seconds (PFF)

Nix’s time to throw would currently be the second fastest in the NFL next to Tua Tagovailoa (2.36 seconds).

Williams’ time to throw would currently be the second slowest in the NFL next to Justin Fields (3.23 seconds)

2023 completion percentages:

Nix: 77.4%
    Williams: 68.6%

2023 touchdowns thrown:

Nix: 45
    Williams: 30

2023 interceptions:

Nix: 3
    Williams: 5

2023 passing yardage:

Nix: 4,508
    Williams: 3,633

2023 sacks:

Nix: 5
    Williams: 33

Last two years sacks:

Nix: 10
    Williams: 63

2023 QBR:

Nix: 91.2
    Williams 82.4

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
  7. Steelpens65

Steelpens65 Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2021
    If i was da Bears, i would trade my #1 pick to Washington. Get what you can get in more draft picks, than select Marvin Harrison Jr. I definitely would pass on Caleb

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Vox Ferrum

Vox Ferrum Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2019
    Why would they move up? Don't even know if they want Caleb, perhaps they like one if the other guys that are there as much, or are willing to wait. The reality is we could see an 83 draft where 3 of the guys are really good, a 4th (Obrien) was pretty decent and the other sucked, or 1 might be great and the others bust. All of the talk and comparisons are only good until they get into a good system and show they really can be pros.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
  10. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012
    Lol I just saw a picture of him wearing a dress, .. this kid has problems, and is gonna cause who ever drafts him problems

11. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    I call BS on this :rolleyes:

12. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012
    Call it what you want

upload_2024-3-19_2-40-27.png