1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Bush and Williams

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Blast Furnace, Jul 31, 2020.

1. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
  3. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    You know i was thinking about that today going I wonder if someone opts out would Ryan go heck I'll do it. Then saw a video post of him doing wall squats against his wife(she beat him) and thinking yeah he would totally suit up just to play again.

4. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    I haven’t heard any new updates on his progress, anything else said along with that video?

5. thorn058

Oct 19, 2011

This is the tweet that had it.

• Like Like x 3
  6. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    At the very least, he has quality of life back. Couldn’t ask for more than that.

Good for him :applaud:

• Agree Agree x 5
  7. Steelrules

Steelrules Well-Known Member

May 12, 2013
    I’m pulling for the guy but he still walks with an abnormal gait. We all need to be realistic and accept that his playing days are over. Let’s hope the Steelers find a spot for him in as a scout, coach...

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Roonatic

Sep 4, 2017
    What it take for Shazier to become a weapon in the middle, three years? Bush needs to make some noise this year in coverage while Vince stunts the Oline.

9. SteelersFanIrl

SteelersFanIrl Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2019
    I like the Vince / Bush tandem with Vince coming off on third down. The depth behind them is what worries me.

I know he wasn’t popular but should they pick up Mark Barron on the cheap for the season? He knows the system and would offer at least experience if one of the starters goes down

It would be nothing short of a miracle of Ryan Shazier plays again. Then again, Alex Smith seemingly has been cleared to play again after that absolutely horrific injury in 2018 so anything is possible I guess.

10. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Doesn’t really matter what we think and no one should be telling Shazier otherwise although I suspect he just uses it as fuel.

If he is still striving for a return, I’m behind him all the way.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. Roonatic

Sep 4, 2017
    2017 we would have got past the Jags with him imo. Then most likely got stomped in Foxborough.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  12. STEELWINDS

STEELWINDS

Sep 12, 2019
    Hey Roonatic.

That was both unacceptable and embarrassing. How do you score 42 points only to give up 45 and lose? At home on top of that. And to boot, correct me if I am wrong, but didn't the Jaguars only score 10 points the week before to beat the Bills? Add in disgusting as many of you know to be one of my favorite descriptors around here. I too was screaming about the Jesse James play that took away our #1 Seed. However, after the way we played the Jaguars, even if we had the #1 Seed would it have mattered? I would like to think so but my gut tells me probably "no". Unfortunately, and in all likelihood, if we played New England at home even if we beat the Jaguars, we probably would have lost. Maybe not though. Oh well, one can hope. Right? (Smile).

STEELWINDS AKA The East Side Kid

Last edited: Aug 1, 2020
  13. Roonatic

Sep 4, 2017
    I forgot that was the year we almost beat them without Shazier. If the afccg was in Pitt - we win imo
    Can't win in Foxborough when Bill uses his audio-video options unless you keep Brady on his bum ala the Broncos.

14. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    I'm a VW98 fan so I'm good with that pairing...I'd love to see UG3 in the mix as well though, I hope he stays healthy this year.

15. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    As much as I would love to see him play again, I hope he never tries it.

16. blackandgoldpatrol

blackandgoldpatrol Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2011
    I do like vince.... he's a thumper with the stuff upstairs to match..... that said, i'm really looking for Gilbert to take a big step... he's a far more superior athlete and has speed to match bush... that would be the closest thing to bush shazier as we're going to see

17. thorn058

Oct 19, 2011
    You sure about the stuff upstairs? I'm assuming you mean football IQ and not just a savy person. I have always held the opinion that he guesses too much on the field often wrongly. Jumping the first gap he sees and when he doesn't know he makes a big hit to distract you. He is a hell of a thumper and will bring it downhill against North and South runners, but the cut back runners get him all the time. Heck the Ravens bread and butter run play the entire time Vince has played in Pittsburgh is to sell the fun slanting right, whole oline moves while t he back slowly waits for the cut back. Not go pick on him for that either it got Shazier, Bostic, and Barron as well. They play the motion and not the back. Bush was a mixed bag last season, some times he bit on it other times he was iceman waiting for the RB to make his move then he had him.

• Agree Agree x 1