1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

C.J.Anderson

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Disco1981, Jan 12, 2019.

1. NY STEELERFAN

NY STEELERFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    FYI in April CJ was a FA didn't you say in your last post it was September? That was what I responded to in September he was signed already by the Panthers. I am not doubting you talked about him I am talking about the timing......

2. SteelerJJ

SteelerJJ Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011

Those are some big holes with the Saints. I think it's pretty much that with Anderson.

3. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    The point is that the organization screwed up. Why bother posting at all if you aren't going to engage in a discussion of the choices made by the front office, coaches and players?

As soon as the Panthers cut Anderson, the Steelers should have drafted him. It was clear that Ridley could not be trusted with the ball. The Steelers should have signed him and they could have easily cut him again if Bell had shown up.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    I'm not surprised that they didn't do it, but that doesn't mean they weren't wrong. Clearly, it was a mistake to keep Ridley rather than sign Anderson. Anderson has been very productive and Ridley lost a huge fumble on one of his very few touches against the Saints.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    I couldn't remember when he first got released by Denver, I was just taking a guess, and didn't bother to look it up that's why I said September.

6. mcam

mcam Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2017
    There's actually a pretty nice breakdown of the Ram's offensive line out there somewhere.

Long story short, even as good as Gurley is, the man isn't getting touched many times 4 yards in.

I knew that and my dumb azz didn't pick up CJ when Gurley got injured for fantasy. I knew he would do well. Good back, but good line.