1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Bye week, Cin at Balt !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Edson Cardona, Nov 13, 2011.

1. Rush2seven

Rush2seven Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    Shaub is out, don't worry about the Texans.

I don't want to waste my hate too much, but I'm hoping the 49ers are good enough to beat the Rats in Baltimore but not good enough to beat us in San Fran.

2. PWP

PWP Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Do not count out the Texans......IMO their Team is not built around the QB......Rather they are built as a Team,,,,,they lost their top WR and they kept winning.......They still have a great D and 2 strong RB'S behind a nasty OL........

IMO the QB need not to play great for them to win....A recipe I wished we would follow.........As crazy as this sounds they might even get better because now they must lean on the run and the D more......IMO this makes the Texans even more formidal as now they will play to their real strenghts even more than before.........

I predict they still win the #1 seed and will be a very tough out for any Team......We can beat them ,,,but we need to give them a dose of their own medicine to do so..........

3. STEELWARRIOR

STEELWARRIOR Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    That, wish of the Texans losing any games could very will come true due to the fact that, Shaub is out the rest of the season with a foot injury and guess who is the starting QB....... Matt Leinhart "Mr. Interception" Texans will emplode they will not make the playoffs you heard it here :swordsman:

4. numbah58

numbah58 Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    If my memory serves me Cincy usually plays the Ravens tough. It's possible that they sneak out of Baltimore with a W.

5. Iowasteeljim

Iowasteeljim

Oct 26, 2011

After giving this theory of playing down to our competition much,much, much (did I say much?) thought I have come to the conclusion that we tend to play too conservative against good competition. I watch teams, like the Bengals for example, when they play us. They play with nothing to lose and will go for the high risk, high reward plays. Yes, we tend to win over this approach, but not always. If I knew how to find the right balance for us, well, I wouldn't be here talking to you common folk. I'd be cashing in my NFL paycheck, shooting myself in the leg at clubs, get in fights at strip clubs, playing human frogger while drunk driving, anyhow you get the picture!

6. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    with schaub out for the texans this may all be falling into place. woodley,sanders,ward rested. legs back. saunders and crotchedy coming on in the O. cortez allen starting to get some more playing time. all these things peaking by playoff time means we will be looking good. one game at a time boyz. :popcorn: sit back and enjoy. :cool:

7. edog55

edog55 Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    I agree with you 100% on that 3rd. and 2 with the lead is a running or a PA down it should never be a empty set pass. The Steelers with Arians have gotten very comfortable with that empty backfield set and passing. To much of that stuff. For the life of me I can't understand why they just won't line up in the I formation or off-set I with Redman and run straight ahead. All they want to do is line up in that one back set and pull FAT KEMO to the right and run Mendenhall inside of KEMO's block. Most times it gets very few yards. Tired of it.

Also, you are telling the truth abot the Texans, San Fran, and now the Broncos running the ball in this pass happy league. They are the exceptions. They are committed to the run game. Something the Steelers use to do. Now its throwing the ball 50 times a game. I wish Mr. Rooney would step in again and make them get back to the running game. Infact, I think they should be looking for a starting quality RB in the upcoming draft. I hope they don't resign Mendenhall after the season. They should resign Wallace and say so long to Mendenhall. They should also be looking for a legitimate blocking FB.

8. PWP

PWP Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011

9. Thigpen82

Thigpen82 Bitter optimist

Oct 17, 2011
    I'm thinking that it will be a similar game to ours. If they can keep Flacco in check in the second half, and Dalton can rally the team if they go behind, then who knows?

10. defva

defva Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    houston is done

11. SteelerFan

SteelerFan Well-Known Member

Nov 6, 2011
  12. truckin9999

truckin9999 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    This is really going to help Cincy. I could easily see the Ravens getting smashed in this game.

13. ScottChab

ScottChab Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    I would love to see Cincy beat the piss out of the Ratibrds.

14. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    :rawk:

Is Green out for this game?

15. ScottChab

ScottChab Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    He missed practice on Wednesday, Thursday and today so it isn't looking good for him.

16. Jim90

Jim90 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    What I like is the ratbirds play SF before we do,, hope the coaching staff pays strong attention to how SF approaches this game, since the rats try to copy how Pitts plays.

17. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Depends on if you are coming or going.

18. Jim90

Jim90 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    it feels good to have a bye week, the fans need this break just as much as the players :stogie:

19. truckin9999

truckin9999 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Not me...They could air an NFL game 365 days a year and I would be over joyed.

20. Busman

Busman

Oct 18, 2011
    I am with Jim92.. I need the break. The Steelers really make me lose a year of my life per game .. I cant take it anymore lol

Bman

21. Jim90

Jim90 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    :amen:

I love the blowouts it gives me some relief while watching a Pitts game, this season is driving me crazy with all the should'ves , could'ves and the WTF'ves is he doing on the field?!?

22. Edson Cardona

Edson Cardona Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Well, none of my wishes.
    Go Steelers, go !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

23. bigsteelerfaninky

bigsteelerfaninky Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    thats ok as long as you still got them 2 girls.....they should keep you quite young