1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Cajun's final Mock

Discussion in 'The Bill Nunn Draft Room' started by cajunyankee, Apr 24, 2012.

1. cajunyankee

cajunyankee Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2011
    First off I'd rather trade down to late 1st early 2nd and p/u an extra 2/3 rd pick. I feel this draft is light in 1st rd talent and quite heavy in 2nd/3rd rd talent. In other words teams drafting late 1st rd will be getting 2nd rd talent,some drafting in the 3rd rd could be getting 2nd rd talent and even some teams drafting in the 4th rd could be getting some quality 3rd rd talent.

That said here is my mock, in the 2nd/3rd/4th/5th rds I added "b" and "c" picks in case my 1st picks are gone. Also I've tried to match BPA with Needs which is hard but I believe we should build a team and not just aquire talent.

1) Peter Konz C Wisconsin........ I've watched him Play and he's the top ranked center. He is big,strong( and with an nfl team will get stronger) with quick feet. He gets to the next level very well meaning he'll be a Great pulling OG and Great Back-up center. We really need to solidify our Interior Line andn he's our best option,provides flexibility and our run game Will improve.

2) Alameda Ta'amu NT Washinton..... A very Large,strong quick NT who has played in a 2-gap system with production. He's not just a workout warrior.His stock has risen to anywhere to very early 2nd to middle 3rd rd. Our Needs say we really need a NT in in my opinion he's the best NT in the draft.
    2b) Zebrie Sanders OT Fl St..... This almost my 2a pick. Jon Martin OT will be gone. I like him (martin) and think it'll be a toss up between him and Konz for the 1st pick.

3) Bernard Pierce RB Temple..... controversal pick but I really feel we could use a top notch proven RB I believe Pierce will be the best available RB left. He has size,speed strength and not afraid of contact. He'll push Mendy & Redman forcing Clay and Dwyer to fight for that last spot. I think Batch is a lock for the 53.
    3b) Mychal Kendricks ILB California....ILB is not as big a need as many say. We have Foote,Timmons,Stevenson. Some think Worlids could move inside if needed. We do need to think about the future and if Kendricks is here and he could be then go for it.
    3c) Bobby Wagner ILB Utah St..... If Pierce is gone then lets go ahead and address our ILB corp for the future. One of these two guys will be there and either one will push Stevenson as this should be Steveson's year to claim his role on this team.

4) Brandon Taylor S LSU.... A smart experienced team captain @ strong safety. Time to think about both clarks and troy's replacements, both are in their 30's. We have Mundy but not much behind him.
    4b) Trenton Robinson S Mich St..... a safety who could be used as a nickel corner due to his speed and coverage skills. He is more of a flexible DB than Taylor but Taylor is a better pure safety. Toss a coin or choose who is left here.

5) Tommy Streeter WR Miami...... A tall WR with great Speed...ala Randy Moss.... NO I'm NOT saying he's randy moss but his combo of speed/size with good hands can make him a 5th rd steal. I really hope we get this guy here.
    5b) Hebron Fangupo NT BYU...... this is a BPA pick. I just don't see how he could be here but many are saying he will be. Not only did he play NT but also DE in college. His flexibility combined with size abd strenght just can't be passed on, even if we draft Ta'amu why pass on Hebron here? How many Steeler fans realize how often we run the 4-3? How often Hoke and Hampton was both on the field on Goal line situations. We currently have NO-ONE able to replace Hampton and this IS Hampton's final year!!

This is my 5 rd mock and I'm sticking to it.... The Steelers have Never followed my mock.....wonder why? Oh well, tell me what you think!!

Cajun-

2. HugeSnack

HugeSnack Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    For the two NT thing, it's true right now we have no one to replace Hampton, but we DO have someone to replace Hoke: McLendon. He does well in goal line, despite his being smaller than the really big guys. You replaced Hampton with Ta'amu, so our top two NTs for the future are in place. With Fangupo, that's 4 NTs for 2012 so you'd have to drop McLendon, and I just don't see him as needing to be replaced at the backup position.

3. SteelCity_NB

SteelCity_NB Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 23, 2011
    I wouldn't mind getting Konz if we traded down. I've been on record saying I like him more than Zeitler. However, if either one of Glenn, Poe or Hightower are there, I don't think we can pass them up.

Love Ta'Amu.

Don't like Pierce in the 3rd round. I'm on record for not wanting a RB at all, but if we were going with one in the 3rd round, I would choose either Turbin or Pead.

Like Taylor and like Streeter, although im not sure if Streeter lasts this long.

4. cajunyankee

Oct 27, 2011
    I'm not a big fan of Glenn, He's a big slow OT who's gonna play OG. I was a very much intrigued with Poe but the steelers never go after workout warriors and this seems to be Poe. Hightower will most likely be the choice and at 24 probably a good choice. I would rather have either OG Konz or OT Martin ( who is rising as Adams falls).

I like Pead but really think he's gone late 2nd early 3rd. Pierce over turbin for me.

I'm afraid there's a chance Streeter is gone too, I almost went T.Y. Hilton here but decided to stay with Streeter.

Snack- I totally get no 2 NTs in a single draft. I just don't think McLendon is a NT. Hampton is most likely in his final year and probably won't be here till week 7. We have alot of 3-4 DE/4-3 DT types and if we're gonna stay with the 3-4 we Must build that DL correctly. The past ten years when we lost Hampton due to his many injuries Hoke came in and we lost Zero production @ the zero-tech and that's important. Also its a 2nd choice for a 5th rd pick. In the latter rds BPA trumps needs.

Cajun-

5. cajunyankee

Oct 27, 2011
    There's 20 hrs left before the draft and I have to make it official, I keep everything except RD 1.... First choice is Jonathon Martin OT..... 1a is Konz if Martin is gone. Still hoping we trade down to late 1 or very early 2.

Cajun-