1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Cajuns thoughts- you might not agree!!

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by cajunyankee, Nov 7, 2011.

1. cajunyankee

cajunyankee Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2011
    First off stop blaming Gay. This was not his fault. He may have gave up the winning score but he supposed to have help over the top ( Clark ) and he knew it and he played underneath to protect against the backshoulder throw which he did. I'm not a huge fan of Gay and really like our hammer safety Clark but that TD falls on Clark. In fact it was Gay who who recovered the stripe fumble by Harrison.

Secondly Ike had the wosrt game. If not for bad hands he would have already given up the go ahead TD. He was beat and beat often including the final drive which kept the ravens drive alive. In fact the ravens 1st TD in the 3rd was because Ike was called for pass interference and the ball placed inside the 5 1st and goal.

Thirdly- Where the heck is Timmons. He was a 15th overall pick LB and has been declared the next greatest thing the past couple years, every year being declared his breakout season.....I'm still waiting. He's making so many mental errors it negates his physical skills.

Forth- Our oline played a very good game and Gilbert really shutup Suggs and anyone else who came his way.

Fifth- Bens stupid int was painful. We're in scoring position, give them the ball and then they score....that hurt.

Ben and Moore not making that play/catch for 1st down gave the ravens the ball back with too much time. They connect and the game is over.

Sixth- James Harrison is a beast and he showed up big time. Note to timmons: that's how you play OLB so stop saying you can and should play outside. You showed you can't and I'm making the case you really can't play inside either!! As bad as foote is he's still better than you, he makes the defense calls, doesn't get caught out of position as much as you and always has more tackles than you.

Seventh- Woodley was missed and when he comes back look out NFL. Worilds looks like a player and with experience he'll be ok.

Eight- Brown is not better than Wallace....buts its so close who really cares, great to have them both and great pick-up on Jerricho C.

Cajun-

2. slickster10

slickster10

Oct 23, 2011
    and ninth... GO STEELERS!!

3. Thigpen82

Thigpen82 Bitter optimist

Oct 17, 2011
    Agree with most of what you put, but this in particular. I actually didn't notice Timmons the entire game, pretty much. I maintain that he's being groomed like Troy to make guesses on plays - remember Troy's first season, when he was usually in the wrong place? - but there's a difference between seeing Troy miss a tackle, and not even noticing that Timmons is on the field.

4. dkblue

dkblue Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    Timmons helped to shut down Rice. He did very little in this game.

5. FeartheBeard

FeartheBeard Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Considering Rice was a non-factor, I wouldn't exactly say Timmons did very little in this game.....

I thought our OL did a GREAT job. Ben had a ton of time. His INT was just plain stupid.

Our db's as a whole were just plain bad- Taylor, Gay, and Lewis killed us on third down. :oops:

6. cajunyankee

Oct 27, 2011

7. nitrous12

nitrous12 Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    I certainly can not find anything to disagree with in the original post. Well put.

8. cajunyankee

Oct 27, 2011

Timmons had ONE tackle...ONE and only 3 asst tackles. Hampton our NT equalled his output. worilds and Hood both had 2 tackles and 1 asst. Our Man Foote had SIX Tackles and Four more asst tackles. The beast had EIGHT solo tackles and 3 sacks.......

I repeat,,,Timmons was a none factor and we do need him.

Cajun-

9. SteelerD

SteelerD Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2011
    Can't be sure but I know that Dick Lebeau said their gameplan began and ended with stopping Ray Rice. Timmons may have been keying on Rice most of the game. If he was, and Rice was pretty well contained, then I wouldn't call him a non-factor. Sometimes a defenders contribution will not show up in stats. Again, I'm not sure this was the case but I would still take Timmons as a starter at MLB over Foote. Admittedly Foote had a pretty solid game. (This Time)

10. cajunyankee

Oct 27, 2011

You really think Timmons has what it takes to call the defensive plays and make the adjustments when the QB autibles? I'm not a big fan of foote and was a big fan of drafting timmons. Fact is Foote is better and that is a shame. Timmons is given too much credit for Rice's lackluster showing.
    Cajun-

11. SteelerD

Oct 20, 2011
    I guess we will just have to disagree on Foote vs Timmons. I trust that a certain Def Coordinator who has coached in the NFL since long before a lot of us were born can decide who is best suited to start on his defense. Foote had a good game but has had a few bad ones as well. Do you remember how slow and out of position he looked when he spelled Farrior in the second qtr. week one. Again, no hard feelings, I just disagree with you on this issue.

12. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    As I said before, the RT should have chipped Suggs. It wasn't all Ben's fault.....although I don't like that play at all...just run the ball.

13. Lizard72

Lizard72

Oct 23, 2011
    Timmons needs to step up and show up! Worilds needs to take better angles.

14. cajunyankee

Oct 27, 2011

No hard feelings. I'm not a big fan of foote. He is slow, a good tackler but not a hard hitter. Timmons has all the tools,physically, at least that's what i thought. A big debate raged for years whether we were playing him out of position cause he's really an OLB. Well, we know the answer to that one now, not very good outside. So his only chance is to be an ILB. After 5 years he's being outshined by foote. What does that say. Our DC with 50plus years of NFL experience gives Foote the defensive responsibilities over Timmons. Why? Two other ILB drafted same year as timmons were Patrick Willis and Jon Beason..... They are leading their teams so why shouldn't we expect the same from Timmons? Saying foote is out playing Timmons is not a good thing but a true one.

Cajun-

15. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    I agree run the football. I started a thread about the failure to establish a run game early and that you just can't try to establish the run late in the fourth. It just doesn't work. No one in the Ravens front seven had any fear of the run game.

16. indysteeler

indysteeler Active Member

Oct 23, 2011

:this!: Let's take the positives and hopefully the coaches and players will watch the game film and fix the negatives. In reality, Ben's int was the turning point in this game.

Indy

17. SteelerD

Oct 20, 2011
    They didn't even need to establish the run at that point. All they needed to do was hand the ball off, don't fumble, fall down in bounds. We punted anyway, why not take the Ravens last timeout and punt inside the 2:00 warning? :hmmm: :hmmm: :hmmm:

18. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    true but had they established some kid of running game maybe they get three or four yards moving forward instead of Redman getting met in the backfield without a lead block and being driven back three yards. making them fear the run also opens up the play action and gives the receivers more room since the Ravens would have to cheat up to stuff it. I am not naive enough to believe that anyone can over power the Ravens in the run game but i would like them to have to play honest instead of defeating it with a seven man front and soft zone behind it.

19. SteelerD

Oct 20, 2011
    Agreed