1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

"Cajun's" 7 rd mock draft

Discussion in 'The Bill Nunn Draft Room' started by cajunyankee, Jan 8, 2013.

1. cajunyankee

cajunyankee Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2011
    1) Kenny Vaccro S Texas
    2) Alex Oklafor OLB Texas
    3)Nico Johnson ILB Alabama
    4)Mike Williams TE Alabama
    5)Alex Carder QB Western Michigan
    6)Dann O'Neil OT Michigan
    7)Michael Shanahan WR Pitt

Okay, its something I found on Bleacherreport but I said "Cajun's" only because I really like it as it addresses our key needs, also I just wanted to have some fun.

My "real" mock is just to early and nowhere near ready.

Cajun-

2. mrn6

mrn6 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    I think Okafor will get drafted before Vacarro..not a bad list..but man how can you pass up on Chance Warmack after last night? (if he is there at 17).

3. TarheelFlyer

TarheelFlyer Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2011
    I never really care that much about the draft after the first 3 rounds. To me first 3, potential long-term starters. Rounds 4-7 are role players which while important aren't going to help a TON in the coming year. That being said, I agree with the position choices for the first 3 rounds. To me our biggest needs are S, OLB, and ILB. Some of that can be mitigated based on the UFA period, but I agree with the list.

4. blackandgoldpatrol

blackandgoldpatrol Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2011
    I never really care that much about the draft after the first 3 rounds. To me first 3, potential long-term starters. Rounds 4-7 are role players which while important aren't going to help a TON in the coming year. That being said, I agree with the position choices for the first 3 rounds. To me our biggest needs are S, OLB, and ILB. Some of that can be mitigated based on the UFA period, but I agree with the list.[/QUOTE]

your thought process is way off..... brett keisel (6th i believe).... cortez allen (4th)....steve mcclendon (undrafted)....mike wallace (4th)...... jonathan dwyer (6th)... redma n (undrafted)...... willie colon (i forget exactly but i believe 6th)...... i think you get the picture

5. SteelHack

SteelHack Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    Keisel was 7th and Wallace was 3rd...but your point stands.

HACK

6. blackandgoldpatrol

Dec 5, 2011
    and i totally left out antonio brown (5th), undrafted james harrison and future h.o.fer hines ward (4th)........ this list could get so much larger

7. gpguy

gpguy Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2011
    Brown 6th
    Ward 3rd
    Colon 4th

8. cajunyankee

cajunyankee Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2011
    Ike 4th rd
    Foote 4th rd
    A. Smith 4th rd

We've established talent is available in Later rds. We Got Beechum in the 7th rd and he did quite well in relief this year. But how about the mock that was listed? Is it possible and does it match what you see as our biggest needs and are they met in the best manner?

Cajun-

9. blackandgoldpatrol

Dec 5, 2011