1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Bye Bye fans.......again

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by THREE RIVER SHIVER, Nov 23, 2020.

1. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    I'm moving to LA. My son lives down there and it seems those southern folks are tough monkeys. The kids are going to school normally and my son rarely has to wear a mask. Not saying they are right just saying how it is.

PS: Son, daughter-in-law, kids all got covid. Results: D-I-L loss sense of taste for a few days. That's it.

2. jimmyallen45

jimmyallen45 Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2012
    Yes, and there is always a weather factor too. Playing a team like the Raiders or Colts- or even the Titans- will be an advantage for a cold weather home team.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. Steelcitian

Steelcitian Well-Known Member

Sep 6, 2017
    Stupid question, but is the only thing preventing them from cancelling the season now or to begin with the loss of revenue? I like to think that the narrative is we need good old American football in out lives for some normalcy but I'm sure there is too much loss. Figure its the year the Steelers go 10-0 for the first time in franchise history. Would feel a lot nicer if it was a normal season.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    I clicked agree, but I would question whether we’re optimally built to be a “cold weather” team (on offense at least). We are extremely reliant on our passing game, and our offense struggles when our passing attack struggles. We have not shown that we can impose our will by consistently running the ball when the other team knows we want to run. The Chiefs have been more able to do that.

5. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    What part of L.A.? Here, in San Diego, the schools are open/closed according to the district they're in. If your son rarely wears a mask, he must not go out in public much. Our Governor is just as big a dope as any of them (look up Gavin Newsom and birthday party at French restaurant). I hope you're moving to a good part of L.A. There's very few of those.

6. troybellringer55

troybellringer55 Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    Well I hope Mrs. Rooney gets her lungs out and gets Renegade rolling. This is all gonna hinge all on her.

7. troybellringer55

troybellringer55 Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    Bacon wrapped Kobe Wagyu Filets do sound good.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. steelersrock151

steelersrock151 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    think he means Louisiana LA, not Los Angeles L.A.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. THREE RIVER SHIVER

THREE RIVER SHIVER Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2017
    Think he was talking about Louisiana....not Los Angeles

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    That makes more sense! Can't imagine why anyone would move to Los Angeles on purpose!

• Hilarious Hilarious x 3
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  11. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    I lived in Los Angeles back in the late 90's two blocks from Manhattan Beach. It was flipping awesome being at the beach every single day seeing those California girls. The best part and only reason I lived there was because my company paid 100% of my living expenses in a condo with 2 swimming pools and 2 Jacuzzi's.

The very first week there my bike was stolen off my porch where the lock was cut. Filed a police report and they pretty much laughed at me for leaving it where it was visible. Had to buy a new bike for transportation.

California is pretty much a Paradise sh*thole from San Diego all the way to North of Redding and even into Oregon and Washington. Beautiful places to visit if you can stay away from most of the people but I wouldn't live out there long term for any amount of money. Especially San Francisco. That place is a Golden Toilet.

Last edited: Nov 24, 2020
    • Agree Agree x 3
  12. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    Concur! Most of the beach communities are cool but, WAY overpriced! If I could convince my wife, I'd move to somewhere in the mountains.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. FeartheBeard

FeartheBeard Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    I have no idea why anyone liked your comment. Living your life in fear? Or just out of respect for people who could and DO get really sick from this. Jesus Christ.

• Like Like x 4
    • Dislike Dislike x 2
  14. Brice

Brice Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2018
    I still think they are going to do a bubble like the NBA & NHL for the Playoffs, so there will be no home field advantage for anyone.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  15. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    I've had good experiences in California. Great state to visit, but I wouldn't want to live there because of the cost of living. Now Alabama and Mississippi? Those states are total sh!tholes.

• Disagree Disagree x 3
  16. DukeDukeDaDaDa

DukeDukeDaDaDa Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2017
    Well considering the air inside a house is recirculated and if somebody in the household has it...do I need to continue?

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  17. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012

Yes. Please do. Also, include the 6 foot rule if you could. It would be great if you could perhaps use a full airplane as a simile.

I am done with this conversation.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  18. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    I'll start scouting properties for you my Friend. Plenty of mountains up here in Inyo County. Your wife could visit on weekends and Holidays.;)

19. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    Sorry - you'd never fit in HM - no one knows what what Heinz Mustard is out here (except me) - everything is Sriracha and Wasabi. :drinks:

• Like Like x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  20. The Glory Days

The Glory Days Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2017
    With all our precautions, all our restrictions, one of our owners got it from his wife who works in the school system. He brought it in and 7 of our employees, including myself, have tested positive. Before I showed symptoms, I gave it to my wife and 78 year old mother. Of my family, I got the worst symptoms, 100.5 fever and sore throat for 2 days. That's it. I didn't lose taste. I was barely uncomfortable. Wife lost taste and had body aches for a day, mother felt sick at her stomach. From this, I have learned firsthand that it can spread quickly and easily. But without pre-existing conditions, it isn't an issue. None of us took up a hospital bed. We didn't require treatment. We didn't add to the mortality numbers.

So why anyone is removing 5000 fans from a 65000 seat facility is ridiculous.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  21. Jujubean

Jujubean Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2019
    Glad to hear you and your family are Ok. Nice to hear positive stories with all the doom and gloom out there.

• Like Like x 1
  22. Blitz

Blitz Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2016
    Watching mainsteam media with the sound off gives me a clearer picture of what its all about. Dramaticism, Hysteria, and Fear. You should consider it suspect that a particular point of that fear is not being blown from the rooftops.

Supposedly, In every country and in every study, the majority of deaths are elderly over 70 and specifically those in nursing homes. Which can be spun to be a "duh" position, but is also quite interesting.

• Winner Winner x 2
  23. Jujubean

Jujubean Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2019
    I agree but 70 isn’t that old to die from a virus. 85 plus nursing home range unfortunately any bug you get could be game over.

24. steel_ben7

steel_ben7 Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2015
    They need to revisit allowing fans back into the games come playoff time. If things calm down some with the cases come January then they need to let at least 15,000-20,000 fans into Heinz Field in a safe manner which I’m sure they can do if they carefully think things out for what hopefully will be 2 playoff games. It’s an absolute travesty that we are on the verge of maybe having one of the best Steelers seasons in their long history and there are gonna be next to no fans there to see it in January for a playoff game. The idea of having only 5,000 fans or maybe even no fans at all for a potential AFC Championship game against the Chiefs and Mahomes at Heinz Field is ridiculous. They need to find a way to let fans back into the stadium come January in a safe manner to see this team in the playoffs. It’s gonna really piss me off if they don’t.

25. The Glory Days

The Glory Days Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2017
    So there's the quandry. Would you rather have this season without fans in attendance or full stadiums and scratching and clawing for a playoff spot?