1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Bush named AFC DPOW

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by TheTerribleOwl, Oct 16, 2019.

1. The Glory Days

The Glory Days Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2017
    But he's just a product of the system. I mean, you could plug anyone into our juggernaut of a defense and they would excel. Fitz was a bust in Miami until he came here.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  2. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    AQL prediction may hold true

3. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

Only if my statline prediction did. :facepalm:

Knew he would have some turnovers for certain. I did not think he would catch fire the way he did so early. Incredible indeed.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. Hawaii 5-0

Hawaii 5-0 Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2019
  5. The Glory Days

Oct 8, 2017
    So
    Sorry, but I can't help but want to punch the grill out of his mouth. I have no reason not to like the kid personally, but that's just stupid. C'mon man.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. STEELWINDS

STEELWINDS

Sep 12, 2019
    Hey, if the young man can keep ballin' out like he has been he can add diamond studs in there as well for all I care. I know it is a bit annoying to some but as long as he can keep a level head, that is all that matters. I do no want too see him bankrupt when he retires. Let him enjoy his success. When I was his age it was the gold chains and gold nugget rings. I came across some of my old jewelry the other day with a few chuckles.

• Like Like x 1
  7. The Glory Days

Oct 8, 2017
    I know, I know. I wanted a mohawk so bad when I was wrestling in high school. I'm glad my parents put their feet down now.

But now I'm a parent and I hate this crap. I'm just old and curmudgeonly.

8. STEELWINDS

STEELWINDS

Sep 12, 2019
    Nah! You're good The Glory Days. I am a retired inner-city public school teacher with 30+ years experience. I have seen the trends come and go and they will continue and some will even come full circle. Devin Bush seems to be fairly level-headed up to this point. Hopefully, he encircles himself with the right people. Money, success, and fame have funny ways of doing things to people. Just look at Antonio Brown and Le'veon Bell.

Most of us on this board were probably not born with Silver Spoons in our mouths and that includes our beloved Steelers as well. I just hope that the Steeler organization has systems in place to help these young men stay on the right path. Their fame will be short-lived but hopefully not their "fortunes". How many bankrupted athletes and other celebrities have we all heard about over the years who do not have a dime to their names once the polish wears off? Take care. STEELWINDS

9. The Glory Days

Oct 8, 2017
    I hear ya. But I would have to question the systems we have in place because of what happened to AB and Juice. It's not just the Steelers that are struggling with this, and like you say it's the trend. Unfortunately, many of these athletes grow up with little and aren't prepared to handle to having a lot. And when I see a young player with a tremendous upside following a seemingly destructive trend, it worries me. It happened to AB. It happened to Juice. And it could easily happen to Bush if he doesn't surround himself with the right people.

10. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    Strange reaction to another person's teeth. He grew up in Florida, that's the style (for some people).

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. The Glory Days

Oct 8, 2017
    I know it might be a strange reaction. I accept that. It was the first thing that popped into my head when I saw that picture. So I commented as such. It was a visceral reaction.

I posted earlier that I wrestled in high school. It was the 80's and Vision Quest was my favorite movie. Michael Schoeffling's character, Kuch, had a mohawk. I wanted one too. Real bad. Mom cried and dad threatened. They won. So yeah, I understand the desire to express yourself in less than conventional ways. I get it. Honest. But like I said earlier, I'm old and curmudgeonly. I don't have to like what those darned blasted whipper snappers are doing this days. AND STAY OFF MY LAWN! ;)

• Like Like x 1
  12. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    I probably wouldn't be thrilled if my son came home with that setup (or a mohawk), but Devin bush having it doesn't bother me. :drinks:

• Agree Agree x 1